**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
GB wants a 2023 1st
Jets do not want to give up a 2023 1st

Gb needs to get this deal done before the draft, if they don't, they are better off waiting until after June 1, and can wait as long as September.
So, how important is it to the Jets for them to get Aaron Rodgers in thier building prior to the start of training camp, or as late as the Season opener?
Jets would be better off calling Les Snead and inquiring about Matt Stafford. Stafford can at least win in January. Rodgers can’t do that anymore

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol at you thinking Bijan would play slot ahead of Mooney. You a funny dude.

I will put money on the fact Bijan does not average 5.7 YPC this year.
Will you put money on Herbert doing it?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it safe to say you and I will never see eye to eye on this, and that's fine. You support your guy as you always have and I will support mine. So it's all good. If the Bears do draft Bijan I will, of course, support him too, and hope he turns into the player you envision him being. Further, if he turns out to be that player, I will happily eat all the crow you could ever want.
Peace
I use one of my 53-64 on this guy if he's still around. I go DL at 9 or a trade down for same in 1 unless maybe Gonzales falls. Wilson may be there and Nolan Smith will go sooner than folks think as well. I could see edge 1st and picking up a guy like Elijah Chatman as a 3 tech later. maybe a trade down for Kancey. My concern is mostly about getting that penetrating 3 tech even if they can't pass on a DE at 9. I know the OL is still in flux but I see 3 tech as out greatest overall need.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears pick would also be in the 5-13 range as well. The potential of two top 10 picks is nice, but the potential of another bad season, is not.
I just want the arrow pointing up at the end of the season next year. The tanking was the easy part. Getsy, Flus and Fields have plenty to prove. I think Williams is a bum as a DC.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Some more genius journalism from gregie boi.

This just in guys, there is a chance the bears might trade #9. There is also a chance they could pick at #9!
Jordan, is that you?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think the issue is Poles likely has a price in mind regarding Oliver and won't go above that so Bears fans can be all warm and fuzzy inside.

Oliver is decent but more of 7-10m talent than a 15m talent
Poles can afford an overpay. Oliver would easily be the best defensive lineman on the roster. What Poles shouldn’t overpay to get Oliver are draft picks.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That far west who even cares. Might as well say Arlington Heights is not Des Moines, doesn't change a thing.
That far west??
That far west who even cares. Might as well say Arlington Heights is not Des Moines, doesn't change a thing.
That far west? Have you ever commuted by car or just those a scooters for obese people? I live in Schaumburg which is near Arlington Heights and I can get to downtown, ORD, Naperville, St Charles, Cicero in under an hour.

The Schaumburg corridor which includes Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Hoffman Estate, Palentine, Elk Grove are where you want to be located. Nobody wants to be in downtown.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Claypool criticism is insane. People basing it on his time with the Bears last year are overly critical. I think he's going to do far better than most peolpe here think. Is he Justin Jefferson? No. But he's not this "giant mistake" the armchair GMs want to pretend he is.
at pick #32 he absolutely is a giant mistake. Poles panicked but fans are glad that they outbid GB, because i guess beating them at something is all that matters these days.

People kept talking about how there was no one worth picking up in FA because the market would be crazy overpriced and that no one would be available via trade and this WR draft class sucks.

Fast forward 6 months and...
-The WR market cooled way down.
-They literally traded for a WR better than Claypool.
-Everyone now seems to like JSN as a first round prospect.

This fanbase is full of shit all the time. You see it over and over again and we're going to see more of it come draft time.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Poles can afford an overpay. Oliver would easily be the best defensive lineman on the roster. What Poles shouldn’t overpay to get Oliver are draft picks.
I’m looking at his stats and I’m thinking pass. What am I missing that you think he’s worth bringing in on an over pay?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m looking at his stats and I’m thinking pass. What am I missing that you think he’s worth bringing in on an over pay?
Who else is he going to the spend the money on? It’s nothing but scrap heap players. Oliver is currently better than these players, and I really don’t give a fuck about any PFF ratings:

Gipson
Billings
Walker
Jones
Robinson
And whatever other bums he signs.

OMG Poles pays $12 million per year for Ed Oliver! The sky is falling!!!!

If he can bag Oliver with a 5th rounder, than do it and hope he works out. Oliver really doesn’t have much leverage here.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who else is he going to the spend the money on? It’s nothing but scrap heap players. Oliver is currently better than these players, and I really don’t give a fuck about any PFF ratings:

Gipson
Billings
Walker
Jones
Robinson
And whatever other bums he signs.

OMG Poles pays $12 million per year for Ed Oliver! The sky is falling!!!!

If he can bag Oliver with a 5th rounder, than do it and hope he works out. Oliver really doesn’t have much leverage here.
Idc about a 5th round pick. But if he gets an extension just cause the team is desperate he’s pretty meh and down the road might need that money for a good player.

Have a defense minded hc they should be able to draft someone and have him develop a player. Shouldn’t be that hard for him if he’s this well thought of defense guru

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Shouldn't every player dominate his pro day? When you're competing against nobody, shouldn't you win?

There are plenty of ways players can fall short at their pro day. Ask Jalen Carter.

No one is guaranteed to look good in position drills, run fast, be explosive or interview well.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
at pick #32 he absolutely is a giant mistake. Poles panicked but fans are glad that they outbid GB, because i guess beating them at something is all that matters these days.

People kept talking about how there was no one worth picking up in FA because the market would be crazy overpriced and that no one would be available via trade and this WR draft class sucks.

Fast forward 6 months and...
-The WR market cooled way down.
-They literally traded for a WR better than Claypool.
-Everyone now seems to like JSN as a first round prospect.

This fanbase is full of shit all the time. You see it over and over again and we're going to see more of it come draft time.
I'll give this off season a b-. Trades c and off-season signings a b. Averages out to a b-.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s a nice little condo for a “downstate shithole.” I thought people were running around Arlington Heights in bare feet.

Last edited: