**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Sounds like complaining.

Fields is doing a great job running the ball in that he's recognizing Man coverage and exploiting it. You probably aren't going to see him put up many 300 yards games this year because quite frankly he doesn't have the supporting cast for that catching the ball... as we've seen so many times.
I mean the 61 yard scramble was easily a 20+ yard laser to Mooney had he not turned around too quickly for a scramble drill, but I’ll take the 61 yarder because that was a boss ass move.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So again this is why i said it doesn't happen next week even though i think they could if they game plan for it. TJ Hockenson had 9 catches on 9 targets for 70 yds in his first week in Minny. Claypool will have almost two weeks working with Fields next week and that's enough for him to get anywhere from 50 to 100 yds or more as it can only take one or two big plays to get there for a guy like that.

This is about me wanting to see JF1 open up in the passing game to know we have an all around QB and not a fast QB that can run. I already think he's that but now i want to see it soon. That can be next week or 4 weeks from now, i never said it had to be next week. I just want to see it.

Do you know when Josh Allen had his first 300 yard game?

His third season.

Having a 300 yard game is meaningless

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming draft order doesn't change a ton what are the odds of the Steelers taking a QB in successive years? Or do they double down and ride with Pickett pretty much dooming them to stay fucked, or take a $10 mil cap hit to dump Trubisky and hope to sign the next Geno Smith? It's almost as fun to watch reality catch up with them as GB and maybe even more fun now Trubisky is pointing fingers at the coaching staff.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Assuming draft order doesn't change a ton what are the odds of the Steelers taking a QB in successive years? Or do they double down and ride with Pickett pretty much dooming them to stay fucked, or take a $10 mil cap hit to dump Trubisky and hope to sign the next Geno Smith? It's almost as fun to watch reality catch up with them as GB and maybe even more fun now Trubisky is pointing fingers at the coaching staff.
Can’t give up on rookie after one year. At least Pickett gets next year unless they are stupid like cardinals. Pickett has no trade value at this time.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree but also let’s not forget that they put him in the doghouse in the first place…
We really have no idea what was going on, he could have had a shitty attitude, been out of shape, lazy etc.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really have no idea what was going on, he could have had a shitty attitude, been out of shape, lazy etc.
The sports media have been no help there. In the spring I was guilty of believing he was on the verge of being traded based off a couple of tweets.

On one hand I like being able to know all kinds of insider shit as a fan these days but on the other hand I like that Poles and Flus run a fairly tight ship and internal matters are handled internally not via leaks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Running is safer than passing. If you can put up 30 points running the ball 60% of the time as the Bears are doing then you continue to do it.

It is a passing league because most teams need to pass a lot to have any real chance to consistently score 30. Until teams show they can stop the Bears from scoring by gouging them in the run game then you continue to run it down their throats.
Blah blah blah.

3 of those TD's came from passing. derp

Running will also get your QB hurt and the hits will pile up.

I'm sticking with wanting a QB that can do it all.

Thanks for coming.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

His third season.

Also, when Lamar Jackson took over as the Ravens starter he had exactly 1 game where he threw for over 200 yards.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

His third season.

He's probably had 250-300 yard games most of his games the last couple of years since they're been super bowl contenders each year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's probably had 250-300 yard games most of his games the last couple of years since they're been super bowl contenders each year.
Obviously

Fields doesn’t need to start popping them out his second season to be successful though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Obviously

Fields doesn’t need to start popping them out his second season to be successful though.
I never said he did. I simply said i'd like to see him put up a 250-300 yard game and this place went nuts. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.