**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wendy's is my favorite fast food joint.
It’s that for burgers or Zaxby’s for chicken. Of course, I will never turn down CFA or Popeye’s tho.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s that for burgers or Zaxby’s for chicken. Of course, I will never turn down CFA or Popeye’s tho.

I also love their Spicy Chicken Sandwich. Dont have Zaxby's where I am at but there is a local franchise I go to for Chicken in the bag. Otherwise it's KFC or Popeyes.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Ultimately Center is a position I think is *important*, but is largely mental — you can draft one R3-5 and find similar success.

Now you can certainly disagree with the above but his point is since you can find similar success later in the draft at C, you can prioritize other positions earlier where it is harder to find similar success later. So the main point here is the similar success. If he thought the guys available on Day 2 are much better than those on Day 3 then his whole premise blows up.
So we are just reading a different tone - when I read that, I see an attitude that about some take where the value of the position takes priority over the likelihood of success, that is justified retroactively that other successful starters have been found in later rounds in the past. I do think that prospects like John Michael Schmitz are that much more likely to start and succeed.

Given that the tweets suggested WR and G, when we have better starters penciled in than at C, I feel my interpretation is fair. But it isn't a hill I want to die on. We're all of a mind that Center is a position worth drafting anyway.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
As opposed to you not providing any evidence besides because you said so? I asked you if you have specific plays of Schoefield to provide context and you dodged.

Are you honestly going to pretend you watched his blocking in enough detail to form an accurate opinion of him?
I watched almost every game last year, and often watched highlights after the game on youtube. Often times during the games they also replay highlights of specific plays, I'm guessing you are aware of this.

You want me to bring to you a specific example of a specific play? It's april.... you want me to check my memory bank for a time he fcked up back in november? Be realistic. If I wanted a PFF stat I could've asked.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If youre in the CLA and like bougie chicken sangers then Fry the Coop is really good imo. Spicy chicken though.
Down here in Orlando it's Maryland chicken that's the best. We have a place called Huey Magoo's but it's not about fried chicken and more about their chicken strips which are fantastic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I watched almost every game last year, and often watched highlights after the game on youtube. Often times during the games they also replay highlights of specific plays, I'm guessing you are aware of this.

You want me to bring to you a specific example of a specific play? It's april.... you want me to check my memory bank for a time he fcked up back in november? Be realistic. If I wanted a PFF stat I could've asked.

Ok so what do you want me to do here? We are back to because you said so. Again he had 8 pressues and 1 sack. That is not a lot so unless you have something specific to point to not sure why you would expect me to just accept your unsubstantiated opinion.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he gets to the Bears in the 2nd round the new starting center.

He's been my guy at C for a while now. Heavily doubt he makes it to 54. I'd trade up for him tho, just not sure if thats poles thinking especially considering there are a few good center prospects in that mid 2nd round range.

I guess we just gotta get used to cody greyhair at center, or would it be cody nohair?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, that okudah trade is pathetic.

Hope they take gonzalez instead of Carter tho.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Also, that okudah trade is pathetic.

Hope they take gonzalez instead of Carter tho.
Watch Okudah ball out. Moseley was also signed by Detroit but that guy can’t stay on the field.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Watch Okudah ball out. Moseley was also signed by Detroit but that guy can’t stay on the field.

Seems like a very dumb move to me. He was terrible as a rookie but based on stats didn't seem like he did too bad last year. PFR lists his passer rating against as 87 last year which is respectable for a corner. In comparison JJ posted up a 94 last year.

Thats like us trading leonard floyd after a couple years for a bag of chips. Seems pointless. You might as well let the guy play out his rookie deal to see what you have.....

Truly do hope that he balls out in ATL.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Charbonnet in the 2nd is asinine. He’s a dime a dozen RB. Can find similar talents all the way to round 7.
Agree with you, it would be asinine, and I went to UCLA! I would like and hope to see him on Da Bears...but NOT with a 2nd Rd. pick. Too many other needs....especially on BOTH lines, as everybody knows.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
wasnt okudah supposed to be a man coverage shutdown stud? a top 3 pick getting traded for a 5th rd pick...

msadows

Liked Posts:
My two go to sandwiches at Arby’s are either the French Dip or the Chicken/Bacon/Ranch market fresh sandwich.

I also substitute the mozzarella sticks for the fries.

Cant go wrong with a french dip anywhere.

The Ahh jew's makes everything taste great

msadows

Liked Posts:
wasnt okudah supposed to be a man coverage shutdown stud? a top 3 pick getting traded for a 5th rd pick...

I think the biggest takeaway from this is they passed on tua and herbert for a fifth round pick.

God bless the lions. Worst ran organization in sports. Them thinking Goff is good enough will lead them to mediocrity again for a few years till they have to rebuild again.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Gonzalez or Witherspoon.

Not exactly, as remy pointed out they signed multiple CB's in FA. Their need at CB isnt any greater than the bears. Carter should still be the obvious choice, and a QB would be the actual logical choice if they ever want to be a real NFL team.