Nagy/Pace staying

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Why did anyone EXPECT them to be fired? They should have been fired. But expected? No.

Last edited:

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if George tells them no QB in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round. Give the regime a chance.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Why in the fuck would anyone lobby for traded picks or a signed vet at qb? With Brady in this scheme it wouldn't matter. Pure insanity.

This has to be a mirage to buy time for at minimum a new head coach.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Fuck George McCaskey
Could also be buying time... Id like to know the "LEAK" Hopefully everything is getting discussed with the new prez of football operations. Windy, if there was a complete house cleaning, is it possible someone from Baltimores front office could finally be pulled away.... maybe Newsome?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why in the fuck would anyone lobby for traded picks or a signed vet at qb? With Brady in this scheme it wouldn't matter. Pure insanity.

This has to be a mirage to buy time for at minimum a new head coach.

Honestly, as much as i dislike it, I get it.

Nagy has 2 years left, pace has one year left. Both basically have a year left.

If you fire them now you put the new head coach/gm in a terrible situation due to nagy/pace. There would be basically zero difference this year from last. We are in cap hell until 2022.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Could also be buying time... Id like to know the "LEAK" Hopefully everything is getting discussed with the new prez of football operations. Windy, if there was a complete house cleaning, is it possible someone from Baltimores front office could finally be pulled away.... maybe Newsome?

Very doubtful, if anything they just promote pace to president and hire a new GM.

Almost everyone in the media and on here expected no one to be fired the moment we started winning again.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
So serious question, if you're Nagy how do you right the ship? Most importantly, how do you fix your pathetic offense?

I posted this in another thread, but what can they possible promise that they didn't last season?

What are they gonna tell us, or what could they have possible told ownership? "This time we REALLY mean it" ??

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Even if this turns out to be true I'm fairly certain this is nothing more than an educated guess. Because if there's one thing and one thing only this organization is good at is keeping everything close the vest. I call total shenanigans on any "Leaked." Info.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I posted this in another thread, but what can they possible promise that they didn't last season?

What are they gonna tell us, or what could they have possible told ownership? "This time we REALLY mean it" ??

And we all knew it was bullshit back then. Nagy was exposed as a fraud very early on last season.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I hate this team.

Why do I follow chicago sports? I have to deal with the Reinsdorfs and McCaskey's. I should just start waking up on Sunday mornings and punching myself square in the nuts. It would be a less painfull process than watching this organization.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So serious question, if you're Nagy how do you right the ship? Most importantly, how do you fix your pathetic offense?

If you’re Pace and Nagy, you basically at this point have to go all-in on trading up for a quarterback in the first round, then hope the guy lifts your offense.

Hey, it’s possible. There will definitely be a QB picked after the Bears’ selection that looks good as a rookie, just like there has been every year for Pace’s entire term.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I disagree with myself. I think they know they can't wait for a rookie QB to develop. They'll either bring Trubisky back or try to get a Wentz or Prescott. They know they have to win big in 2021 or else. I have no confidence that will actually happen, but they'll try, because they know there's no tomorrow for them.

Last edited: