**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If anyone does, it has to be the Bears, one would think.

Rams' talent levels are way down from the Super Bowl year.
Cardinals are potentially one of the worst teams on paper this year, if Kyler can't start the majority of their games....even still, don't see 10 wins.
Houston and Indianapolis are in a pretty weak division, but both have rookie QBs. Colts probably have a better roster, but a more raw QB and neither teams have weapons of note.
Broncos added Sean Payton and if he can get Russ back to HOF levels, they have a chance to win 10. But they are in the same division as the Chiefs and Chargers, who obviously they play twice and also have Miami, Buffalo and NY Jets on the schedule. That's 7 games against likely AFC contenders.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If anyone does, it has to be the Bears, one would think.

Rams' talent levels are way down from the Super Bowl year.
Cardinals are potentially one of the worst teams on paper this year, if Kyler can't start the majority of their games....even still, don't see 10 wins.
Houston and Indianapolis are in a pretty weak division, but both have rookie QBs. Colts probably have a better roster, but a more raw QB and neither teams have weapons of note.
Broncos added Sean Payton and if he can get Russ back to HOF levels, they have a chance to win 10. But they are in the same division as the Chiefs and Chargers, who obviously they play twice and also have Miami, Buffalo and NY Jets on the schedule. That's 7 games against likely AFC contenders.
The Cards have a great shot at two top 5 picks in the 2024 draft.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How high a draft pick do you think Murray would fetch? After Russ, I think teams would be more cautious in going all in for Murray

Russ’s situation wouldn’t affect Murray’s value in the least bit. What will affect Murray is how teams view him. Is he a franchise QB or is he just merely a good QB that acts like a petulant child? Teams will always give up high picks for a guy they view as a franchise QB.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Russ’s situation wouldn’t affect Murray’s value in the least bit. What will affect Murray is how teams view him. Is he a franchise QB or is he just merely a good QB that acts like a petulant child? Teams will always give up high picks for a guy they view as a franchise QB.
Some teams will give high picks for the hope that the guy will become the franchise player he can play like.

Maybe there are facts here I don't know and aren't considering, but coaches in need of a QB will promise he can turn the young man into his best self. Two years down the line, would it really surprise you if Atlanta, Washington, Vegas or NYJ offered a first round pick because they had a middling season and can't draft a promising rookie at their position? My bet would be that he lands with the Jets because he could be back to form when they move on from Rodgers and want to remain competitive.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With Murray’s contract, I would only offer and late 1st or 2nd at best since he is coming off an ACL injury and has not elevated his play since signing the big contract.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some teams will give high picks for the hope that the guy will become the franchise player he can play like.

Maybe there are facts here I don't know and aren't considering, but coaches in need of a QB will promise he can turn the young man into his best self. Two years down the line, would it really surprise you if Atlanta, Washington, Vegas or NYJ offered a first round pick because they had a middling season and can't draft a promising rookie at their position? My bet would be that he lands with the Jets because he could be back to form when they move on from Rodgers and want to remain competitive.
Tampa Bay, Minnesota, GB, Detroit— could be a lot of teams interested in him depending on their direction after this year. Hell, Miami could be in a position to trade for him if Tua gets his eggs scrambled again.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
With Murray’s contract, I would only offer and late 1st or 2nd at best since he is coming off an ACL injury and has not elevated his play since signing the big contract.
I wouldn’t even offer that, but they’ll probably get it.

I don’t understand how teams don’t understand leverage in negotiations. It’s what I do for a living.

If Arizona tanks and they want to trade Murray, no one and i mean no one should even offer a fourth. They will have to drop him at some point, makes no sense paying a guy like that if you’re not going to play him. Leverage. But some terrible GM will offer something stupid.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
200.webp

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I don’t understand how teams don’t understand leverage in negotiations. It’s what I do for a living.

If Arizona tanks and they want to trade Murray, no one and i mean no one should even offer a fourth. They will have to drop him at some point, makes no sense paying a guy like that if you’re not going to play him. Leverage. But some terrible GM will offer something stupid.
See the Jets GM in acquiring Rodgers. That was a massive blunder in trade negotiations. Basically showed his hand before the river

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They understand it quite well. I think you are misjudging leverage as you are not privy to information that they are and your3 evaluation of Murray is likely far different than NFL teams.

