**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears fans, people who cover the Bears and people who cover the NFL.

There is a reason for that.

Yes people are overly simplistic in their thought process.

Nobody is stating what Poles is going to actually do. They are giving their opinion of what they should do and the reasoning given the current state of the team.

The logic is sound to me.

Yes and I am giving my opinion that they arent going heavy offense as suggested.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you watch the same team the rest of us did?

Yes. I saw issues with the OL, Fields holding the ball too long and WRs not getting open. I also saw the issues with absolutely no pass rush and a shit defense. So Poles has any number of areas he needs to fix. OL, DL and CB are all in play.

Been trying to tell people. Shit gets bleak real fast.

Right it got bleak last year for OL as well until of course Jones and Lucas basically outperformed all the 1st round OL that were studs. Draft guys are routinely wrong more often than not when they claim this draft only has x number of top prospects at x position. This is art not science. The best guys often arent who the pundits or teams draft top 10 so yes making it seem like we are doomed outside of the top 3 or 4 OL is likely wrong.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is masquerading as a fields believer. In truth he thinks the OL was fine, it wasn't until he could show the WR's didn't get enough separation by a PFF stat that he has defended fields at all.

It's entirely fair to doubt Fields, but if that's the take then just own it.

Your problem is your narrow minded thinking leads you to believe that anyone who doesnt see the world as you do is a Fields hater.

The world isnt as black and white as your simplistic mind thinks it is. I was in the Fields camp before he was even drafted.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes people are overly simplistic in their thought process.
What is more simplistic, watching hours of football and seeing a trend of players playing poorly or looking at a spreadsheet and regurgitating a false narrative?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

Your problem is your narrow minded thinking leads you to believe that anyone who doesnt see the world as you do is a Fields hater.

The world isnt as black and white as your simplistic mind thinks it is.
I don't see how your mock draft has any bearing at all.

Week after week you wanted to blame the QB play, making excuses for the OL and the receivers. Some of that is entirely justified. Some I disagreed with.

Then at some point in the season you changed your tune slightly, but you continue to flop on opinions where in one sentence you will say "Fields missed some, the OL had issues, the WR's couldn't get open" - This sounds like a very fair and balanced take.

The issues I have is you come out with these other statements and have made multiple saying you don't think Poles sees an issue with the OL. You don't think he will draft a tackle high, "theres gonna be dick ripping when the OL isn't addressed" blah blah blah. I don't see how you can think what Poles is thinking? He was in on McGlinchey until the price got too high, so I see that as evidence he was going to address the RT. I don't see how you have some other secret Poles insight that maybe we don't know about, are you in his head? This implies that you really don't think the OL needs much help. That's an entirely fair opinion to have, I do disagree with it.

If you think Fields is bad I will laugh and disagree with you, but you have made excuses for the OL time and time again.

Can't wait for your off season update on how the team is playoff bound though! I'm here for it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is more simplistic, watching hours of football and seeing a trend of players playing poorly or looking at a spreadsheet and regurgitating a false narrative?

What is more simplistic is overly fixating on the OL when we played poorly all over the field not just OL.

Did you think the WRs were good last year? Or the DL? Or the LBs? Or the secondary after Jackson went do.

We have holes all over the field.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He didn't say he needs a high volume of targets, he said he will get a lot of targets presumably because he knows how to get open quick
he said he doesnt see him as a huge yac guy...if your not much of a yac guy then you need high volume of targets.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Bears fans, people who cover the Bears and people who cover the NFL.

There is a reason for that.

Agreed. The Bears line was the worst I've ever seen at trying to pass block last season and they've added one whole player to that unit so far this offseason. Underwhelmed is an understatement.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What is more simplistic is overly fixating on thr OL when we played purely all over the field not just OL.

Did you think the WRs were good last year? Or the DL? Or the LBs? Or the secondary after Jackson went do.

Pretty sure I railed the bears last year for not addressing the OL and WR's were trash, then we got to sit through all the HOT off season takes about how it would be fine, lo and behold it wasn't. Maybe you could improve your assessments on off season moves by making things more simple.

EDIT: also, please tell me where I (or anyone else) has said the DL or WR's were good? or the LB's particularly after roquan was traded and sanborn went down. Please

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see how your mock draft has any bearing at all.

Week after week you wanted to blame the QB play, making excuses for the OL and the receivers. Some of that is entirely justified. Some I disagreed with.

Then at some point in the season you changed your tune slightly, but you continue to flop on opinions where in one sentence you will say "Fields missed some, the OL had issues, the WR's couldn't get open" - This sounds like a very fair and balanced take.

The issues I have is you come out with these other statements and have made multiple saying you don't think Poles sees an issue with the OL. You don't think he will draft a tackle high, "theres gonna be dick ripping when the OL isn't addressed" blah blah blah. I don't see how you can think what Poles is thinking? He was in on McGlinchey until the price got too high, so I see that as evidence he was going to address the RT. I don't see how you have some other secret Poles insight that maybe we don't know about, are you in his head? This implies that you really don't think the OL needs much help. That's an entirely fair opinion to have, I do disagree with it.

