**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

This most recent episode of Draft Dudes had Bijan Robinson going #7 overall to the Raiders. There was no argument and agreement.

He is in the top 3 of most talented player in this draft and may be more of a sure thing than Anderson, an undersized 3-4 OLB, and Carter, who gets gassed. He is the TOP Offensive player in the draft, and it isn’t even close.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cool, another white exec born in the 50s who's whole argument was box scores. Thanks for sharing and also having me on fake ignore.

I fail to see what’s wrong with posting a negative opinion. Or is the news section now a “Justin Positive” zone only?

And thanks for posting his skin color. Obviously that’s important! ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I'm only posting this article for this one part.

DT Daron Payne​

5 OF 5

1. View attachment 25600
    Ken Murray/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images
    Daron Payne will be a hot target for teams seeking to bulk up the interior of their defensive line this offseason. The Washington Commanders received plenty of interest in him leading up to the Nov. 1 trade deadline, but the franchise ultimately opted not to trade its defensive tackle playing out the last year of his rookie deal.
    Retaining Payne could be an option for the Commanders, but it will be an expensive one and perhaps a poor decision.
    Payne has been a quality run-stopper since entering the league as the No. 13 overall pick in 2018. He's racked up nearly 300 tackles in that span, including 40 tackles for loss. There's little doubt that the 25-year-old will continue to contribute at a high level in that department, but his blossoming pass-rushing skills are what any team doling out a huge contract in free agency will be hoping to see more of.
    The 6'2", 320-pounder just finished a career year in terms of getting after the quarterback. He generated at least 25 pressures for the second straight season while recording a team-high 11.5 sacks, 6.5 more than his previous high mark set as a rookie.
    Those numbers are unquestionably strong—only two interior D-linemen had more sacks in 2022—but Payne has struggled to make his mark on the game at a reliable rate.
    It took 908 defensive snaps for him to reach those lofty figures. AL.com's Mark Inabinett noted that no other interior D-lineman logged a higher portion of his team's defensive snaps than Payne (87 percent) and only Christian Wilkins played more overall snaps at the position this year.
    And there were plenty of plays in which the Alabama product disappeared.
    That inconsistency is reflected in Payne's PFF grade, which was just 58.4 in 2022. The site lists that mark as below-average, and Payne has never earned a score higher than a 68.2 (considered "average") in any of his five seasons.
    Given that his next contract will likely be worth at least what Commanders teammate Jonathan Allen signed before the 2021 campaign—a four-year deal valued at $72 million—it could be quite expensive to lock up a defensive tackle who flashes greatness but never puts it all together.

I do wonder a little bit how much his success is him playing on a great line. His GM or coach or something was saying how all the talent there opens up lanes for everyone.

Anyways… still think he’s tagged.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I fail to see what’s wrong with posting a negative opinion. Or is the news section now a “Justin Positive” zone only?

And thanks for posting his skin color. Obviously that’s important! ?
White football guys that age think athletes like Justin should be RBs and WRs and all he had to say was "threw for____ yards".

This thread isn't a zone for anything. He posted an article and i replied.

We get it, you still want to trade for Zappey.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
White football guys that age think athletes like Justin should be RBs and WRs and all he had to say was "threw for____ yards".

This thread isn't a zone for anything. He posted an article and i replied.

We get it, you still want to trade for Zappey.

Weak.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think the thing with Cunningham is more of waiting to see him actually have some success in Chicago. Obviously, Cunningham was part of a very successful Eagles group in various positions (College scouting, player personnel, etc). But it's hard to quantify how much of that success is on him and not on the many other talented evaluators they have in Philly. Now assistant GM is another step up. The Bears almost literally did nothing to add to the talent of the team in 2022. This draft will be huge for Cunningham as the Bears obviously have the most resources in the league potentially with 120M in cap space and the #1 pick. If the Bears are successful building the talent on the roster this offseason and have a decent jump in wins and overall culture, then Cunningham will be a shoo-in for a GM position. Maybe even the #1 candidate.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
FWIW, I don't think the Bears do go after Payne. Based on what Poles has done and said (which honestly, isn't that much) I think the Bears go more for players who still have some upside and may not be in their primes yet. Granted, Payne is only 25, but he's more of a big splash and he kind of is what he is for the most part. He could develop consistency, but IDK if that's worth the gamble in Poles' eyes.

I think the Bears will be much more interested in players like Dre'Mont Jones, who are starting to figure out what they can do in this league and may have the ability to take it up another notch. I think the Bears will go after guys who weren't necessarily top picks who were thrown into starting roles early on. I think they'll go more for role players who have improved every year and are ready for a breakout season.