**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Next thing you’ll tell us is that Texas BBQ is damn good. Thats such a fucking lie. The McRib tasted exactly the same in Austin as it does in Atlanta. I was so disappointed.

That’s because you’re getting liberal McRibs in Austin. Duh

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
That doesn't sound right. Wright is a mauler. He might be the best run blocker of the bunch, but most sophisticated pass protector? IDK about that.
Sophisticated is probably a poor word choice from Schmitz - i watch a lot of his content and he believes Wright will be the best Pass blocker in season 1 but has a lower ceiling (for purely pass blocking) than PJJ or BJones - Im guessing Schmitzie was trying to communicate that Wright has the highest floor but worded it poorly.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think his point is that some of the best prospects at C can be had on Day 3.
It seemed to me that the point was that other position groups are more important to prioritize on Day 2, my counterpoint is that just because C is a valid option at 103 is not an argument against taking the best C in the second round (or third), when Fields was running for his life last year.

Waiting and letting one that is good enough to fall to the right spot allows any other team disrupt this team's ability to keep Fields clean, and I that is not a risk I have much tolerance for as a fan. Taking the best center in the second round places a priority on protecting Fields, which is far and away more important than any other deficiency that this team has. The only excuse to not do this, in my view, is that there are no centers with a second round grade available, which is not what those tweets were suggesting.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Schofield is a back up. Forget my opinion, poles signed a guard and Jenkins is going to play LG. He played fine for a back up quality guy, but if he played so well then why is he not a starter?

Because he will be 33 this season and thus is not a long term solution. The Bears are clearly trying to get younger and better.

Also, his overall grade was 66.9 so wouldnt say he played well he was adequate. He just had a good pass block grade but a mediocre run block grade.

I know you are fixated on the pass blocking but it is clear the Bears value OL that can move and get to the 2nd level in the run game. Nate Davis is way more agile and you see him get to the 2nd level quite a bit on tape. Schoefield doesnt have that kind of mobility.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It seemed to me that the point was that other position groups are more important to prioritize on Day 2, my counterpoint is that just because C is a valid option at 103 is not an argument against taking the best C in the second round (or third), when Fields was running for his life last year.

Waiting and letting one that is good enough to fall to the right spot allows any other team disrupt this team's ability to keep Fields clean, and I that is not a risk I have much tolerance for as a fan. Taking the best center in the second round places a priority on protecting Fields, which is far and away more important than any other deficiency that this team has. The only excuse to not do this, in my view, is that there are no centers with a second round grade available, which is not what those tweets were suggesting.

Ultimately Center is a position I think is *important*, but is largely mental — you can draft one R3-5 and find similar success.

Now you can certainly disagree with the above but his point is since you can find similar success later in the draft at C, you can prioritize other positions earlier where it is harder to find similar success later. So the main point here is the similar success. If he thought the guys available on Day 2 are much better than those on Day 3 then his whole premise blows up.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Because he will be 33 this season and thus is not a long term solution. The Bears are clearly trying to get younger and better.

Also, his overall grade was 66.9 so wouldnt say he played well he was adequate. He just had a good pass block grade but a mediocre run block grade.

I know you are fixated on the pass blocking but it is clear the Bears value OL that can move and get to the 2nd level in the run game. Nate Davis is way more agile and you see him get to the 2nd level quite a bit on tape. Schoefield doesnt have that kind of mobility.
So you think schofield is a good pass blocker then?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you think schofield is a good pass blocker then?

He gave up 1 sack and 8 total pressures. He has a 70 pass block grade or higher in 5 seasons out of 8 seasons and was 20th in blocking in True Pass Sets. Not sure what else should I conclude. I was not overly focused on him when he played bit dont recall a lot of fuckups by him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He gave up 1 sack and 8 total pressures. He has a 70 pass block grade or higher in 5 seasons out of 8 seasons and was 20th in blocking in True Pass Sets. Not sure what else should I conclude. I was not overly focused on him when he played bit dont recall a lot of fuckups by him.
lmao you're kinda turning into an AI bot that is only capable of reporting analytics

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lmao you're kinda turning into an AI bot that is only capable of reporting analytics

As opposed to you not providing any evidence besides because you said so? I asked you if you have specific plays of Schoefield to provide context and you dodged.

Are you honestly going to pretend you watched his blocking in enough detail to form an accurate opinion of him?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lions signed 3 DBs so Okudah being moved does not mean they are looking at CB in the 1st. Good on Lions getting anything for him as he has been a major bust.

@nc0gnet0 Is drafting a guy 3rd overall and then trading him for a 5th round pick make him a bust? Guess Lions got tired of all your injuries excuses for him.