Nagy/Pace staying

lincster27

Liked Posts:
Instead of hiring a new GM and making him stick with someone else's HC for a year, they will hire a new team president and make him stick with someone else's GM/HC for a year.

Better yet, they'll go the Cubs/Blackhawks route and create the position of President of Football Operations, move Pace into it, and give him even more authority to f*** things up. Hell, he could be the Stan Bowman of the NFL!

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I posted this in another thread, but what can they possible promise that they didn't last season?

What are they gonna tell us, or what could they have possible told ownership? "This time we REALLY mean it" ??

They are gonna say although they made the playoffs they are not satisfied with simply making the playoffs and will work on returning to the playoffs and going further and competing for a championship

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know what's so great about Pace and Nagy staying? They know that 2021 MUST be a successful season, or they lose their jobs. So what they'll do, is mortgage the future for 2021. They'll dump future picks for bad trades, and make a bunch of desperation moves with only 2021 in sight. Fuck 2022 and beyond, because if they don't go 9-7, it's all over for them.

And all of that will set us back even farther. In 2022, a new GM and HC will come in and inherit a complete dumpster fire, and have to work that much harder and smarter for the next couple of years to just get us to kind of break even again. We should be ready to contend by about 2026, though. I can't wait for the 2026 season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They will likely be set back for another couple years with extensions and restructures to 'go for it' again, whatever the fuck they think that means.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alan_Sands_Razor_Blades.jpg

Its about that time

Robocop 80

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Houston Astros
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Better yet, they'll go the Cubs/Blackhawks route and create the position of President of Football Operations, move Pace into it, and give him even more authority to f*** things up. Hell, he could be the Stan Bowman of the NFL!
Stan Bowman’s regime has three championships though.

Last edited:

shoez90

Liked Posts:
This team isn’t even the same solar system as Green Bay or KC, but the guys who built it get to continue on.......
every SB that Mahomes wins should be the anniversary of firing Pace and trust me dude has more in him. I hope when he is eventually shown the door long after Virginia is gone they give him a 2000 camry as a consolation gift.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you’re Pace and Nagy, you basically at this point have to go all-in on trading up for a quarterback in the first round, then hope the guy lifts your offense.

Hey, it’s possible. There will definitely be a QB picked after the Bears’ selection that looks good as a rookie, just like there has been every year for Pace’s entire term.
If it’s the same bullshit offense of blocking fucking east and west it won’t matter. He’s such a god damn twit.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what's so great about Pace and Nagy staying? They know that 2021 MUST be a successful season, or they lose their jobs. So what they'll do, is mortgage the future for 2021. They'll dump future picks for bad trades, and make a bunch of desperation moves with only 2021 in sight. Fuck 2022 and beyond, because if they don't go 9-7, it's all over for them.

And all of that will set us back even farther. In 2022, a new GM and HC will come in and inherit a complete dumpster fire, and have to work that much harder and smarter for the next couple of years to just get us to kind of break even again. We should be ready to contend by about 2026, though. I can't wait for the 2026 season.

To play Devil's advocate here, maybe the best thing they can do is when Teddy retires, hire a team president that oversees all personnel decisions, and goes the jaguars route of clearing the roster of bad contracts and overpaid vets, essentially tanking in 2021, That at least opens up 2022 flush with Cap space, a top 3 draft pick, and a new regime at HC and GM.

If that is the route they wanted to take, why not keep Nagy and Pace?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Fucking pathetic. Id say the Packers are laughing their asses off right now, but they haven't thought about the Bears in 20 something years.
The Packers are about as concerned with the Bears, as the Bears are the Lions.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:

Which is exactly why 1 Pace is back and all in with a 3 year plan to win a sb with a new head coach. Or 2 complete cleaning of house.

They can in no way with the current cap situation, offensive makeup and aging defense run this back another year. Just no way it works especially with Nagy running the offense and team discipline. Cut ties now, rebuild starts asap. Even if it means sacrificing 2021. Try to win with this crew in 2021, sets us back 5 years potentially.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Which is exactly why 1 Pace is back and all in with a 3 year plan to win a sb with a new head coach. Or 2 complete cleaning of house.

They can in no way with the current cap situation, offensive makeup and aging defense run this back another year. Just no way it works especially with Nagy running the offense and team discipline. Cut ties now, rebuild starts asap. Even if it means sacrificing 2021. Try to win with this crew in 2021, sets us back 5 years potentially.

They are not gonna get rid of Nagy this year the playoffs pretty much guaranteed that .

You have Monty, Kmet, Mooney, and Cohen

Unless someone falls to them in the draft or some vet is willing to come and compete for the starting job they will start Foles again

Leno
Whitehair
Mustipher
Daniels
Ifedi

what can they do to improve that Oline

draft a linemen and a wideout and try and add more speed that can catch

They then plug in the defense with some cheap vets maybe an extension or two and play out the year as the work themselves out of cap hell.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They are not gonna get rid of Nagy this year the playoffs pretty much guaranteed that .

You have Monty, Kmet, Mooney, and Cohen

Unless someone falls to them in the draft or some vet is willing to come and compete for the starting job they will start Foles again

Leno
Whitehair
Mustipher
Daniels
Ifedi

what can they do to improve that Oline

draft a linemen and a wideout and try and add more speed that can catch

They then plug in the defense with some cheap vets maybe an extension or two and play out the year as the work themselves out of cap hell.

Ifedi is a FA, and I'm not sure they retain him.

If I was nagy/pace I would try to convert bars to RT, and then draft a Tackle in the first or seconds round.

Have that rookie compete with bars AND leno for both tackle spots. Let the 2 best of the 3 win.

I'd rather see a rookie like cosmi, and bars start, then see leno and massie touch this field again.

Cosmi, Whitehair, Must, Daniels, Bars.

That would be my line if I had my say in things.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Lol I probably won’t watch too much next year- no point. I did that a little during the John Fox years and it did wonders for my sports mind.