**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure I railed the bears last year for not addressing the OL and WR's were trash, then we got to sit through all the HOT off season takes about how it would be fine, lo and behold it wasn't. Maybe you could improve your assessments on off season moves by making things more simple.

EDIT: also, please tell me where I (or anyone else) has said the DL or WR's were good? or the LB's particularly after roquan was traded and sanborn went down. Please
Yep. So much bs was spewed last off-season to fluff up the bad players signed by Poles. Fields nearly got killed in the process.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So is your stance that the Bears don't need OL help as badly as literally everyone claims or that they could draft a different position at 9 because they have a bunch of needs?

They do need a ton but there is a thing called positional value and you combine it with the players available in the draft. Their two biggest needs are at 3T and OT. I'm at the same spot i was last year when the question was WR or secondary. You could argue for either but if you care about supporting your QB and properly evaluating him, you go with the WR or in this years case, OT.

BPA is a myth, except to maybe the Ravens.
“This year, where we sat, to me, there were two good starting-level defensive players,” Poles said. “And I would have made a huge mistake for this organization to say, ‘You know what? Let’s just leave them there, let someone else take them, and then we’re going to go to offense, where they’re not on the same level.’ And then you’re kicking yourself a year or two later when the guy’s an All-Pro.”

I am saying I think this still holds true. He will draft who he thinks the best players are particularly if they still fit a need. If that is PJJ then fine. If it is Gonzalez then fine. I dont think he is going in saying he has to get an OT in the first.

You could go back and read my posts then since I pretty clearly lined out what issue I had.

Yes and pretty clearly responded that I am not presuming to know what Poles is thinking. I am going off what he actually said on more than one occassion including above.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
“This year, where we sat, to me, there were two good starting-level defensive players,” Poles said. “And I would have made a huge mistake for this organization to say, ‘You know what? Let’s just leave them there, let someone else take them, and then we’re going to go to offense, where they’re not on the same level.’ And then you’re kicking yourself a year or two later when the guy’s an All-Pro.”

I am saying I think this still holds true. He will draft who he thinks the best players are particularly if they still fit a need. If that is PJJ then fine. If it is Gonzalez then fine. I dont think he is going in saying he has to get an OT in the first.
Literally no one has said that. You continue to pump this but I don't see anyone saying this.

That being said I'll go on record stating it would be a mistake to wait all the way to the 5th round to make an addition to the OL. Borom was bad, leatherwood was awful, jenkins is a moving puzzle piece with injury concerns who played well at guard.

The bears should use a pick in rounds 1-3 on a RT with expectations to come in and compete with current players, and likely win the job by early to mid season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Literally no one has said that. You continue to pump this but I don't see anyone saying this.

That being said I'll go on record stating it would be a mistake to wait all the way to the 5th round to make an addition to the OL. Borom was bad, leatherwood was awful, jenkins is a moving puzzle piece with injury concerns who played well at guard.

The bears should use a pick in rounds 1-3 on a RT with expectations to come in and compete with current players, and likely win the job by early to mid season.

Jesus Christ. Jeremiah basically said it in the interview @BaBaBlacksheep linked and which my response was based on.

If you are looking for what might still be there at No. 53, it kind of falls off. After (Darnell) Wright, Paris Johnson and Broderick Jones, there’s a pretty steep drop-off. And to be honest, I don’t love the options you’re going to be facing there.

This is clearly suggesting you need to get the OT in the first because there is a pretty steep drop off after the top 3.

Hence why I noted people probably said the same thing last year but then Lucas and Jones were better than the 1st round tackles last year.

Like did you actually read what I was responding too or just felt the need to whine because you saw it was me?

I have no problem taking OL in the top 3 rounds. I was saying I dont buy the the idea Poles has to go heavy O or take an OT in the 1st round.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I dont care what he's saying. All these guys say the same shit. You made it seem like the rest of the world is oversimplifying what the Bears will do when there is strong reasoning behind why OT should be the pick.

But i look forward to another year of rationalizing everything Poles does because that's "his process" and people refusing to be critical because anti-meatballism= smart and mature.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don't see how your mock draft has any bearing at all.

Week after week you wanted to blame the QB play, making excuses for the OL and the receivers. Some of that is entirely justified. Some I disagreed with.

Then at some point in the season you changed your tune slightly, but you continue to flop on opinions where in one sentence you will say "Fields missed some, the OL had issues, the WR's couldn't get open" - This sounds like a very fair and balanced take.

The issues I have is you come out with these other statements and have made multiple saying you don't think Poles sees an issue with the OL. You don't think he will draft a tackle high, "theres gonna be dick ripping when the OL isn't addressed" blah blah blah. I don't see how you can think what Poles is thinking? He was in on McGlinchey until the price got too high, so I see that as evidence he was going to address the RT. I don't see how you have some other secret Poles insight that maybe we don't know about, are you in his head? This implies that you really don't think the OL needs much help. That's an entirely fair opinion to have, I do disagree with it.