If you think Fields is bad I will laugh and disagree with you, but you have made excuses for the OL time and time again.

Can't wait for your off season update on how the team is playoff bound though! I'm here for it.

You arent paying attention. I am claiming help from the OL doesnt need to come in the first round like DJ was implying.

Poles is on record that he isnt overly focused on just building one side of the ball hence why he drafted 2 DBs last year when everyone wanted a WR. So there is already clear evidence he doesnt give a shit what pundits or fans think.

Also I already posted where McGlinchey said only the Broncos were really in it. That is straight from his mouth. The claims Poles was in on McGlinchey didnt come directly from McGlinchey or Poles.

If we go OL or O it is likely because he felt they were the best players not that he was fixated on addressing O. Again he has already stated as much. The question is why some of yall dont seem to believe him when he proved it last year.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You arent paying attention. I am claiming help from the OL doesnt need to come in the first round like DJ was implying.

Poles is on record that he isnt overly focused on just building one side of the ball hence why he drafted 2 DBs last year when everyone wanted a WR. So there is already clear evidence he doesnt give a shit what pundits or fans think.

Also I already posted where McGlinchey said only the Broncos were really in it. That is straight from his mouth. The claims Poles was in on McGlinchey didnt come directly from McGlinchey or Poles.

If we go OL or O it is likely because he felt they were the best players not that he was fixated on addressing O. Again he has already stated as much. The question is why some of yall dont seem to believe him when he proved it last year.
Who is arguing otherwise? Who is arguing Poles should pass on a generational talent or best player available? Certainly not me.

I don't expect Jalen Carter to make it passed seattle at 5, and if he does he certainly won't be falling to 9. This is another pipe dream like daron payne, hargrave, buckner, insert next DL player here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
he said he doesnt see him as a huge yac guy...if your not much of a yac guy then you need high volume of targets.

No he didnt say that. He said Yards per catch not YAC ie he isnt much of a deep threat. Hence why he will work the middle of the field and get a lot of targets like a Cooper Kuup type.

"There’s not much to go off of in 2022. So you go back to 2021 and you see somebody who is a ready-made slot receiver. He has really good feel working the middle of the field. He’s quick. He’s tough. He did not play with elite speed. And I think he could play outside, but you’d be taking him away from what he does best, which is just working the middle of the field. He’s going to be a high, high volume guy. Lots of targets. Lots of catches. Lots of first downs. I don’t think he’s going to be a huge yards-per-catch guy. I don’t really see him playing outside. I think he has a very specific role."

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure I railed the bears last year for not addressing the OL and WR's were trash, then we got to sit through all the HOT off season takes about how it would be fine, lo and behold it wasn't. Maybe you could improve your assessments on off season moves by making things more simple.

EDIT: also, please tell me where I (or anyone else) has said the DL or WR's were good? or the LB's particularly after roquan was traded and sanborn went down. Please

So what are you crying about then. I responded to DJ saying this should be a heavy OL and O draft noting we have holes everywhere so dont think that is true.

I also said I think people are overly fixated on OL and acting like we have to take an OL in the first when again we have a ton of holes and when last year the beat OL were not first rounders.

Who is arguing otherwise? Who is arguing Poles should pass on a generational talent or best player available? Certainly not me.

I don't expect Jalen Carter to make it passed seattle at 5, and if he does he certainly won't be falling to 9. This is another pipe dream like daron payne, hargrave, buckner, insert next DL player here.

So again what are you taking issue with? Once again I dont think Poles is fixated on OL or thinks he has to go heavy O. So what exactly are you disagreeing with if you accept he may in fact go BPA on D?

Also who said anything about Carter? The pick could be Gonzalez or Witherspoon or JSN or we could just trade down.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

i think chicago is perfectly fine if jalen isnt there. otherwise they wouldn't have moved down to 9 and waited to see another offer shake out that was closer to where they can grab him easier

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What is more simplistic is overly fixating on thr OL when we played purely all over the field not just OL.

So is your stance that the Bears don't need OL help as badly as literally everyone claims or that they could draft a different position at 9 because they have a bunch of needs?

They do need a ton but there is a thing called positional value and you combine it with the players available in the draft. Their two biggest needs are at 3T and OT. I'm at the same spot i was last year when the question was WR or secondary. You could argue for either but if you care about supporting your QB and properly evaluating him, you go with the WR or in this years case, OT.

BPA is a myth, except to maybe the Ravens.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So what are you crying about then. I responded to DJ saying this should be a heavy OL and O draft noting we have holes everywhere so dont think that is true.

I also said I think people are overly fixated on OL and acting like we have to take an OL in the first when again we have a ton of holes and when last year the beat OL were not first rounders.

So again what are you taking issue with? Once again I dont think Poles is fixated on OL or thinks he has to go heavy O. So what exactly are you disagreeing with if you accept he may in fact go BPA on D?

Also who said anything about Carter? The pick could be Gonzalez or Witherspoon or JSN or we could just trade down.
You could go back and read my posts then since I pretty clearly lined out what issue I had.