**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So catching TD's isn't good in fantasy or real life? Got it. LOL

So SausageSmoker says fantasy numbers have nothing to do with real game numbers. Got it.
Kmet caught 2 and 0 TDs his first 2 years. He had 7 last year but that is still just 3 a year average.

Doesnt really jump out as requiring 10m a year for that production or lack thereof.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Kmet caught 2 and 0 TDs his first 2 years. He had 7 last year but that is still just 3 a year average.

Doesnt really jump out as requiring 10m a year for that production or lack thereof.

Tight Ends are one of if not the the slowest position grouping to develop in the NFL.

If he can be a plus blocker while being a plus receiver in the RZ, he's a top 10 TE. He's better than Dawson Knox who got 4/$52M.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Tight Ends are one of if not the the slowest position grouping to develop in the NFL.

If he can be a plus blocker while being a plus receiver in the RZ, he's a top 10 TE. He's better than Dawson Knox who got 4/$52M.
What’s your top 10 TE list? Kmet should not be part of that group. He’s just outside of that

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I wouldnt pay Dawson Knox either. Draft a replacement. Unless they are elite receivers I view them like I view RBs. You replace them in the draft unless you find an elite one.

Also top 10 TE doesnt mean shit to me. Only 3 or 4 TEs are really worth big money. Kelce, Andrews, Kittle. If you havent had multiple 1k yard seasons as a TE you are replaceable.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good stuff in here

Great interview but this might be the most meatball thing I’ve ever heard in my life. My biggest concern with Flus has always been that Marinelli is his mentor. Marinelli IMO is the polar opposite of a Fangio. Fangio will outsmart you and outwork you. Marinelli just tries to outwork you but I’ve always thought he was dumb as a box of rocks and had zero ability to innovate or react in the moment. (Might be totally unfair but that’s always been my take on him)

Anyways… this isn’t a shot at Flus. I just hate Marinelli.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You have guys like Dalton Schultz and gesicki who fantasy people love but nfl teams weren't interested in signing long term because they aren't complete players and can't block. I mean I guess you can stick to your fantasy football=real football, but im going to continue to actually look at players for what they are on the field and not on a stat sheet.
I only look at players as what they are on a stat sheet when i'm looking at them for fantasy football. Why are you so triggered by what numbers a player puts up in fantasy can tell you if he's having a good or bad year in real games as well? Of course what numbers they put up in fantasy doesn't tell the whole story about how they're doing in real games but it gives you an idea.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt pay Dawson Knox either. Draft a replacement. Unless they are elite receivers I view them like I view RBs. You replace them in the draft unless you find an elite one.

Also top 10 TE doesnt mean shit to me. Only 3 or 4 TEs are really worth big money. Kelce, Andrews, Kittle. If you havent had multiple 1k yard seasons as a TE you are replaceable.

RBs are valued lowly because the learning curve from CFB to the NFL is way lower than it is for TE. TE take a freaking minute to become productive in the NFL and Cole was pretty young when he came into the NFL. George Kittle's rookie year was when he was 24, Kmet's upcoming season will be his year 24. They're going to be paying for years 25 thru whatever with his next contract.

What’s your top 10 TE list? Kmet should not be part of that group. He’s just outside of that

There's Kelce, Kittle and Andrews. Hockenson and Freiermuth are good but I'd put him right with them, Kyle Pitts is more gifted but his leg is busted so we'll see where he comes back to be, Goedert is nice. That's 7, you gunna put Evan Engram, Gerald Everett, David Njoku, Tyler Higbee as definite yeses over Cole? You're free to do that but he's young and he's been pretty healthy thus far and after looking at all of those dude's Pro-Football-Reference pages you see they didn't really start to hit their stride until they were 25 or so.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
RBs are valued lowly because the learning curve from CFB to the NFL is way lower than it is for TE. TE take a freaking minute to become productive in the NFL and Cole was pretty young when he came into the NFL. George Kittle's rookie year was when he was 24, Kmet's upcoming season will be his year 24. They're going to be paying for years 25 thru whatever with his next contract.

There's Kelce, Kittle and Andrews. Hockenson and Freiermuth are good but I'd put him right with them, Kyle Pitts is more gifted but his leg is busted so we'll see where he comes back to be, Goedert is nice. That's 7, you gunna put Evan Engram, Gerald Everett, David Njoku, Tyler Higbee as definite yeses over Cole? You're free to do that but he's young and he's been pretty healthy thus far and after looking at all of those dude's Pro-Football-Reference pages you see they didn't really start to hit their stride until they were 25 or so.
Agreed, not to mention the bears offense has been ass the last several years. You should expect all receivers to have less stats as they can't pass the ball, and they throw it far less than the vast majority of teams.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I’d agree with Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Hock, Pitts, Goedert. I’d also put Engram, Schultz, Ertz, Waller above Kmet. Then Muth and Higbee in the same tier as Kmet. I think Kmet is a better blocker than most but when people think of TE’s they think of pass catchers and the ones I listed ahead of Kmet have been more successful at that

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’d agree with Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Hock, Pitts, Goedert. I’d also put Engram, Schultz, Ertz, Waller above Kmet. Then Muth and Higbee in the same tier as Kmet. I think Kmet is a better blocker than most but when people think of TE’s they think of pass catchers and the ones I listed ahead of Kmet have been more successful at that
Ertz is just about done and Waller has been a pile of steaming shit the last 2 years. That dude has fallen off hard.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Ertz is just about done and Waller has been a pile of steaming shit the last 2 years. That dude has fallen off hard.
Ertz was pretty solid last year up until he got hurt. Fantasy football told me so. Waller was god awful last year but the year prior wasn’t too bad. Think both have been better since Kmet has entered the league.