**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm telling you man, the Bears are putting together something special. I believe they need to pay #33 though to show that they will invest in their own.
This time feels different to me too, but only because of Justin Fields. I liked him leading up to the draft and nothing has changed for me there.

That said, Jaylon Johnson is good but not great. Maybe he turns in a great year but he's got to prove it. I personally think Poles is angling to let him walk but we'll see.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This time feels different to me too, but only because of Justin Fields. I liked him leading up to the draft and nothing has changed for me there.

That said, Jaylon Johnson is good but not great. Maybe he turns in a great year but he's got to prove it. I personally think Poles is angling to let him walk but we'll see.
Hopefully we can pressure the QB enough for JJ to show what he's got.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I wouldn’t mind seeing him dealt at the trade deadline if the season is below average. Eddie Jackson & Whitehair as well.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with your assessment: he's good but not great. I actually think within two years both the rookies drafted this year will be the starting CBs. But it's a different message to the team if he gets beaten out later, as opposed to if you drafted him, he played decent-to-well, and when his contract came up, you didn't sign him. This is made more relevant by them letting Roquan go. I've watched the motivation and morale of talented Bears teams dissipate in the past (like when Mike Ditka told the whole team not to sign external endorsements and then he showed up in commercials).

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I agree with your assessment: he's good but not great. I actually think within two years both the rookies drafted this year will be the starting CBs. But it's a different message to the team if he gets beaten out later, as opposed to if you drafted him, he played decent-to-well, and when his contract came up, you didn't sign him. This is made more relevant by them letting Roquan go. I've watched the motivation and morale of talented Bears teams dissipate in the past (like when Mike Ditka told the whole team not to sign external endorsements and then he showed up in commercials).
It all depends on how he plays compared to what he's looking to get paid. I've just got a feeling that Poles will value him lower than he thinks he's worth, not by much but enough to let him walk and (attempt to) replace him with more of a ballhawk, like Tyrique Stevenson. We'll see though. I don't know about the team morale aspect as these guys know it's a business.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t mind seeing him dealt at the trade deadline if the season is below average. Eddie Jackson & Whitehair as well.
It depends on what you can get obviously. It wouldn't be a horrible thing to keep him for the year, let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick in return for that presuming he earns a big contract.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It depends on what you can get obviously. It wouldn't be a horrible thing to keep him for the year, let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick in return for that presuming he earns a big contract.
You only get a comp pick if you don’t sign players to offset it. Roster is still bottom tier in the league so I’m pretty sure Poles will still be signing free agents next year

Nelly

Liked Posts:
You only get a comp pick if you don’t sign players to offset it. Roster is still bottom tier in the league so I’m pretty sure Poles will still be signing free agents next year
There's a formula of sorts but yea.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would expect we sign one or 2 big FAs next year as I think 2024 is shaping up to be when we really take that next step to contenders if Fields is legit. So not likely to get a comp pick IMO givem we have 95m in cap space and 2 first round picks to finish off the first stage of the rebuild.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would expect we sign one or 2 big FAs next year as I think 2024 is shaping up to be when we really take that next step to contenders if Fields is legit. So not likely to get a comp pick IMO givem we have 95m in cap space and 2 first round picks to finish off the first stage of the rebuild.
{I strongly feel} They will be contenders this year.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I have never heard that about Ditka and commercials. Serious? What is the source?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Sorry to interrupt the neo Nazi discussion, but here's a pretty good Tyler Scott interview. My favorite anecdote:

I'm telling you man, the Bears are putting together something special. I believe they need to pay #33 though to show that they will invest in their own.
1688678694340.jpeg