**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Patterson is 31 and still has those same issues. He is a YAC guy not a guy you want running complex routes or relying on to have great hands. So you come to terms with who he is and deploy in a way to get value. Took teams too long to figure that out with CP. Hopefully Getsy is smarter.

You should also note CP is an all time great KR but doesnt actually return punts because he doesnt have the hands for it. Again same is true of VJJ. He is a KR and was miscast as a PR. He is a RB/WR hybrid that should he given quick routes and and runs. This is painfully obvious. No idea why you wasting time with Ebner when VJj can take those carries.

We just played the Falcons. I really hope Getsy took note of how the Falcons use CP.
Was telling my son this while we were watching the game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the same way Fields needs to work out his issues because he is the future, the same applies to Claypool amd VJJ. We arent trying to win so let them work out their issues now in live game action.
Oh yeah, for sure

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree but not sure about Claypool. Dude lines up wrong all the time. Seems like Fields is always yelling at him to move his ass where he supposed to be. I'm kinda thinking Bears might not get all that much out of him until next year.

Learning the playbook as a WR halfway thru the season is not easy. This isn’t surprising. Even receivers that get traded during the month of August usually don’t produce much because of the lack of familiarity with the system. He also excels in running longer developing routes and the Bears simply don’t hold up well on the line for those plays.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Think that is easier said than done. At the end of the day it has to be a natural progression IMO. When you try and force the issue that is how he ends up seeming to be too robotic because he is following a script telling him to get rid of the ball by the count of 3 vs getting rid of the ball because he has made the right decision.
It's development and you can change emphasis. No one said it was easy. Field is a student and shown a willingness to follow instructions. I know it can't be that cut and dry nor every pass play.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's development and you can change emphasis. No one said it was easy. Field is a student and shown a willingness to follow instructions. I know it can't be that cut and dry nor every pass play.

Sure but I don't think this is a case of them not telling him this. Getsy talks about footwork and trusting your feet to tell you when to throw all the time. Fields just isn't quite ready to convert theory into practice yet IMO.

Maybe you can incorporate more low to high reads but even then Fields seems to be looking at guys who are NFL open but not throwing so at this point think it is something he has to do himself as I am sure Getsy is showing him all the times he failed to throw when guys were NFL open.

Status
Not open for further replies.