**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
To be clear I am not saying I would personally give up a ton of picks for Murray either. I am just saying based on past QB trades it is more likely that someone will give up more for him.

In a quick post I perhaps come off more blunt or abrasive than intended or dont fully articulate the nuances of your point.
Ditto!

I’m just glad the Bears won’t be in the Murray sweepstakes as of now. I also do wish the dude well, man how things have flipped for that organization. The NFL is so finicky and so much luck is involved bc there are so many things that there is no controlling.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ditto!

I’m just glad the Bears won’t be in the Murray sweepstakes as of now. I also do wish the dude well, man how things have flipped for that organization. The NFL is so finicky and so much luck is involved bc there are so many things that there is no controlling.
True, but they had 3 years to see him and if you, as GM, feel the need to add a clause for film study shouldn't you should be questioning if you should be be offering him a franchise burdening contract at all? Especially when you could have kept him under contract for 4 more years under his existing contract and franchise tags.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Murray will easily fetch a first and then some. My money is on the Atlanta Falcons or TB Bucs. Detroit might get involved once they finally figure out Goff is a limited QB
I watched the Bootleg Football (EJ and Brett Kohlmann) podcast episode where they deep dived on the Lions (they're doing it for every team). Really good podcast by the way.

The short of it is that the offense is built around what Goff does well, so it's unlikely they make a move in the short term. Just like the Bears were in position with a high draft pick, if they weren't confident in (their quarterback), they would have made a move with that high pick to make a play at one of the top 3 QBs but didn't.

That said, I think you're right. They might go 11 or 12+ wins behind him running a strong offense behind a great line, which would be like winning a Superbowl in Detroit. But if they'll want to win an actual Superbowl they'll probably discover they need more than Goff. That won't be for at least another year though if things go well for them. If thing implode on them this year for some reason and Goff is a reason why then that's the only way it could possibly happen earlier, IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True, but they had 3 years to see him and if you, as GM, feel the need to add a clause for film study shouldn't you should be questioning if you should be be offering him a franchise burdening contract at all? Especially when you could have kept him under contract for 4 more years under his existing contract and franchise tags.

I would imagine if the guy needs a clause to study instead of play Call of Duty, he is unlikely to respond well to a franchise tag. Generally you don't let QBs play out their full rookie contract unless they are Dan Jones ie struggled for much of that time. His cap hit this year is only 17m and he is good enough that they probably figure they can flip him for draft picks if they do decide to move on from him.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Here in Vegas. It's supposed to be crazy hot this weekend into early next weekend. Exhibit A why I'm glad they went the dome route for the football stadium because it is miserable once you start getting above 110. Next weekend, it very well may stay above 100 degrees at night, it's crazy.

KSNV the local Las Vegas NBC affiliate just floated the possibility that Sunday the 16th Could tie the hottest day ever here in Las Vegas at 118 degrees. 117 is predicted.

Should I fry some eggs out on the patio? Get an all over tan? Run a marathon?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Stepping into the Vortex......

The whole trade scenario only exists if Arizona drafts a QB and Kyler is on the block.

If that happens, it means the team that knows him best has determined he is not a franchise QB, yet your whole premise on the return he will bring is based on the "trade of a franchise QB".

What did they get for Josh Rosen?
About what he was worth, not much and were proven correct.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Murray will easily fetch a first and then some. My money is on the Atlanta Falcons or TB Bucs. Detroit might get involved once they finally figure out Goff is a limited QB
No is crazy enough to give up that much but this is the NFL and there will be one GM dumb enough to do this just before they get fired.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This reminds me of "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" Likewise, "If GMs always overpay for QBs then are they really overpaying?" Or are they paying what the market demands?

View attachment 29974
Sorta like how the NBA used to value centers over wings/guards, which led to Sam Bowie being drafted over Michael Jordan. Could also explain why teams fall in love with guys like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance over Jamarr Chase, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons and more.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorta like how the NBA used to value centers over wings/guards, which led to Sam Bowie being drafted over Michael Jordan. Could also explain why teams fall in love with guys like Zach Wilson and Trey Lance over Jamarr Chase, Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons and more.
C'mon man. Nobody would be stupid enough to draft Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. :-D

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah but that is worse because QB is clearly the most important position. Not sure the same can be argued regarding C vs other positions. Not enough of a difference IMO.