**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nobody is trading into the top 10 for a RB
That' probably true, but there is a ton of smoke that the Eagles are going to take him at 10, and if someone else wants him, they will have to trade up to 9.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No when I say most people, I mean people who watch the game of football. What do you mean by people who actually matter? Question for you…Do you think TE’s like Gonzales, Sharpe, Gates, Gronkowski, Kelce, Witten, Graham, etc, etc, etc are going to be remembered for their receiving/TDs or their blocking? Do you think the majority of those guys will be HOF players because of their blocking?
What does it matter what they're remembered by? Of course the receiving will always be looked at over the blocking just because that's the most exciting part of the game but that's doesn't mean that's how we have to rank the TE's of right now. When people talk about G.Kittle they talk about how he's not only a great receiving TE but also one of the best blocking TE's and that goes for many of the great ones. Just because you don't want to use how good of a blocker a TE is doesn't mean that everyone has to rank them that way. Would you rather have a great TE that's a great receiver but bad blocker or one that's good at both? Exactly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
LMAO. Dual threat would mean the QB is a top notch passer as well. LMFAO. So great he lead his team to the worst record in football. Hahahahaha. You kids are funny as hell.
Sorry but SausageSmoker doesn't go by everything a player can do when he ranks them, he just uses what helps his argument.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It’s been a while but whats more valuable? I think a second rounder could provide more long term value. Tonyan would be fine to fill in for the meantime. Plus according to @dabears70, he had a monster fantasy year in 2020 so he’s locked in to becoming a Bears HOFer.
Actually you brought up his 11 TD's in 2020 and i said they went 13-3 that year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
What does it matter what they're remembered by? Of course the receiving will always be looked at over the blocking just because that's the most exciting part of the game but that's doesn't mean that's how we have to rank the TE's of right now. When people talk about G.Kittle they talk about how he's not only a great receiving TE but also one of the best blocking TE's and that goes for many of the great ones. Just because you don't want to use how good of a blocker a TE is doesn't mean that everyone has to rank them that way. Would you rather have a great TE that's a great receiver but bad blocker or one that's good at both? Exactly.
Well the answer to that is obvious but most aren’t great at both. Like Kmet. When people think of Kittle they look at his stats. Then talk about his blocking in the background. If Kittle wasn’t good at blocking would he not be one of the best TE in recent years?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kmet is solid but he’s hardly the elite blocker Kittle is.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I am aware of why RBs are valued less, it doesn't change the point. You can draft a dude this year and groom him and guys like Tonyan are available for cheap so again no way I spend 10m+ a year on Kmet.

TEs are literally the opposite of RBs, they're hard to scout and take forever to develop. You're taking the Tonyan contract and expecting it to be normal for the market - it's not at all. Tonyan's contract is an aberration:
-The TE market is depressed this year due to the strong draft class
-Tonyan is a local guy, who knows the system and wasn't wanted back on his old team because they're broke and won't have AR12 going forward

Kmet is going to get a decent deal here because:
-He's young (just turned 24)
-He's an above average starter
-TE is absurdly hard to project from college to the NFL (the last good TE draft was 2017, only Kittle turned out to be a player absolutely better than Kmet from that class 2017 NFL Draft Listing | Pro-Football-Reference.com)
-TEs take forever to develop and the Bears want to be good in the next two years
-TEs have gotten PAID on the open market recently - (Austin Hooper 4/$42M, Njoku 4/$52M, Hunter Henry 3/$37.5M, Jonnu Smith 4/$50M) and those dudes all really didn't pan out.

They could draft a TE and it would take us probably 3 seasons before we knew he was better than Kmet. They can't run that risk considering what they're trying to do in the next 3 years.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Sorry but SausageSmoker doesn't go by everything a player can do when he ranks them, he just uses what helps his argument.
No, I don’t rank players based off fantasy football production like you do. Stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jim Miller selected Christian Gonzales for the Bears while passing on all the top OTs and Jalen Carter.

Miller and Kirwan have done several mocks and based on what they said Monday, the day they had Paris Johnson Jr on the show, they had him going to the Bears in some of those.

I think they're doing different mocks daily, which I always found puzzling. I mean, I get that it's done for clicks, but I don't get why fans would be so interested to see a dozen versions just to find one that falls the way they want it to. I would look at them to see if there's some consensus on who will go at the top, but when a specific analyst posts multiple mocks and constantly changes it, it defeats the purpose.

And this year, in fairness to any analyst trying to predict the draft order, there seems to me more uncertainty than ever, even among NFL execs who are interviewed.