**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Me too. Opening against the Packers is a perfectly fair way to assess how much better or worse these qbs and these teams have gotten.
It's really not though. Give both teams a few weeks to find their footing. How many live snaps has Love had? How many times has Fields thrown to competent healthy WRs with reasonable protection? OL should become much better but has exactly one player in the same spot that he played (average) last year. Bears D may be nearly 1/2 new starters. I certainly hope the bear come out firing on all cylinders but I'll completely understand if it takes a 3-6 games for them to adjust and all get on the same page.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
If Bears lose week one, the "Bears Still Suck" chants will be audible way down south in Arlington Heights. I'm bracing myself now for the possibility of losing week one, and not overreacting. It was a shock last season to win week one vs the 49ers. We saw how things went for both of those teams over the course of the season. It is what it is. Would be fantastic to win and grind Love's face in the dirt while doing it, but anything can happen. Would be very very disappointing to lose vs the Packers right after Rodgers left town, no doubt.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Keep buying tickets, merchandise, products you see during commercials and gambling on the NFL.

You're doing a great job.
Thanks. There's nothing better than watching something that entertains me while making money on it. Cant wait for my gambling to pay for my trip to NY to see Rodgers play!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They hired him with the intention of firing him after one year. Of course he was going to stick it to them like that. This is what happens when you really tank for a protracted amount of time, and why its a course with so much peril (and has such a lack of track record of success).

The Bears should've taken note, because what is Matt Eberflus going to do if the Bears have only a handful of wins and he knows he's gone on Black Monday? Is he going to do right by an organizaiton that didn't do right by him?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's really not though. Give both teams a few weeks to find their footing. How many live snaps has Love had? How many times has Fields thrown to competent healthy WRs with reasonable protection? OL should become much better but has exactly one player in the same spot that he played (average) last year. Bears D may be nearly 1/2 new starters. I certainly hope the bear come out firing on all cylinders but I'll completely understand if it takes a 3-6 games for them to adjust and all get on the same page.
I think compared to last year the offense will actually be a lot more like the finished product than it was at the start of last year. The DL and LB corps will be revamped enough it may take time to know how it shakes out.

I'm not giving Love any slack though. If the guy isn't up to speed after having three years to prepare that's on him and the Packers brass.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They did exactly this against the Niners in a mudpit last year and went on to be the worst team in the NFL. Didn't mean shit.
As S. E. Hinton once wrote, That was Then, This is Now motherfucker.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Super Props to @Dejo AND @Anytime23 ..these guy scrolls pass so many fucking meltdowns in this thread, the season ain't even started yet...lmfao.

Last edited: