Mitch might not work out

How worried are you about Mitchell David Trubisky?

• 0%. He will be fine/great/future HOFer

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • 1-24%. Starting to worry.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • 25-49%. Skeptism is there now.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 50-74%. Oh man, I wish we didn't trade for Mack. Time to consider the future elsewhere.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75-99%. Extreme worrisome. Very nervous.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 100%. BUST ALERT!!! He's a fucking bust!! Back to square one.

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't try to use logic and reason with these meatballs.

Mitch is on pace for 4,300 yards passing, 35 TD, 16 INT, 650 yards rushing, 5 rushing TD. Which would be the best single season in Bears QB history, and he's doing it in his 2nd year with a rookie head coach.

He has also had 4 games with a rating under 85, and two above 100.

I always thought this year would be a roller coaster for the Bears. But he has to get more accuracy on those deep pass's, and his decision making and vision still has a long ways to go.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the team is somehow supposed to improve next year with limited cap and no draft picks?

This team is not going to get better the next two years. They’ll begin to degrade do to lack of draft and financial capital.

because nobody ever improves in year 2 of a new offense?

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
He has also had 4 games with a rating under 85, and two above 100.

I always thought this year would be a roller coaster for the Bears. But he has to get more accuracy on those deep pass's, and his decision making and vision still has a long ways to go.

Don't think anyone will argue with you on that, but we knew he was raw and would need time to develop when we drafted him. He's actually way ahead of schedule in terms of taking care of the football. Most 1st/2nd year QBs are turnover machines, he for the most part makes good decisions with the ball, just needs to set his feet when throwing which he doesn't do well when pressured, it's a process.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think anyone will argue with you on that, but we knew he was raw and would need time to develop when we drafted him. He's actually way ahead of schedule in terms of taking care of the football. Most 1st/2nd year QBs are turnover machines, he for the most part makes good decisions with the ball, just needs to set his feet when throwing which he doesn't do well when pressured, it's a process.

He is not seeing the field, and struggles on his second and third reads. He is pretty good when he has time, but any pressure and he is erratic as hell.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch needs to be more consistent. He had a bad game but I can live with these horrible games if the offense is scoring 30 points. Usually 30 points is good enough to win a game.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chad Pennington's arm is too weak and Marc Trestman has this team completely undisciplined.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
400 yards and 3tds is too weak? I would like to know your professional resumes for being an athlete

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Still young. He is getting much better. Pocket presence is getting much better. His accuracy issues seem to be coming from him throwing off the back foot causing his passes to sail. I'm still happy to watch this team compared to the shit we have been watching for the last decade. 3-3 we will be alright.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I have defending Mitch a lot. I look at the good & bad. But I also know there are always factors that go into why things happen.

When you see no pressure & a wide open WR get missed there are only 2 things that factor in. The QB & the WR.
Did the WR slow down or stutter step as the passing is being thrown or in the air?
Was it a spot throw & did the QB generally hit the spot.
The throws Mitch miss are not always spot throws but some he's been blamed for the WR broke stride.
It's the rest that bother me. Those are still happening. Overs & unders every single game.
If those don't get vastly improved Mitch will never make a leap to elite. And there are very very few things that can fix them.
Unless Nagys QB coaching is incompetent the only thing I can see is just [time].
This is a new offense 6 games in & many of these throws he's never thrown before.
As opposed to Brady who has probably made every throw at every angle under most conditions. Very familiar with his system & still missed a few.
So by the last game of the season we need to see a big step up in ball placement.

Mitch coulda/should played better but in the end did enough to win this game.
The WRs were bad.
The OL was subpar but did enough to win the game.
Why does Sims ever see the field & Amos is on my last nerve.
The defense went from dominate to subpar still did enough to win this game.
Nagy's coaching & play-calling could have been better but he did enough to win the game.
Special teams had a meltdown. Completely shit the bed. And the team in all other phases did the bare minimum to win the game.
And when all phases do the bare minimum it only takes 1 to lose the game for you.

OL whiffed & didn't give Mitch enough time on the last play to complete a follow through pass.
When the pass goes up everyone did not rally to the area to catch or push White into the endzone.
1 yard short of Overtime with the infamous Patriots tells me next year this team should be able to hang with any team in the NFL if they can make ANY progress on all the bad shit popping up these last two games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't liked what I've seen today. Very poor accuracy, 1 INT but could have/should have easily been more. His scrambling ability has impressed but that's not enough. This might not work out folks.

UPDATE: Another pick by Trubisky on a really shitty pass.

Disagree with the title but not the body. Bad game but this stuff isn't linear. Picks even out over a season. He deserved one today but not the one that bounced off of Bellamy.

Last 3 games is a perfect example of 2 steps forward and one step back.

richb688

Liked Posts:
How do you tell he is not seeing the field lol????????????????????? Did he have a great game no-decent yes. Special teams were horrible and defense pretty non-existent bust you say nothing about that lol

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Belichick figured him out.... he knows that he does not stay cool and accurate when the heat is on. Bring guys at him and Trubs really falls apart.

Thats the book on him right now. Other coaches not named Belichick were too dumb to exploit that.

Leave it to Belichick to find your weak spot and go after it.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Belichick figured him out.... he knows that he does not stay cool and accurate when the heat is on. Bring guys at him and Trubs really falls apart.

Thats the book on him right now. Other coaches not named Belichick were too dumb to exploit that.

Leave it to Belichick to find your weak spot and go after it.

A lot of the pressure came without bringing extra guys. A lot of good QB’s end up with bad days when that happens.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
POLL: How worried are you about Mitchell David Trubisky?

Vote.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a scale of 1-Tebow?