**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone disagrees with that. The only disagreement comes from where you draft a RB

Yeah. This is the rub. Seeing him as just a RB is foolish. If he was, he wouldn’t be the elite prospect he is. He is a better WR than any of the prospects ranked in the first right now. I still haven’t found a better receiver in this draft than Bijan. I’m still looking.
with that position being one of the easiest to find
Position, yes. What he does, no.
and do you want to pay that RB the kind of money he'll want in 4-5 years.

Of course. I don’t even understand why this is an argument. If he puts up 1,500-2k yards a year and averages 18 tds, you pay him. You pay for production.

People are getting their brains eaten by value based money ball ideology.
Now Bijan is on a different level than any other RB
You goddamn right he is. He is actually generational, with his his last incarnation being Marshal Faulk.
that you can get in the draft or free agency with Saquan being an injury risk but you don't have to have greatness at RB
He wouldn’t just be greatness at RB. I envision him getting about 40% of his snaps from the Z and wide.
to win in the NFL.

I'd be fine with taking him in the middle of the first
He wouldn’t be there. He is more talented than any other offensive player and can do everything JSN can do, but bigger and better. There are no OL worth taking there relative to DL. We don’t need a DB in the first. We can probably fill the WLB in FA, or may have him on the roster already with Weatherford. So, taking elite talent vs the second or third ranked DL and down is a no brainer.
but there's a lot of players that will be there in the middle of the first that i'd be fine with us taking with how many holes we have on this team.
The holes should be filled with the 190 (most recent OTC number) million in salary cap we have. We should not be relying on rookies to fill in gaps. We should use the draft to stockpile weapons, the most talented players available, like taking a S in the 2nd last year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Idk, maybe Denver is actually ret@rded, but again that's a newspaper and a player talking himself up. Can't imagine a team is that dumb

I’ve never said it was likely. Just pointing out its been discussed and the odds aren’t “zero”.

An extension before free agency is MUCH more likely IMO.

If he does hit FA he is gone.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good chance he goes to Detroit at #6
So you’re saying Deandre Swift ain’t all that or is the typical oft-injured but very talented UGA RB?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Brady kinda sucked this year... at least compareto expectations. He was still trying to make those tight placement throws he used to and just unable.
I was calling Brady out all year as being one of the main guys on that team who's the reason for them being so bad but all my Bucs fan friends didn't want to hear and still don't. It was so easy to see and i just didn't understand how their fans and even the media didn't see it. One of my buddies just told me the other day that he thinks Brady will go to another team and win another super bowl, i said maybe if he went to San Fran because Kyle Shanahan is a offensive mastermind.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was calling Brady out all year as being one of the main guys on that team who's the reason for them being so bad but all my Bucs fan friends didn't want to hear and still don't. It was so easy to see and i just didn't understand how their fans and even the media didn't see it. One of my buddies just told me the other day that he thinks Brady will go to another team and win another super bowl, i said maybe if he went to San Fran because Kyle Shanahan is a offensive mastermind.
May have just got out of routine in the offseason with the home troubles etc. but it's carly harder to come back at that age. He was still hitting guys with placements that made it hard for DBs last year and that was gone. It's not like he has a rifle any more. He certainly has the catchers etc to do better than he did.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Link?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, because fan logic and NFL GM logic are always compatible.

It’s also Washington, another organization that has made many poor decisions since their last heyday. I just read that they are making Sam Howell their QB for next season.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Everyone talks about all that money we have but with the amount of holes we have, our own players we need to re-sign and the draft class which will grow after we do one or even two trade downs, that money can go pretty quickly, especially if we sign any $20 mil aav guys like everyone thinks Payne will be. I know there's many ways to structure contracts to give us even more money to spend for this offseason if Poles wanted to but i can definitely see him to go another way other than Payne for 3T. I mean he'll definitely make the call to Payne's agent to see the price and maybe even throw a lowball offer out there or he isn't doing his job but won't be surprised if he goes another way for 3T and other positions other than the high $ guys.
Yeah, and I don't think you can be a "we build thru the draft" guy and then basically get obvious huge pieces from free agency. While they will sign some good FAs, I don't see them getting the guys who will be paid the tops at their positions. They are still going to look for values. They are still going to look for ascending players.

Going after Lucas Patrick and that RFA from Buffalo they tried to lure shows me this. Poles could have signed one of the top linemen, even with limited money last year. But you almost always overpay guys long-term who are already at the top of the league when they hit the market. You get best value out of guys that still have some room to improve. I would 100% pay Payne whatever he wants, but I can see Poles not doing that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
May have just got out of routine in the offseason with the home troubles etc. but it's carly harder to come back at that age. He was still hitting guys with placements that made it hard for DBs last year and that was gone. It's not like he has a rifle any more. He certainly has the catchers etc to do better than he did.

Think he expected the fam to just suck it up but when they didn't it threw him for a loop. Dude should have just stayed his ass at home and spend time with his kids like he said he would. He literally has nothing else to prove and is 43. Like WTF are you still playing for bro?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I don't think you can be a "we build thru the draft" guy and then basically get obvious huge pieces from free agency. While they will sign some good FAs, I don't see them getting the guys who will be paid the tops at their positions. They are still going to look for values. They are still going to look for ascending players.

Going after Lucas Patrick and that RFA from Buffalo they tried to lure shows me this. Poles could have signed one of the top linemen, even with limited money last year. But you almost always overpay guys long-term who are already at the top of the league when they hit the market. You get best value out of guys that still have some room to improve. I would 100% pay Payne whatever he wants, but I can see Poles not doing that.

Poles tried to sign Larry O last year to a decent sized contract with limited cap. He will almost certainly sign a couple of big name free agents as he pretty much has to in order to hit the minimum cash spend this year as they are way below it.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Poles tried to sign Larry O last year to a decent sized contract with limited cap. He will almost certainly sign a couple of big name free agents as he pretty much has to in order to hit the minimum cash spend this year as they are way below it.
I'm not saying he won't sign big name FAs. Just saying he won't sign the biggest names, who are certainly getting top of their position money. Ogunjobi isn't a huge name, and they tried to pay him a decent bit. But that 13Mil or whatever it was pales in comparison to the type of money Payne will get. I think that's where Poles will operate, the tier 2 and 3 FAs. The 26-27 year olds, that are good players, with potential to get better and play among the tops at their positions, while getting paid a couple notches less.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he won't sign big name FAs. Just saying he won't sign the biggest names, who are certainly getting top of their position money. Ogunjobi isn't a huge name, and they tried to pay him a decent bit. But that 13Mil or whatever it was pales in comparison to the type of money Payne will get. I think that's where Poles will operate, the tier 2 and 3 FAs. The 26-27 year olds, that are good players, with potential to get better and play among the tops at their positions, while getting paid a couple notches less.

So then whats he gonna do with the other 70 million? Wipe his ass with it?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Think some of you don't understand how hard it is to spend all the money the bears have in FA.

Go play madden if you want and try. You can sign every single FA you want and still have cash left over to extend Jack Sandborne