**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The lack of interest in signing a Center tells me they will likely draft one in round 2. It looks like a pretty deep draft at that position this year.
I’m not sure they draft a C. I’m thinking they draft based on the physical tributes they’re looking for and move a guy to C. In general; with a few exceptions, the C is the least talented and physically gifted player on the OL. Maybe Tippman or Wypler, but both could probably be had with either our late scone or 3rd rounders. Of all the C in the draft, Wypler might be our target.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Floyd is a better rusher standing up from the backer position and has primarily been cleaning up broken plays etc rather than forcing the issue. This D wants a hand on the ground sudden of the snap end. Floyd can do it but he won't be as effective there. He had a lot of sacks last year but if you watch them, it's on plays where he cleaned up or wasn't accounted for. There's a couple exceptions like when he beat McGlinchey (who showed why he wasn't worth his signing) but even that was from off the line where he was already at speed.

I mean, it's like some here don't remember his play here. He's a VG player but he's not a get you with that 1st step off the snap guy and he's not bulling an NFL T. He's a momentum rusher.
The question you have to ask is this: Is he better than any DE we have on the roster now?

Even if we don't go with Floyd, the Bears need to look to find a free agent who can generate SOME pash rush more than what we have. Even if we draft one in the 1st 2 rounds (we better)... we still need to find a contributor for depth. And I am not saying there is some high end talent that Poles needs to find that is magically available that no other team wants. But I would find it hard to believe that there is not someone in free agency that is not better than the pathetic guys we had last year that got no pressure on the QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think they want Gordon at nickel so they'd probably only be interested in an outside corner.
Yeah that's the big question that we don't know right now is where they like Gordon at the best. It's hard to say where he was best at last year with no pass rush to help the secondary but i know he didn't look that good when he did play NB last year. Maybe they could sign Marcus Peters or Rock Ya Sin to play outside. Peters is 30 and Sin 27.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So what’s left worth looking at:

CB - Rock Ya-Sin - He’s 26, played for Flus, and has decent size for a CB… Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a lot of production on the ball which this staff covets. The Bears need depth and his price might be reasonable now. He is tough and competitive.

G/C - Issac Seumalo - He has 60 NFL starts which includes 20 last season on the best line in football. He can play center too so he’d be a nice addition to this line considering he can line up at 3 spots. He’s 29, so he should have plenty of good football left. How much better is the line if the first three up at guard are Jenkins, Davis and Seumalo? Obviously, Cunningham knows everything about him, but I’m surprised he hasn’t been signed by someone at this point.

Edge - Leonard Floyd - He’s long, athletic, can set the edge, and had 9 sacks last year. Give him a reasonable two year deal. He would not be added as the answer but as an upgrade to what they currently have and depth. He had 9.5 sacks in 2021 and two more in the playoffs. He’s by far better than anyone on the current roster on the edge.
Even if the Bears did want Floyd, do you think he would want to come back and play for this organization? I thought they didn’t part ways on the best terms.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like him but he projects more to LT then RT. Usually the LT is more athletic to deal with the more athletic pass rushers that are on the QB's blindside. RT is usually less athletic but more brute strength that can help in run blocking because usually the DT and DE's on the strongside are bigger and more physical to be stout against the run and more often than not the TE lines up next to the RT on what is considered the "strong side". Right tackles are usually maulers who excel in run blocking because the best pass rusher on the other team lines up on the weakside, the QBs blindside.

That isnt necessarily true of an outside zone scheme though. Jones was our best run blocker and we ran more to the left than we did to the right.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if the Bears did want Floyd, do you think he would want to come back and play for this organization? I thought they didn’t part ways on the best terms.
That was the Pace regime though. Pace picked up the 5th yr option and rescinded it to sign Quinn.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That was Pace. Poles and Cunningham probably present a completely different vibe. Plus, now Kevin Warren is the new President instead of Ted Phillips. I’m know that’s a breath of fresh air!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That was the Pace regime though. Pace picked up the 5th yr option and rescinded it to sign Quinn.
Different regime but same organization. Not to say Floyd wouldn’t sign with the Bears again, but we all know how bad vibes work.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That was Pace. Poles and Cunningham probably present a completely different vibe. Plus, now Kevin Warren is the new President instead of Ted Phillips. I’m know that’s a breath of fresh air!
This group is so much better than what Floyd had to deal with, but who knows if that would be enough. I highly doubt the Bears are interested in him though.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, a little undersized, i just wanted sone speed off the edge, have a few different types of athletes off the edge, but ? see the 3-4 rush linebacker.

Tried something a little different!
Different isn't bad! And heck, who's to say that he can't turn into a joker of a matchup in rotation? I don't mind spending an earlier pick on a role player if it ends up working out and contributing to wins.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Walker likely plays LDE in base D. I would rather we sign Yannick to play DE in nickel when Walker kicks inside and then draft a DE and DT to groom.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is pretty interesting:

1679153879689.png

Here's the podcast (jumped to where the above is being discussed):

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That isnt necessarily true of an outside zone scheme though. Jones was our best run blocker and we ran more to the left than we did to the right.
I'd also add that there's no reason to assume he can't play RT as a pro just because he was an LT in college. Georgia ran well enough behind him, and having a good pass blocker on the right side is a boon in today's NFL.

Broderick Jones is of the athletic type to succeed in this offense as a tackle. If he's the pick in the first round, I'd have a lot of confidence that he'd be successful in this offense.

Added bonus, our bookend tackles would be Bra. Jones and Bro. Jones!!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure they draft a C. I’m thinking they draft based on the physical tributes they’re looking for and move a guy to C. In general; with a few exceptions, the C is the least talented and physically gifted player on the OL. Maybe Tippman or Wypler, but both could probably be had with either our late scone or 3rd rounders. Of all the C in the draft, Wypler might be our target.

Tom Brady played for so long and at a high level because of his centers. I wonder with Bucs being in rebuilding mode if Jensen may be a late cut/trade candidate. His cap hit is only 6 million this year but next year it jumps to 18 million.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Tom Brady played for so long and at a high level because of his centers. I wonder with Bucs being in rebuilding mode if Jensen may be a late cut/trade candidate. His cap hit is only 6 million this year but next year it jumps to 18 million.
He will be 32 coming off a severe knee injury. No thanks.