**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Ertz was pretty solid last year up until he got hurt. Fantasy football told me so. Waller was god awful last year but the year prior wasn’t too bad. Think both have been better since Kmet has entered the league.

The discussion was about the next contract though. Waller was good in 2020, he wasn't great in 2021 and he has Danny Dimes throwing him the ball now, I have zero faith in a resurrection.

Regardless, we're talking about Kmet's mid 20s years. If you want to split hairs and say he wasn't a top 10 TE last year, that's fine - you're agreeinig that he's close and if you look at the ages of all of the other dudes in the top tier (Andrews, Kelce, Kittle) they all didn't put up big numbers until they hit 24/25 years old. That's the time period in which they're going to be paying Kmet and based on his current production/floor and that info - it's unlikely he'll be a bad contract at ~$12M or so.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The discussion was about the next contract though. Waller was good in 2020, he wasn't great in 2021 and he has Danny Dimes throwing him the ball now, I have zero faith in a resurrection.

Regardless, we're talking about Kmet's mid 20s years. If you want to split hairs and say he wasn't a top 10 TE last year, that's fine - you're agreeinig that he's close and if you look at the ages of all of the other dudes in the top tier (Andrews, Kelce, Kittle) they all didn't put up big numbers until they hit 24/25 years old. That's the time period in which they're going to be paying Kmet and based on his current production/floor and that info - it's unlikely he'll be a bad contract at ~$12M or so.
Must have missed the bolded. I do think Kmet is currently just outside the top 10 but has the potential to break into it. At the same time I also think brining in Moore and Tonyan and having a healthy Mooney/Claypool could hurt his production (Not that it’s a bad thing if the offense clicks).

Although I don’t think Kmet has done anything deserving of earning a $10-12 mil per season contract. He will more then likely get that type of contract through because that’s the going market. Would Poles also be willing to draft a TE with so many other needs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He's doing his rankings without including how good or bad these TE's are at blocking just to keep himself from putting Kmet in the top 10 because he's a better blocker than half the guys he listed and blocking absolutely matters for TE's.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Last edited:

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

Wow so it's not Carter or bust, its just Carter, an unlikely second trade down, an unlikely overreach, or taking a guy who is unlikely to play more than a handful of snaps in his career?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Someone who doesn't care about his offseason conditioning might just take him in front of Poles, and we never have to wonder "what if"

And then Poles will draft a tackle who will help keep Fields clean and healthy all year!
Yeah, I don't think Carter getting past the Seahawks or Lions.

Last edited:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, I don't think Carter getting past the Seahawks or Lions.
Seahawks would be a great fit for him too. Longstanding coach who wont bend to a willful young man to keep things easy. I know I am reading a lot into his offseason conditioning, but Pete Carroll runs his team in a way that would dispel my every concern

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He's doing his rankings without including how good or bad these TE's are at blocking just to keep himself from putting Kmet in the top 10 because he's a better blocker than half the guys he listed and blocking absolutely matters for TE's.
Again read through my posts please. In one of my posts I said Kmet is a better blocker than most on my list, but I’m basing this off of receiving. That’s because most people rank TE’s based on receiving not blocking

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Looks like the market for a top center will be tougher than expected.
Looks like if the Bears are looking at Centers it will be 3rd or 4th guys, perhaps Stromberg or Scruggs. Also will be interested in how Doug Kramer has progressed from last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Again read through my posts please. In one of my posts I said Kmet is a better blocker than most on my list, but I’m basing this off of receiving. That’s because most people rank TE’s based on receiving not blocking
I think when you say most people you're talking about people on CCS which doesn't count. Most people who actually matter and rank TE's use the complete package of TE's when they rank them.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields was better than Hurts in high school and college. Justin is bigger, faster and has a better arm.

What’s the “oh brother?”

Hurts had a great year on a completely stacked team with the best o-line in football. Fields was one of the most dynamic dual threat weapons in the NFL on a complete dog shit team.
LMAO. Dual threat would mean the QB is a top notch passer as well. LMFAO. So great he lead his team to the worst record in football. Hahahahaha. You kids are funny as hell.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think when you say most people you're talking about people on CCS which doesn't count. Most people who actually matter and rank TE's use the complete package of TE's when they rank them.
No when I say most people, I mean people who watch the game of football. What do you mean by people who actually matter? Question for you…Do you think TE’s like Gonzales, Sharpe, Gates, Gronkowski, Kelce, Witten, Graham, etc, etc, etc are going to be remembered for their receiving/TDs or their blocking? Do you think the majority of those guys will be HOF players because of their blocking?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
LMAO. Dual threat would mean the QB is a top notch passer as well. LMFAO. So great he lead his team to the worst record in football. Hahahahaha. You kids are funny as hell.
He single handily kept the team in a lot of close games despite the lack of weapons, poor OL and a horrible defense

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How do you think Hurts would have done on last year’s Bears team? I highly doubt he would have had anywhere near the impact that Fields had.

A stiff like Brock Purdy looked pretty good on a completely stacked team too.