If you think Fields is bad I will laugh and disagree with you, but you have made excuses for the OL time and time again.

Can't wait for your off season update on how the team is playoff bound though! I'm here for it.

Yes and pretty clearly responded that I am not presuming to know what Poles is thinking. I am going off what he actually said on more than one occassion including above.

Yes you addressed the 1 point I made that was clearly sarcastic only to avoid the 2 main issues I have.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont care what he's saying. All these guys say the same shit. You made it seem like the rest of the world is oversimplifying what the Bears will do when there is strong reasoning behind why OT should be the pick.

But i look forward to another year of rationalizing everything Poles does because that's "his process" and people refusing to be critical because anti-meatballism= smart and mature.

Yes but he actually did it last year so it is more than just talk.

Nothing to rationalize. It either works or it doesnt. No point in crying about it until we see the results.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes you addressed the 1 point I made that was clearly sarcastic only to avoid the 2 main issues I have.

Your other points are strawmen.

1. I never said he doesnt think the OL is an issue. I said I dont think he thinks it has to be addressed with a 1st round OL.

2. I think the OL could use a RT and C. Again I dont think that has to come in the first round for the RT or 2nd round for the C.

3. I dont recall ever claiming Fields is bad. I claim he had issues holding the ball too long which he, Flus and Getsy have all acknowledged. He already said he has to work on his short game while Flus and Getsy already said he needs to learn to take what the D gives him.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I cant wait for 20 pages of him saying the same shit nobody has been interested in reading from him for months

As opposed to 700 pages of people crying about the OL. Here is a thought why dont we all just shut the fuck up and wait for the draft. Until then you whine about the OL and I will whine about the whining about the OL.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
As opposed to 700 pages of people crying about the OL. Here is a thought why dont we all just shut the fuck up and wait for the draft. Until then you whine about the OL and I will whine about the whining about the OL.
I think we should all just discuss prospects and give thoughts on them. But please do continue on rambling about pff metrics youve discussed 100 times

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think we should all just discuss prospects and give thoughts on them. But please do continue on rambling about pff metrics you discussed 100 times
The new hot topic is what Poles thinks.

It's not about his thoughts, so you aren't going to argue with remy directly. He is stating things that Poles does/doesn't believe, thereby making it impossible to engage with or argue with. He's Poles' direct CCS confidant. A true service!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we should all just discuss prospects and give thoughts on them. But please do continue on rambling about pff metrics youve discussed 100 times

I didnt mention anything about PFF metrics. I responded to DJs discussion of prospects and the Bears draft by noting I think he is wrong based on what Poles has actually said.

The new hot topic is what Poles thinks.

It's not about his thoughts, so you aren't going to argue with remy directly. He is stating things that Poles does/doesn't believe, thereby making it impossible to engage with or argue with. He's Poles' direct CCS confidant. A true service!

I posted what Poles said which is really the only thing that matters. Not what Jeremiah or you think is best. When you get the Bears GM job then your opinion will be more relevant.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes but he actually did it last year so it is more than just talk.

Nothing to rationalize. It either works or it doesnt. No point in crying about it until we see the results.
No point in fluffing everything they do until we see the results either. It's not crying, its disagreeing or criticizing.

Its almost as if people have opinions and write them out on message boards.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
and Poles 100% didn't go BPA last year and if he did, what the fuck does the Phallus Jones selection say about this guys ability to scout NFL talent?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I didnt mention anything about PFF metrics. I responded to DJs discussion of prospects and the Bears draft by noting I think he is wrong based on what Poles has actually said.

I posted what Poles said which is really the only thing that matters. Not what Jeremiah or you think is best. When you get the Bears GM job then your opinion will be more relevant.
I honestly don't give a shit what you said. I use to generally agree with your takes. I usually scroll for pages to avoid reading an endless argument that you create to make yourself feel smart now. I'm pretty certain you've never admitted to being wrong about anything. Even when you have been blatantly wrong you find a way to spin it as if you were somehow right. It gets old real quick

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I didn't realize coming to a Bears message board and posting my thoughts on Bears football was irrelevant. Maybe I'm confused with what exactly this place is for?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No point in fluffing everything they do until we see the results either. It's not crying, its disagreeing or criticizing.

Its almost as if people have opinions and write them out on message boards.

Except I made no comment about whether I agreed with Poles or not. I simply stated I disagreed that Poles is going go do what DJ suggested based on what Poles has said amd his history last year.

and Poles 100% didn't go BPA last year and if he did, what the fuck does the Phallus Jones selection say about this guys ability to scout NFL talent?
It says he is human and will not hit on 100% of his decisions. Duh!