**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I like him but he projects more to LT then RT. Usually the LT is more athletic to deal with the more athletic pass rushers that are on the QB's blindside. RT is usually less athletic but more brute strength that can help in run blocking because usually the DT and DE's on the strongside are bigger and more physical to be stout against the run and more often than not the TE lines up next to the RT on what is considered the "strong side". Right tackles are usually maulers who excel in run blocking because the best pass rusher on the other team lines up on the weakside, the QBs blindside.
I think that might have been more true 5 - 10 years ago than it is today. Defenses move their pass rushers to either side to take advantage of matchups. Many of the top RT in the league have the athletic ability of an LT. Tristen Wirfs, Ryan Ramczyk and Lane Johnson, are good examples

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really don't get the hesitation around Jenkins.

1. It could be nothing but media conjecture.
2. Could be they don’t trust his long term health.
3. Could be scheme fit.
4. Could be coach/player personality conflict.

Truth is we have no idea what the issue is or even IF there is an issue. It’s just a little suspicious IMO when they sign a vet who plays his position.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
1. It could be nothing but media conjecture.
2. Could be they don’t trust his long term health.
3. Could be scheme fit.
4. Could be coach/player personality conflict.

Truth is we have no idea what the issue is or even IF there is an issue. It’s just a little suspicious IMO when they sign a vet who plays his position.
I don't see how they can really afford to replace a guy of Jenkins' talent level at this point. He's really good when healthy and on a rookie deal. He's got a place, whether it's at guard or possibly moving back to RT.

We're likely not going to know til training camp really.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't see how they can really afford to replace a guy of Jenkins' talent level at this point. He's really good when healthy and on a rookie deal. He's got a place, whether it's at guard or possibly moving back to RT.

We're likely not going to know til training camp really.

Correct.

It may be as simple as they’re moving him to RT. We will just have to wait and see.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I view Jenkins as a huge part of the OL until proven otherwise. The Bears are staying flexible and will play the best 5. Jenkins can stay at RG, move to LG or even transition to RT depending what other moves the Bears make. A lot of moving parts, but don’t see any way he doesn’t start somewhere

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I view Jenkins as a huge part of the OL until proven otherwise. The Bears are staying flexible and will play the best 5. Jenkins can stay at RG, move to LG or even transition to RT depending what other moves the Bears make. A lot of moving parts, but don’t see any way he doesn’t start somewhere

I’d be surprised if he’s at RG though. That’s just a follow the money thing. You don’t spend 30 mil on a career RG just to move him.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm suspect to the whole 'Jenkins to T' move just because they never even looked at him there last year....while our RT situation was putrid.

Say you what you will about the lack of depth inside, but I just don't buy this regime viewing Jenkins as a T.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm suspect to the whole 'Jenkins to T' move just because they never even looked at him there last year....while our RT situation was putrid.

Say you what you will about the lack of depth inside, but I just don't buy this regime viewing Jenkins as a T.

I think Poles said in an interview that he had him as a tackle coming out of the draft. Obviously that may have changed.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I think we need to do a little more to improve pass protection on this OL or we will go through another season of 15 pass attempts per game and Fields running for his life. What that really means, is we wont be able to evaluate Fields as a passer or any of our Receivers and TEs, for yet another year. As it is, Poles is now forced to take an OT at #9 and a C in early rounds, and assume both pan out as starting quality players from day 1. Shifting T Jenkins from RG to RT would be a very Bears thing to do, since he seems to perform very well at RG.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Poles said in an interview that he had him as a tackle coming out of the draft. Obviously that may have changed.
A lot of smokescreens going IMO. Same with this 'Whitehair to C' talk. Again...they never looked at him there last year...and well....

I think teams know the Bears will grab a C in the draft at 64 or earlier. Poles is doing a nice job trying to hide that, though...especially without signing a C in FA.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Even if the Bears did want Floyd, do you think he would want to come back and play for this organization? I thought they didn’t part ways on the best terms.
He parted ways with Pace and Nagy. Completely different situation that he'd be walking into now.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady played for so long and at a high level because of his centers. I wonder with Bucs being in rebuilding mode if Jensen may be a late cut/trade candidate. His cap hit is only 6 million this year but next year it jumps to 18 million.
I’m not sure about him. 31 and coming off an injury. I get it. I do, but I’m not sure if he fits the Poles blueprint. He’d be a solid get, though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A lot of smokescreens going IMO. Same with this 'Whitehair to C' talk. Again...they never looked at him there last year...and well....

I think teams know the Bears will grab a C in the draft at 64 or earlier. Poles is doing a nice job trying to hide that, though...especially without signing a C in FA.

Yep. I’ve mentioned this as a definite possibility too. Makes sense to me at least.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone else want Frank Clark if the money is right? This team needs a little bit of vet leadership IMO and he’a got that salty attitude I like on defense.

EDIT: NVM. Forgot about his domestic violence arrest in college. Bears usually stay away from that stuff.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Anyone else want Frank Clark if the money is right? This team needs a little bit of vet leadership IMO and he’a got that salty attitude I like on defense.

EDIT: NVM. Forgot about his domestic violence arrest in college. Bears usually stay away from that stuff.
Wasn't he arrested like twice last offseason for driving with uzis or something?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The question you have to ask is this: Is he better than any DE we have on the roster now?

Even if we don't go with Floyd, the Bears need to look to find a free agent who can generate SOME pash rush more than what we have. Even if we draft one in the 1st 2 rounds (we better)... we still need to find a contributor for depth. And I am not saying there is some high end talent that Poles needs to find that is magically available that no other team wants. But I would find it hard to believe that there is not someone in free agency that is not better than the pathetic guys we had last year that got no pressure on the QB.
Maybe because he's not a lineman. He's a 3-4 backer. He hasn't played anything except LB his entire college and pro career.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wasn't he arrested like twice last offseason for driving with uzis or something?
Yeah. Something. Don’t remember the details.

Anyways, scratch this one off the list. My sheep brane didn’t think this one through.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure about him. 31 and coming off an injury. I get it. I do, but I’m not sure if he fits the Poles blueprint. He’d be a solid get, though.

He brings the nasty and sets the tone. If he was cut, he’d be a significant addition. Injury doesn’t matter to me, he was back on the field at the end of last season. His corpse would be an improvement over Mustipher.