**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure why so many people care about this 300 yard passing thing. He was 9 yards away last season and 15 in another. One of those games they scored a whole 9 points.

Justin Fields right now is converting on 3rd down, not turning the ball over and scoring TDs. If you're crying about 300 yard passing games then it seems like you care more about the perception of your QBs throwing ability than you are in their actual success at running their offense and putting their team in position to score points and win games.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not sure why so many people care about this 300 yard passing thing. He was 9 yards away last season and 15 in another. One of those games they scored a whole 9 points.

Justin Fields right now is converting on 3rd down, not turning the ball over and scoring TDs. If you're crying about 300 yard passing games then it seems like you care more about the perception of your QBs throwing ability than you are in their actual success at running their offense and putting their team in position to score points and win games.
It’s just arbitrary bullshit. Sunday was probably the best performance by a Bear QB in the modern era.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Let’s talk about how this offense is about 15 spots higher than last season in red zone efficiency, third down conversion, points scored, and total offense.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Can’t give up on rookie after one year. At least Pickett gets next year unless they are stupid like cardinals. Pickett has no trade value at this time.
I would have said that worked out pretty good for ARI, but then this season happened.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why is 300 some magical number to posters here? Some weird fascination with the movie 300?
It's not about the number as much as it's about knowing Fields can do it when it's needed. I'm also going to be wanting him to throw for 4,000+ yds passing next year, but i'm sure that's just me and not any other Bears fans that want a Chicago Bears QB to throw for 4,000 yds. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stats are for losers like that Lions fan who posts here. Anyone watching the last month can see Fields is the man. His stats would be bigger if they called PI and if his receivers could catch an easy grab or 2.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not about the number as much as it's about knowing Fields can do it when it's needed. I'm also going to be wanting him to throw for 4,000+ yds passing next year, but i'm sure that's just me and not any other Bears fans that want a Chicago Bears QB to throw for 4,000 yds. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I would call you a meatball but that would be an insult to meatball's intelligence. And not meatball sports fans, actual balls of meat.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I might be alone on this but i got to admit that i'm sick of hearing about what JF1 did running the ball and am ready to see/hear people start talking about his great passing game he had, so i really hope we let him loose next week or very soon so i can stop hearing people talk about how fast he is and start saying stuff like, holy shit JF1 is a complete QB that can run or pass on you. It was a fun ass game to watch last week and see him really turn that corner but let the kid get a 250/300 yard game/games. We know he can throw it and throw it accurately and has a good deep ball so turn him loose.
Maybe an OL and WRs who can actually catch a pass would help. Wait 'til next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe an OL and WRs who can actually catch a pass would help. Wait 'til next year.
So another one that doesn't think JF1 can throw for 250 yds with this offense. Damn it i think he can, don't know if the game script will allow it but if it will then i think he can.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's probably had 250-300 yard games most of his games the last couple of years since they're been super bowl contenders each year.
But 250 doesn't break the arbitrary 300 yard mark you find so magical.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would have said that worked out pretty good for ARI, but then this season happened.
Arizona was smart to move on from Josh Rosen. Sticking with the wrong guy only prolongs the problem.

Their mistake was thinking Kyler Murray is the answer as an NFL QB.

If Pittsburgh is picking high enough to grab a QB, they should. Otherwise they're compounding the mistake of picking Pickett because they don't want to admit it was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.