**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
That's my favorite thing about him. Not the temper, per se, but he seems like he plays angry, but then is super light on his feet as well. Dude's the real deal.
Yes he is I'm liking him a lot especially after moving down a few spots and getting an extra 2nd rounder preferably at <#40.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Its not the position of LT I was commenting most about. It's the plug and play, turn key starter for the next 10-15 years part. He's not a sure fire prospect like that
Well, I can see that. That was likely hyperbole when he says that long. But then again, he was very high on PJJ as LT, so...

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
A number of draft “experts” make their selections for the Bears in the first two rounds.

Here’s a few from the tweet below:

“Curt Popejoy, Draftwire (April 3)

1-9:
Ohio State offensive tackle Paris Johnson Jr.

2-53: Florida defensive tackle Gervon Dexter

2-61: USC edge rusher Tuli Tuipulotu”

Michael Renner, Pro Football Focus (April 4)

1-9:
Tennessee tackle Darnell Wright
Comment: Wright comes as the most experienced right tackle in the draft and gives Chicago a scary offensive line in the run game.

2-53: LSU edge rusher BJ Ojulari
Comment: The Bears get the edge defender in this class who won the superlative from PFF for the "best pass-rushing moves." Once Ojulari gets a little stronger, he can be an impact player.

2-61: Auburn edge rusher Derick Hall
Comment: The Bears are not leaving the 2023 NFL Draft without addressing their defensive line in a big way (and they're not done in this one). Hall has high-end explosiveness with good length for the position to be a pocket collapser across from BJ Ojulari, who is more of a finesse rusher.

Chad Reuter, NFL.com (March 24)

1-9:
Texas running back Bijan Robinson
Comment: I don't blame teams avoiding running backs in the top 10 because of how many injuries occur at the position -- but the Bears could make an exception for Robinson. His combination of power, speed, shiftiness and receiving ability make him a potential star in the Christian McCaffrey mold.

2-53: Syracuse offensive tackle Matthew Bergeron

2-61: Mississippi State cornerback Emmanuel Forbes

Todd McShay, ESPN (April 4)

1-9:
Northwestern offensive tackle Peter Skoronski
Comment: The Bears could address the edge rush -- perhaps with Van Ness -- after closing out the 2022 season at the bottom of the league in sacks. However, they need to maximize quarterback Justin Fields, and that means protecting him. And while there are concerns about Skoronski's 32¼-inch arm length, his quickness, balance and snap in his hands stand out.

2-53: UCLA running back Zach Charbonnet
Comment: The Bears brought in D'Onta Foreman with David Montgomery off to Detroit, but I like the value on Charbonnet at this point in Round 2 as another contributor in the run game. He's a patient runner with good contact balance and can be a three-down back in the NFL, even though he lacks breakaway speed.

2-61: Tennessee defensive lineman Byron Young
Comment: The Bears had just 20 sacks last season, and bringing in Young would get them going in the right direction. He had seven sacks in his final season at Tennessee, and his 36 pressures tied for 22nd in the nation. He quickly re-directs and has an explosive lower body, but he's still raw when it comes to technique.”

There are a variety of others referenced in the article.

I read that Tuli from USC came in at 260 lbs not the 290 as advertised and is falling down the board.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My palate is also inclusive of both Taco Bell and also Long John Slivers as well not just limited to Arbies because when bulking season is upon me I visit all of these restaurants for nourishment and enjoy the 2 dollar menu items adding up to usurally 10 to 12 dollars at Taco Bell and when I am in the mood for fried fishes Long John Slivers literally slaps and I eat the whole boxed meal including the tiny little batter droppings beneath the fishes that provide carbs and crunch for my enjoyment.
I don't believe "palate" belongs in any discussion of Taco Bell or Long John Silvers. Dear God, that's some awful "food".

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Did not know you work for NFL teams. Guess we will find out soon what NFL Teams actually think of him and not people spewing recycled opinions on the internet.

While not quite as short, Joe Thomas and Jason Peters both had midget arms and are HOF'ers. Also two of the best LT's in the last couple decades.

Please see the below video:

Based on tape, skoronski has by far the best hands/feet of all tackles in this draft. I would be happy if the bears got him at #9 because he would be by far the safest pick there. Paris/Jones might end up better, but no ones tape is more consistent than t-rex.
Joe Thomas:
Arm Length:33.75 inches

Jason Peters:
Arm Length:33.13 inches

Skoronsi checks in a 32.25 inches. That's still way below those guys you listed. The guy is quite the outlier in those regards

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
"PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers currently sit at pick 17 with hopes of landing one of the top offensive tackles or cornerbacks"

"Bears and Steelers are possible. They've talked about it. I know they've talked about it," Snyder said. "It's by no means for sure. ... The most likely connect the dots moment is that Pittsburgh needs and a tackle and they go up for one because there's one they like and they'll be gone by the time they pick at 17."

Would be pretty telling if CHI traded back so PIT can get one of the top OTs... not a fan

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Honestly, only thing arm length does is make it easier to get holding penalties on guys if you have long ass arms.

Never understood the debate regarding it. Most important thing for a LT by far is their feet and skoronski has the best in the class by far.
Well, 32 NFL teams feel differently.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, only thing arm length does is make it easier to get holding penalties on guys if you have long ass arms.

Never understood the debate regarding it. Most important thing for a LT by far is their feet and skoronski has the best in the class by far.
Yeah, it probably doesn't matter how long a boxer's reach is either...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, this is a definitive flop. Claypool could still prove himself, not counting him out.

3rd pick in entire draft for:

1. 25 games played out of a possible 50 games

2. PFF grades of 42.5, 53 and 59.4

3. 2 career Ints

4. Career passer rating against of 108.2

5. 5th round pick.

What a garbage pick, LMFAO.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Also, mattress stores. Like how can there be one in every strip mall? Who is buying all these mattresses?
I have thought about this as well, if it isn't a "meds" add it is for a mattress, for me once every 20 years is plenty.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Did not know you work for NFL teams. Guess we will find out soon what NFL Teams actually think of him and not people spewing recycled opinions on the internet.

While not quite as short, Joe Thomas and Jason Peters both had midget arms and are HOF'ers. Also two of the best LT's in the last couple decades.

Please see the below video:

Based on tape, skoronski has by far the best hands/feet of all tackles in this draft. I would be happy if the bears got him at #9 because he would be by far the safest pick there. Paris/Jones might end up better, but no ones tape is more consistent than t-rex.
I don't have to work for an NFL team to know what NFL teams are saying. There's a strong rumor than Skoronski doesn't get past 6. Either Detroit will take him or Philly is interested in trading up, both with the intent to play him at LG. While he could move to OT for either team in a couple years, it rarely happens that a good guard is moved from G to T. If he's not a good guard, he'll be moved to unemployment, so that doesn't happen either.

To use your comment, it's interesting that you don't understand the debate, but you are debating it.

It simply comes down to whoever gets their hands on the opponent and delivers the first blow is more likely to win the battle. If a guy has 2" longer arms, he is more likely to get inside of Skoronski's pads and win the rep AKA pressure the QB. Obviously, it's not the end all, be all, and the reason Skoronski may have a chance is because his hands are good. But he's going to be at a disadvantage most reps.