**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I love this being your next post after the previous Clay Harbor tweet saying the oline gets "undeserved criticism". Like yeah, the reason they get criticism is that even on a screen pass, the RG has a chance to protect just long enough for the play to develop but instead, he doesn't block anybody and it's a sack. Like wtf is the QB supposed to do there? The guy is literally an arm's length away. A little shove is all it takes and it becomes a positive play. Instead, a sack because he blocks nobody.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This post is spot on and what I was about to see. The reality is Fields still has the highest time to throw and the 2nd highest time to attempt a pass. He is holding onto the ball too long and missing guys who are open. When you watch the All 22 you can see this clearly. That doesn't mean the OL and WRs don't need to improve but so does Fields.

The good news is that he is putting up 30 pts a game despite not being a refined passer right now so if he does improve that facet of the game then fuck top 10, he can be a top 5 QB. Teams can spy him and assign 2 guys to shadow him on option runs because his passing is still inconsistent. If he starts punishing them for doing so then defenses will be fucked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s true.. but I didn’t need to wait until the sophomore year to know Metcalf was a monster. There are so many recent stud 2nd round WRs. Pickens seems to be in that same mold. Feels like now they think WR is less of an urgency and the draft will be defensive focused instead of offense. I just disagree with the approach if that’s what happens.
The knock on Pickens is his attitude so yeah you probably need more than a year to see if he is going to have an AB style implosion. You also need more time to see how Brisker and Gordon develop once they actually have a pass rush in front of them.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
This post is spot on and what I was about to see. The reality is Fields still has the highest time to throw and the 2nd highest time to attempt a pass. He is holding onto the ball too long and missing guys who are open. When you watch the All 22 you can see this clearly. That doesn't mean the OL and WRs don't need to improve but so does Fields.

The good news is that he is putting up 30 pts a game despite not being a refined passer right now so if he does improve that facet of the game then fuck top 10, he can be a top 5 QB. Teams can spy him and assign 2 guys to shadow him on option runs because his passing is still inconsistent. If he starts punishing them for doing so then defenses will be fucked.
I don't have access to the all 22 but I'd actually really love to see these examples of these open receivers. Seems like whenever we get an in-game replay, no one ever looks open. It always looks like they're covered close enough that if the ball gets thrown, it's getting picked. So I'm genuinely curious how often it actually happens and more importantly, who is actually getting open?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah people cry about the OL but you gotta make this throw as an NFL QB. This is wide open middle of the field and the resulting sack is 100% on Fields as the ball has to come out period.

I don't have access to the all 22 but I'd actually really love to see these examples of these open receivers. Seems like whenever we get an in-game replay, no one ever looks open. It always looks like they're covered close enough that if the ball gets thrown, it's getting picked. So I'm genuinely curious how often it actually happens and more importantly, who is actually getting open?

See above for an example. The reality is this. When the OL blocks well, Fields tends to take too long to pull the trigger. When they don't block well, they tend to give up insanely quick pressure.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah people cry about the OL but you gotta make this throw as an NFL QB. This is wide open middle of the field and the resulting sack is 100% on Fields as the ball has to come out period.

See above for an example.
JT said the outside guy is the one that comes open. You disagree?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

See above for an example.
I agree wholeheartedly on that particular play that he missed a couple guys open. That was the only one I remembered (my memory sucks post covid so I am forgetful) as being a 'wtf' play. It's why I was curious if these situations were happening more than it 'looks like' on tv.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JT said the outside guy is the one that comes open. You disagree?

Fields is looking at Mooney over the middle. The LBs bite on the play fake so if he actually throws with anticipation, he can fit it between the two retreating LBs. If you freeze at 1:03, one of the retreating LBs turns his head and Mooney is already getting ready to stop and turn so really there is no way that guy can make a play on the ball so all Fields has to do is beat the other guy. Outside guy is also open but would throw to Mooney there. That is why you have play action to draw the LBs in.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree wholeheartedly on that particular play that he missed a couple guys open. That was the only one I remembered (my memory sucks post covid so I am forgetful) as being a 'wtf' play. It's why I was curious if these situations were happening more than it 'looks like' on tv.
You can see it in his mechanics. Some of that Is on receivers and some on him. I think a real 1 will help him immensely develop that timing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No QB is going to make the right read and throw every time but I would say Fields still hesitates more than is normal for a good to great QB. It is one of those things that is is probably going to take the bye week and the offseason to really work on.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, what's your point?
Well, just that being careful with spending isn't just about extending guys on the team, but also bringing in people through FA.

So spending a lot on a RB might not matter as far as extensions, but it could matter as far as being able to afford multiple other players at a shitton of positions of need

Status
Not open for further replies.