See the Jets GM in acquiring Rodgers. That was a massive blunder in trade negotiations. Basically showed his hand before the river

QB is not like other positions. The Jets wanted Rodgers and wanted him early enough so he had a full offseason to learn the offense and his new teammates. If they judge him as the key to a Super Bowl run you dont fuck around trying to haggle.

The Rams are perfectly happy with the 2 firsts they gave the Lions as they got a Super Bowl that they likely dont get without Stafford.

Ditto on the Colts pre-draft QB remarks.

Everyone already knew the Colts were going to be desperate for a QB. There was no secret to keep.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They understand it quite well. I think you are misjudging leverage as you are not privy to information that they are and your3 evaluation of Murray is likely far different than NFL teams.

QB is not like other positions. The Jets wanted Rodgers and wanted him early enough so he had a full offseason to learn the offense and his new teammates. If they judge him as the key to a Super Bowl run you dont fuck around trying to haggle.

The Rams are perfectly happy with the 2 firsts they gave the Lions as they got a Super Bowl that they likely dont get without Stafford.

Everyone already knew the Colts were going to be desperate for a QB. There was no secret to keep.

The difference between Stafford & Rodgers is pretty simple.

The Jets were the only team that Aaron was willing to go to. You hold all the cards at that point. He was never going to stay in GB. He was either going to retire or go to the Jets.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

All true points, I think the QB position being so important will trump some logic with a certain amount of GM’s.

I’m not saying he is good or bad nor that he shouldn’t be traded, I just think that a team trading for him should pay less for him because of the balance is tipped toward them give Arizona’s situation.

NFL has such a short window as evidenced by Arizona. Two years ago they were probably viewed as one of the top ascending teams in the NFC.

One injury and couple of things happen at the wrong time to the wrong players and boom. Total rebuild.

Most of the GM’s in the nfl are under so much pressure to succeed and win that they often do foolish things that they otherwise wouldn’t.

I got a bunch of shit from tons of people on here bc I praised Poles for doing a great job of getting rid of everyone including even R. Smith. My point being with all the pressures, a ton of Adam’s wouldn’t have had the balls to do this! That’s what makes it so hard, pressure to win.

Look at the apples trade for Claypool, I know it can still work out but trading for what is technically one year of rookie contract with 1.5 years of just so so play for a 32 pick of the draft.(first round in my book). Forget Claypool, this type of trade goes against everything Poles stands for and especially half way through a season where we know he isn’t making the playoffs and how many spots that were needed to fill.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
You’re ? right!

I live in Tampa, Fl and I watched some bucs football. I’m torn about how I would feel about the whole Brady Super Bowl.

They bought an ancient but best QB of all time with fully knowing they’d win one or maybe two SB’s at most when they made this move bc they had so many pieces with the defense and the wideouts already there but cant draft a qb and we’re not in really good positions the past few years to get one in the draft.

Yeah, winning a SB is great and all but there really wasn’t much skill involved in my view. It has a bought feel to it, I would feel that it was tainted. Maybe it’s just me. I mean you’re never going to draft all your own players with no FA’s, im probably stupid for feeling this way but I would’ve be as happy as building your own team.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The difference between Stafford & Rodgers is pretty simple.

The Jets were the only team that Aaron was willing to go to. You hold all the cards at that point. He was never going to stay in GB. He was either going to retire or go to the Jets.
I may be misremembering, but wasnt it Rodgers who opened his mouth to the media first?

The thing is, I would expect the Jets to still have been in the driver's seat on this one, and that is why Detroit got more for Stafford than GB did for Rodgers. I would agree with the poster that recommended a 4th rounder on Murray simply because he doesnt have the professional success to be worth more in a trade.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I may be misremembering, but wasnt it Rodgers who opened his mouth to the media first?

The thing is, I would expect the Jets to still have been in the driver's seat on this one, and that is why Detroit got more for Stafford than GB did for Rodgers. I would agree with the poster that recommended a 4th rounder on Murray simply because he doesnt have the professional success to be worth more in a trade.
GB’s GM did very well in a trade in which he had very little leverage. Jets put themselves in a position to give up too much as their GM was rightly blasted for playing it all wrong. Rodgers will choke there as well and in 2(maybe 3) years, the Jets will be starting over in the front office