**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
RBs are valued lowly because the learning curve from CFB to the NFL is way lower than it is for TE. TE take a freaking minute to become productive in the NFL and Cole was pretty young when he came into the NFL. George Kittle's rookie year was when he was 24, Kmet's upcoming season will be his year 24. They're going to be paying for years 25 thru whatever with his next contract.

I am aware of why RBs are valued less, it doesn't change the point. You can draft a dude this year and groom him and guys like Tonyan are available for cheap so again no way I spend 10m+ a year on Kmet.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Here’s one trade scenario included in the article:

“2. Texas two-step​

The Bears could have a future trade partnership in the Texans, who currently hold two first-round picks. Chicago could offer Houston the 9th, 53rd and 61st overall picks in exchange for the 12th and 33rd overall picks.

This move would essentially give the Bears the second-round pick they lost in the Claypool trade. Chicago could use this pick to address their needs at pass rusher, interior defensive line or receiver. Possible options at this point in the draft include Pitt defensive lineman Calijah Kancey, LSU pass rusher BJ Ojulari and USC wideout Jordan Addison. “

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow Fields has had 49 turnovers in 25 starts?! Man, that's unbelievable... like it is literally not true and only a product of your addled mind unbelievable.
Im waiting for his reply. I think he believes the fumble stat is the same as fumbles lost.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Here are all the players that attended the Bears’ local pro day:

Destin Talbert, CB, North Dakota State:(Via Daniel Greenberg)

Taishan Holmes, DT, Northwestern: (Via Aaron Wilson)

Michael Kennedy, EDGE, Northern Illinois: (Via Wilson)

Lamont Bishop, LB, Oklahoma State: (Via Greenberg)

Jeremy Cooper, OL, Cincinnati: (Via Greenberg)

Andre Szmyt, PK, Syracuse: (Via Mayer)

Evan Lewandowski, QB, Wisconsin-Whitewater: (Via Mayer)

Toriano Clinton Jr., RB, University of Indianapolis: (Via Greenberg)

Tyler Hoosman, RB, North Dakota: (Via Wilson)

Kendall Smith, SAF, Illinois: (Via Mayer)

Michael Marchese, TE, Illinois: (Via Mayer)

Donny Navarro III, WR, Northwestern:(Via Wilson)

Shemar Thornton, WR, Northern Illinois:(Via Wilson)

Cole Tucker, WR, Northern Illinois: (Via Wilson)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am aware of why RBs are valued less, it doesn't change the point. You can draft a dude this year and groom him and guys like Tonyan are available for cheap so again no way I spend 10m+ a year on Kmet.
Im one of Kmet’s biggest fans and this is 100% correct. Heck, if a GM calls during the draft and offers a 2nd for him, take it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Here’s one trade scenario included in the article:

“2. Texas two-step​

The Bears could have a future trade partnership in the Texans, who currently hold two first-round picks. Chicago could offer Houston the 9th, 53rd and 61st overall picks in exchange for the 12th and 33rd overall picks.

This move would essentially give the Bears the second-round pick they lost in the Claypool trade. Chicago could use this pick to address their needs at pass rusher, interior defensive line or receiver. Possible options at this point in the draft include Pitt defensive lineman Calijah Kancey, LSU pass rusher BJ Ojulari and USC wideout Jordan Addison. “
Two of those trades have the Bears getting straight fleeced.

I think the under the radar team to trade up with the Bears is NE. If the rumors are true that they are done with Jones, that would be a reasonable leap for them if Levis is available and they like him. Maybe would cost 2 3rds or so.