**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
The greatest thing about this season, for me, is being wrong about not believing that Fields, with time, could finally be the QB for a team that has been starved of a QB that could help them challenge for it all.

I hope to fuck Poles and the FO can figure out FA and the draft to improve this team to help that young man compete.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The greatest thing about this season, for me, is being wrong about not believing that Fields, with time, could finally be the QB for a team that has been starved of a QB that could help them challenge for it all.

I hope to fuck Poles and the FO can figure out FA and the draft to improve this team to help that young man compete.
You hope to fuck Poles? And the whole FO???

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, Barkley is 2 birds with 1 very expensive stone. I'm not a "don't pay RBs" guy. Like I said, I was good with paying Montgomery. I was good with paying Roquan. Pay good players. The problem with paying RBs big contracts is when you lose other talent that you now can't afford. The Bears have 0 good players they would be at risk of losing if they sign Barkley.
I think that signing Montgomery would be a good move and the main reason is that if they ever put together an offensive line, he can be used as a weapon in the passing game. Not many NFL running backs make that adjustment on a play like he did on that 40 yard pass play where Fields waved him deep on his scramble.

I know this season is frustrating big time for Bear's fans because we see pieces of what could be happening down the road and want it to be now. Hopefully the coaching staff knows what they are doing because this last game was really frustrating for me to watch as a fan.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think that signing Montgomery would be a good move and the main reason is that if they ever put together an offensive line, he can be used as a weapon in the passing game. Not many NFL running backs make that adjustment on a play like he did on that 40 yard pass play where Fields waved him deep on his scramble.

I know this season is frustrating big time for Bear's fans because we see pieces of what could be happening down the road and want it to be now. Hopefully the coaching staff knows what they are doing because this last game was really frustrating for me to watch as a fan.
What kind of contract do you give a plug and play position?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Well because it hasn't even been a year yet. The time to judge is closer to the end of their rookie contracts.

That’s true.. but I didn’t need to wait until the sophomore year to know Metcalf was a monster. There are so many recent stud 2nd round WRs. Pickens seems to be in that same mold. Feels like now they think WR is less of an urgency and the draft will be defensive focused instead of offense. I just disagree with the approach if that’s what happens.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been pro re-signing Montgomery all year long, but I think you have to let him go. His ypc is really bad, in a season where Herbert is 1 or 2 in that category in the league. The stuff about him not being an outside zone fit seems to have been proven true. The Bears didn't even run much outside zone on Sunday. I could blame the playcalling, but maybe there's a reason for that. Montgomery doesn't have the speed, vision, or quickness to find and hit that cutback lane. And the OL isn't as good at straight up power run blocking (makes since since they are on the smaller side).

I love Monty, but I don't see him coming back at all. Ideally, they'd find 2 RBs this offseason to replace him. Unless they go out and get Saquon or Tony Pollard, I'd like to see a big speed, HR threat RB added along with a short yardage guy. Treston Ebner can hit waivers or be RB4 if they don't want to cut one of their draft picks.
Sentimentally I hope Monty ends up re-signed with a team friendly contract after testing the market. He's a second/third effort guy who always seems to get that extra yard to move the chains while Ebner goes down on first contact. Seems like a leader to the younger guys, at least by example (no idea if he's vocal in the locker room).

I was concerned Herbert would be a liability in terms of picking up blitzers on passing downs but I haven't seen anything alarming in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.