**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I have been pro re-signing Montgomery all year long, but I think you have to let him go. His ypc is really bad, in a season where Herbert is 1 or 2 in that category in the league. The stuff about him not being an outside zone fit seems to have been proven true. The Bears didn't even run much outside zone on Sunday. I could blame the playcalling, but maybe there's a reason for that. Montgomery doesn't have the speed, vision, or quickness to find and hit that cutback lane. And the OL isn't as good at straight up power run blocking (makes since since they are on the smaller side).

I love Monty, but I don't see him coming back at all. Ideally, they'd find 2 RBs this offseason to replace him. Unless they go out and get Saquon or Tony Pollard, I'd like to see a big speed, HR threat RB added along with a short yardage guy. Treston Ebner can hit waivers or be RB4 if they don't want to cut one of their draft picks.
I’m with you and have stated it in many threads,
I want a home run hitting RB out of this draft.

There have been several instances with Herbert where he just didn’t have the jets to take a nice run to the house.

I like the idea of Gibbs or Evans. Of course, let’s see how free agency plays out first.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I’m probably one of the few who would love to see Barkley signed. Him fields and Herbert in the backfield? Yes please.
Yeah, Barkley is 2 birds with 1 very expensive stone. I'm not a "don't pay RBs" guy. Like I said, I was good with paying Montgomery. I was good with paying Roquan. Pay good players. The problem with paying RBs big contracts is when you lose other talent that you now can't afford. The Bears have 0 good players they would be at risk of losing if they sign Barkley.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He has been very good against average rushers which I think is a good sign for his development.
There’s nothing average about the falcons spine besides Grady Jarrett. The rest of that line is as below average as the bears.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Barkley is 2 birds with 1 very expensive stone. I'm not a "don't pay RBs" guy. Like I said, I was good with paying Montgomery. I was good with paying Roquan. Pay good players. The problem with paying RBs big contracts is when you lose other talent that you now can't afford. The Bears have 0 good players they would be at risk of losing if they sign Barkley.

Yeah he is a luxury that the Bears can afford. A reward for this reset year.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, FA is a thing tho...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is time to phase ESB and Pettis out of the O and give Claypool, Pringle and VJJ more opps. VJJ should also be taking some reps from Ebner as he really should be in a CP role. ESB should really only be in on run downs and really is a good enough blocker where I would give some of Wesco and Griffin's reps to him. Next year I would sign Barkley if he can be had for 13-15 million or so over 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.