**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jets would be better off calling Les Snead and inquiring about Matt Stafford. Stafford can at least win in January. Rodgers can’t do that anymore
I think that option sailed when the Rams picked up Stafford's option

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poles can afford an overpay. Oliver would easily be the best defensive lineman on the roster. What Poles shouldn’t overpay to get Oliver are draft picks.

Debatable. I think he is overrated owing to his draft position. There is a reason the Bills are looking to move on from him and both Walker and Billings graded out higher. Could maybe see overpaying on say a 3 year deal or so for 12m a year but would not go beyond that.

Who else is he going to the spend the money on? It’s nothing but scrap heap players. Oliver is currently better than these players, and I really don’t give a fuck about any PFF ratings:

Gipson
Billings
Walker
Jones
Robinson
And whatever other bums he signs.

OMG Poles pays $12 million per year for Ed Oliver! The sky is falling!!!!

If he can bag Oliver with a 5th rounder, than do it and hope he works out. Oliver really doesn’t have much leverage here.

Ok you dont like PFF. Walker had more sacks on just 274 pass rush snaps. Oliver had 427 pass rush snaps.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That far west??

That far west? Have you ever commuted by car or just those a scooters for obese people? I live in Schaumburg which is near Arlington Heights and I can get to downtown, ORD, Naperville, St Charles, Cicero in under an hour.

The Schaumburg corridor which includes Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Hoffman Estate, Palentine, Elk Grove are where you want to be located. Nobody wants to be in downtown.

Algonquin > Schaumburg. Don’t @ me lol

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I just want the arrow pointing up at the end of the season next year. The tanking was the easy part. Getsy, Flus and Fields have plenty to prove. I think Williams is a bum as a DC.
There's a wide range of possibilities for the Bears this coming season. Obviously, without seeing what the draft and the rest of the offseason brings, but this season will go as Justin Fields goes. I don't think people realize how rare it is for a team to finish with the worst record in the league while having a QB do the things Fields did last year. If you had told me the Bears would win 3 games in 2022, I would have thought Fields was a bust. But the team around him was just so damn bad. LOL.

This year, if Fields regresses because the OL is still bad and he doesn't change some of his bad habits, the Bears can certainly be a bottom 5 team. But if he takes a step like Hurts or Lawrence or Burrow did with a big time weapon added, we've seen them go as high as the Superbowl the last 2 years. Obviously, the Eagles had much better all around talent than the Bears will this year, but the Bengals weren't really elite anywhere but QB and offensive weapons. Defense was opportunistic. OL was still bad.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Debatable. I think he is overrated owing to his draft position. There is a reason the Bills are looking to move on from him and both Walker and Billings graded out higher. Could maybe see overpaying on say a 3 year deal or so for 12m a year but would not go beyond that.

Ok you dont like PFF. Walker had more sacks on just 274 pass rush snaps. Oliver had 427 pass rush snaps.
Cool story.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Izien is a guy I like. He's the type of guys teams should target late in the draft. He's going to be a special teamer with great speed, but has some upside to play some big nickel as a 3rd safety covering the slot. Basically, would take over DHC's role from last year, eventually. Not sure you really want him to have to see the field as a rookie, though.

The only other guy I heard of there is Witt, who I think the Bears have shown interest in. 6'7" TE turned OT, kept his TE athleticism. Freak!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that is it at all, I think that is already common knowledge. Greenbay takes on more of a cap hit if they execute the trade prior to June 1. They feel for that reason, it is worth a 1st round pick to make that trade now.

His current cap his is 32m. It jumps to 40m if he is cut before June 1. If he is traded after June 1 then his cap hit this year would be 16m with 24m pushed to 2024.

Currently they have 23m in cap space. So trading now reduces that to 15m. Waiting until June 1 increases that to 40m and increases next years cap hit by 24m.

However FA is largely over and there are no big FA really left to sign. So there is limited value in having 40m come June 1st as most of that will be rolled over anyways.

So very little reason for Jets to buy that logic.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His current cap his is 32m. It jumps to 40m if he is cut before June 1. If he is traded after June 1 then his cap hit this year would be 16m with 24m pushed to 2024.

Currently they have 23m in cap space. So trading now reduces that to 15m. Waiting until June 1 increases that to 40m and increases next years cap by 24m.

However FA is largely over and there are no big FA really left to sign. So there is limited value in having 40m come June 1st as most of that will be rolled over anyways.

So very little reason for Jets to buy that logic.

Currently they have 23m in cap space. So trading now reduces that to 15m. Waiting until June 1 increases that to 40m and increases next years cap by 24m.

The above is not accurate. Waiting until after June 1 to trade him reduces their cap hit.

There is no such designation as a post June 1 trade. Any trade that happens prior to June 1 has immediate implications on their 2023 cap.
The Reason the Packers have that amount of cap space currently is they have not yet exercised Aaron Rodgers option, once they do, all their cap disappears.

Green Bay has $40,313,570 of dead money if they trade him now. Under this scenario, all of the dead money would be a 2023 cap charge because the trade would be occurring before June 2. Only by delaying a trade until June 2 at the earliest would the Packers get to split the dead money over 2023 and 2024 like with retirement.

