**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah i can agree with that but probably still give him just a little more credit still. Should be a #2 and would be a really good one. My biggest issue is that he just doesn't fit our scheme so if we could get a 2nd for him i'd be alright with trading him and definitely think he's worth a 2nd to a team running man coverage. If we signed him for around what J.Dean got ($13) then i'd be happy with that. Be real interested to see what he could do on a defense with a legit pass rush. Unfortunately the Bears won't have that next year unless they totally put a blind eye on the offense and just go defense/pass rush in the draft and free agency.

We had a legit pass rush in 2021 and he had 1 int.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agree won’t happen. It would be hilarious though if WAS traded a 1st to move up to select a DT considering how stacked they are there

I think the premise is we potentially pass on Carter not that Commanders take him. If for example a QB is still there at 9 then that may be why Commanders want to trade up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Very good read.

Doubt Poles goes heavy offense as suggested. Think he will build out both sides based on who he considers the best players available.

Think Bears fans are overly fixated on OL.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Very good read.
Thanks, very good indeed. A big highlight here:

"After (Darnell) Wright, Paris Johnson and Broderick Jones, there’s a pretty steep drop-off. "

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Did you watch the same team the rest of us did?
He is masquerading as a fields believer. In truth he thinks the OL was fine, it wasn't until he could show the WR's didn't get enough separation by a PFF stat that he has defended fields at all.

It's entirely fair to doubt Fields, but if that's the take then just own it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Doubt Poles goes heavy offense as suggested. Think he will build out both sides based on who he considers the best players available.

Think Bears fans are overly fixated on OL.
Nobody is stating what Poles is going to actually do. They are giving their opinion of what they should do and the reasoning given the current state of the team.

The logic is sound to me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He’s likely going to have to do a pick swap in the 2nd and then throw in additional mid to late rounders.
Yup but the swap may be enough depending on how needed they other team becomes. I wouldn't swap 2nds but may need to add our 4th etc. Basically swap 1sts and give them a 4th for their high 2nd. Alternately take their original 2nd but really, the Bear would need to be wanting to move down for either of those. It won't talk them into it if they want a player.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

Very good read.
interesting about JSN and him likely needing a high volume of targets...doesnt sound like a bears target