**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Guys like kirk cousins put up huge fantasy numbers every year but people realize he's not actually good. There's a lot of guys who are good in fantasy but I wouldn't want them on my team
And you agree.

So who's consistently good in fantasy but couldn't help your fantasy team??

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So catching TD's isn't good in fantasy or real life? Got it. LOL

So SausageSmoker says fantasy numbers have nothing to do with real game numbers. Got it.
There is way more nuance to this conversation but you're oblivious to it all, as you are with basically everything you've ever attempted to discuss in your entire life.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
And you agree.

So who's consistently good in fantasy but couldn't help your fantasy team??
I literally just gave you cousins. Goff and Prescott are a couple more. Vick use to be the king of empty fantasy stats. Fields last year had a huge fantasy year but people would definitely debate his ability, including you. If you want to talk about defensive players, ngakoue would be a great example. I'm sure he puts up points in a defensive format but teams clearly don't value him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

So SausageSmoker says fantasy numbers have nothing to do with real game numbers. Got it.
Mercedes Lewis once had 11 TD’s in a contract year and then produced hardly much after he signed the extension.
Don’t pay TE’s. They are quickly becoming the next RB in the pay scale

Canth

Liked Posts:
Fantasy means nothing? Do you understand for a player to be good in fantasy means you have to be playing god? They get points from getting catches, yards and TD's. How does that mean nothing?

I know it's just a typo, but it's a hilarious typo and made me think of ghostbusters. They have to be playing god?

"Ray, when someone asks if you are a god, you say: YES!!!"

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

When did I say catching TDs isn’t good? Please go back and read my posts. No wonder why you got fired from McDonald’s and Dollar Tree.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

In 2020 Tonyan had 11 TDs. He had a good fantasy football year. That doesn’t mean he’s a top TE in the league. He’s actually far from it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I literally just gave you cousins. Goff and Prescott are a couple more. Vick use to be the king of empty fantasy stats. Fields last year had a huge fantasy year but people would definitely debate his ability, including you. If you want to talk about defensive players, ngakoue would be a great example. I'm sure he puts up points in a defensive format but teams clearly don't value him.
So some QB's? Hmmmmm okay. The issue is that those guys are good football players, just not great ones.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In 2020 Tonyan had 11 TDs. He had a good fantasy football year. That doesn’t mean he’s a top TE in the league. He’s actually far from it.
And the Packers were 13-3 that season so he was good in fantasy and helped his team to a 13-3 record so it translates from real games to fantasy.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
So some QB's? Hmmmmm okay. The issue is that those guys are good football players, just not great ones.
You have guys like Dalton Schultz and gesicki who fantasy people love but nfl teams weren't interested in signing long term because they aren't complete players and can't block. I mean I guess you can stick to your fantasy football=real football, but im going to continue to actually look at players for what they are on the field and not on a stat sheet.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

The draft impacts the free agent market. This draft is good at DE, TE and RB and each of those markets have been depressed in free agency this off-season.

Kmet putting up good stats/being relevant in fantasy while being an inline TE is actually pretty impressive because he's competing with glorified slot receivers like Evan Engram who aren't asked to block at all.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Knox and njoku are probably going to screw the bears if the re-sign kmet. Although maybe they can leverage the TE FA market this offseason into a team friendly deal
Njoku has tons of athleticism but has never really put it together. Still amazed he got that deal, obviously a deal in which they believe he will hit his ceiling(finally).

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The draft impacts the free agent market. This draft is good at DE, TE and RB and each of those markets have been depressed in free agency this off-season.

Kmet putting up good stats/being relevant in fantasy while being an inline TE is actually pretty impressive because he's competing with glorified slot receivers like Evan Engram who aren't asked to block at all.
Ngakoue has been on 5 teams in 4 years. I don't think the lack of interest is a draft thing, it happens each offseason with him.