**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pass on Floyd. Playing with Aaron Donald can make anyone look good. Bears don’t have a Donald in the interior.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Suppose that Poles cant find a partner to trade down in the first round another time, and he values an OL that is deemed a reach over a DL that would make the defense work far better. Where are you guys on the "reach" at tackle to ensure Fields stays healthy?

I ask because I am of the opinion that Broderick Jones would be the best pick in the first round as it stands. I know he started at LT at Georgia so either he could push Braxton Jones to the right or move to the right side himself. All the same, I am coming around on the idea that he is the best prospect at tackle in the draft for Chicago given that Poles aims for the more athletic linemen.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I tried something a little different with this draft and came away struggling to find T late, but this D would be ?
---
Chargers traded up for JSN
Big fan of 4 of your first 5 picks Dejo. And shockingly, the OSU player isnt the one I dislike. What do you see in the LSU rusher that makes you want to draft him?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing alot of depending on Jenkins. IMO he is a liability with that back injury. I couldn't see counting on him til he shows he cam play a full season.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pass on Floyd. Playing with Aaron Donald can make anyone look good. Bears don’t have a Donald in the interior.
The Bears certainly do not have Aaron Donald on the interior, but Floyd is considerably better than what the Bears can currently trot out there. Again, he’s not the answer. It would not be a big commitment. It’s to fill a hole and improve the overall roster.

Plus, as great as Donald is, he’s not the sole reason Floyd has had 20.5 sacks over the last two years. He has talent. That’s just a simple justification to try to dismiss Floyd.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Suppose that Poles cant find a partner to trade down in the first round another time, and he values an OL that is deemed a reach over a DL that would make the defense work far better. Where are you guys on the "reach" at tackle to ensure Fields stays healthy?

I ask because I am of the opinion that Broderick Jones would be the best pick in the first round as it stands. I know he started at LT at Georgia so either he could push Braxton Jones to the right or move to the right side himself. All the same, I am coming around on the idea that he is the best prospect at tackle in the draft for Chicago given that Poles aims for the more athletic linemen.
I think 9-15 may go heavy on OL, a few have mentioned that as the sweet spot

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Big fan of 4 of your first 5 picks Dejo. And shockingly, the OSU player isnt the one I dislike. What do you see in the LSU rusher that makes you want to draft him?
Still raw, but twitchy. Saw a breakdown recently and was sold on the upside play.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:

Broderick Jones looks very good on tape. His RAS is high too.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Floyd is a better rusher standing up from the backer position and has primarily been cleaning up broken plays etc rather than forcing the issue. This D wants a hand on the ground sudden of the snap end. Floyd can do it but he won't be as effective there. He had a lot of sacks last year but if you watch them, it's on plays where he cleaned up or wasn't accounted for. There's a couple exceptions like when he beat McGlinchey (who showed why he wasn't worth his signing) but even that was from off the line where he was already at speed.

I mean, it's like some here don't remember his play here. He's a VG player but he's not a get you with that 1st step off the snap guy and he's not bulling an NFL T. He's a momentum rusher.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Still raw, but twitchy. Saw a breakdown recently and was sold on the upside play.
When I see him play, I feel like I am watching a future rotational rush linebacker for a 3-4 defense. If he can develop, sure, he could be really good because the athletic traits are there. Dont you think he is a bit small to be a 4-3 end?

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
The lack of interest in signing a Center tells me they will likely draft one in round 2. It looks like a pretty deep draft at that position this year.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
When I see him play, I feel like I am watching a future rotational rush linebacker for a 3-4 defense. If he can develop, sure, he could be really good because the athletic traits are there. Dont you think he is a bit small to be a 4-3 end?
This is where I am on BJ Ojulari. I’m thinking that, more and more, they may go to a more control the LOS kind of D that allows the LB to attack. So, they’ll need bigger bodies at DE, especially LDE. It’s also why I wasn’t so high on Anderson.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Yeah, a little undersized, i just wanted sone speed off the edge, have a few different types of athletes off the edge, but ? see the 3-4 rush linebacker.

Tried something a little different!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Broderick Jones looks very good on tape. His RAS is high too.

I like him but he projects more to LT then RT. Usually the LT is more athletic to deal with the more athletic pass rushers that are on the QB's blindside. RT is usually less athletic but more brute strength that can help in run blocking because usually the DT and DE's on the strongside are bigger and more physical to be stout against the run and more often than not the TE lines up next to the RT on what is considered the "strong side". Right tackles are usually maulers who excel in run blocking because the best pass rusher on the other team lines up on the weakside, the QBs blindside.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So what’s left worth looking at:

CB - Rock Ya-Sin - He’s 26, played for Flus, and has decent size for a CB… Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a lot of production on the ball which this staff covets. The Bears need depth and his price might be reasonable now. He is tough and competitive.

G/C - Issac Seumalo - He has 60 NFL starts which includes 20 last season on the best line in football. He can play center too so he’d be a nice addition to this line considering he can line up at 3 spots. He’s 29, so he should have plenty of good football left. How much better is the line if the first three up at guard are Jenkins, Davis and Seumalo? Obviously, Cunningham knows everything about him, but I’m surprised he hasn’t been signed by someone at this point.

Edge - Leonard Floyd - He’s long, athletic, can set the edge, and had 9 sacks last year. Give him a reasonable two year deal. He would not be added as the answer but as an upgrade to what they currently have and depth. He had 9.5 sacks in 2021 and two more in the playoffs. He’s by far better than anyone on the current roster on the edge.
I want CJ Gardner Johnson but i'm sure his price range is way out of what Poles wants to pay right now. He's only 25 and that dude brings it on defense.

Bryce Callahan
A'Shawn Robinson

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I want CJ Gardner Johnson but i'm sure his price range is way out of what Poles wants to pay right now. He's only 25 and that dude brings it on defense.

Bryce Callahan
A'Shawn Robinson
I think they want Gordon at nickel so they'd probably only be interested in an outside corner.