The acquiring team would be assuming the remainder of Rodgers' contract, including the right to exercise the option. Technically, Rodgers would be under through 2026 but realistically for two years worth $108.815 million unless the two below-market salaries in 2025 and 2026 were adjusted.

The new team would have a $15.79 million 2023 cap hit for Rodgers consisting of the $14.575 million of option proration bonus, his $1.165 million base salary and $50,000 workout bonus. Rodgers' 2024, 2025 and 2026 cap numbers would be $32,541,666, $51,141,166 and $45,291,668.

The option surely would be exercised because Rodgers' 2023 cap charge becomes a $59.515 million cap hit if it isn't. Such an exorbitant cap number for Rodgers isn't practical or even possible for most NFL teams.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure, it's an increase over last year, but last year our passing game was atrocious. If Fields is taking a step forward, then he should absolutely be throwing 30 hitting 20.

When you look at the eagles and Seahawks, the way they spread the ball around is very achievable, and I think the only way VJJ gets 30 catches is if the injury bug hits the team hard. I also have doubts that ESB sees the field a lot when the team is fully healthy.
We were 60-40 run vs pass. Think we get to maybe 50-50 or 45-55 but dont think it will flip say 40-60 the other way as Getsy likes to run.

Having said that even if we assume the 340 there is still not enough balls to go around. You said there were about 90 receptions after top 4. Ok so RBs caught about 50 balls last year on 192 completions so stands to reason they probably get 50-60 so just 30-40 balls left. Tonyan had 53 receptions last year. And I am saying combined that VJJ and ESB probably get around 30 receptions (not VJJ getting 30 by himself) as no team is staying completely healthy. This doesnt even get into the fact your totals on the top 4 may in fact be a bit low for a 17 game season.

So all I am saying is we have talent on O right now. Adding a Bijan is more of a luxury unless we moving one of these guys. Fields will not be short on weapons. What he needs to be able to do is actually execute noe that he has those weapons in place.

What probably makes more sense is getting another WR that you can probably develop for a yearto guard against one of Mooney or Claypool leaving after this year. A guy like a Jayden Reed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't call him RB4 because the QB runs. And while I like Mooney, I find it odd how so many Bears fans discuss him like he's Jerry Rice.

I called him WR4 not RB4. Mooney isnt Jerry Rice but neither is Bijan. The simple point is he is a better WR than Bijan so no Bijan is not WR3 ahead of him.

And I noted we already hace 3 capable runners. The point wasnt that he is RB4. The point is he ultimately has to compete with 3 other capable runners for carries.

Will you put money on Herbert doing it?

Before I do so on Bijan yes because he already proved he could do it and he is likely to still split carries with Foreman so wont be at risk of being overworked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The above is not accurate. Waiting until after June 1 to trade him reduces their cap hit.

There is no such designation as a post June 1 trade. Any trade that happens prior to June 1 has immediate implications on their 2023 cap.
The Reason the Packers have that amount of cap space currently is they have not yet exercised Aaron Rodgers option, once they do, all their cap disappears.

Green Bay has $40,313,570 of dead money if they trade him now. Under this scenario, all of the dead money would be a 2023 cap charge because the trade would be occurring before June 2. Only by delaying a trade until June 2 at the earliest would the Packers get to split the dead money over 2023 and 2024 like with retirement.

The acquiring team would be assuming the remainder of Rodgers' contract, including the right to exercise the option. Technically, Rodgers would be under through 2026 but realistically for two years worth $108.815 million unless the two below-market salaries in 2025 and 2026 were adjusted.

The new team would have a $15.79 million 2023 cap hit for Rodgers consisting of the $14.575 million of option proration bonus, his $1.165 million base salary and $50,000 workout bonus. Rodgers' 2024, 2025 and 2026 cap numbers would be $32,541,666, $51,141,166 and $45,291,668.

The option surely would be exercised because Rodgers' 2023 cap charge becomes a $59.515 million cap hit if it isn't. Such an exorbitant cap number for Rodgers isn't practical or even possible for most NFL teams.

I said if you trade him now then his 32m cap hit changes to 40m so increases the salary cap by 8 million ie it reduces your cap from 23m to 15m.

If you trade him post June 1 then his 32m cap hit reduces to 15m and the cap goes up to 40m (23m current cap + 17m cap savings) but then 24m of cap hit gets kicked into next year. So think you are confusing 40m cap hit if traded before June 1 with 40m in cap space if traded after June 1. I also should have said the cap hit increases to 24m next year not the cap so that part was just a typo.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That is surprising as figured they would want the big money guy at Will given that is where plays are funneled to in this D. Urlacher always complained that playing Mike in a Cover 2 meant less big plays since his job was mainly preventing teams fro. exploiting the deep middle and taking on more blocks as a Mike.

On other hand it makes sense because Edmunds has more length than Edwards so if Flus is envisioning Edmunds as more of an Urlacher who can drop to deep middle then having that extra length makes it harder for a QB to get the ball over him relative to Edwards.