Official 2023 Training Camp thread

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Let's go with your take for a moment. Which level of greed is more egregious: the guy who makes a living doing the one thing he feels he was born to do and asks to be paid more than the kicker on his football team who rarely has contact or the entitled "executive" who makes a hundred million, gets a an annual multi-million dollar bonus while he outsources more and more jobs to cheaper economies, and gets a golden parachute-which means even if he's awful at his job and is fired, will still collect a huge payout?
Most average workers would be happy making the amount of money a kicker does. Hell, they would be happy making the amount of money a practice player makes. Whether if you are a RB or a kicker you are making millions and millions of dollars. Stop complaining about it, budget like an adult and live a good life.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I’ll bite. What’s hilarious?
I am a Fields supporter but I do find these puff articles to be a bit annoying. He was throwing in shorts indoors with no pass rush. He better look amazing doing that. Even Zach Wilson looks amazing under those circumstances.

I get it... what are they supposed to write about. But it's not going to change doubters minds until he does it in real games to win games.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Everything I’m seeing about day 1 of TC has it the offense is ahead of the D. Usually, the opposite is true. From Fields hitting a bomb to DJ Moore to the DBs (Jackson, I think) blowing a coverage, it seems the Bears may have an O. We may finally have an O!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am a Fields supporter but I do find these puff articles to be a bit annoying. He was throwing in shorts indoors with no pass rush. He better look amazing doing that. Even Zach Wilson looks amazing under those circumstances.

I get it... what are they supposed to write about. But it's not going to change doubters minds until he does it in real games to win games.
Maybe if Justin Fields mowed down an elephant with a M4 and then sawed off its tusks you would show him some respect.

Last edited:

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Let's go with your take for a moment. Which level of greed is more egregious: the guy who makes a living doing the one thing he feels he was born to do and asks to be paid more than the kicker on his football team who rarely has contact or the entitled "executive" who makes a hundred million, gets a an annual multi-million dollar bonus while he outsources more and more jobs to cheaper economies, and gets a golden parachute-which means even if he's awful at his job and is fired, will still collect a huge payout?
There can be two bad things. Pro athletes get paid more than what they contribute to society, but so do the owners/executives. And that golden parachute thing pisses me off too, but to be fair, look at the terrible QBs the Bears have signed over the years - they also sucked but got paid more than most (possibly all) people on this board will make in a lifetime.

But the universe isn't fair. <shrug>

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields has 28 fumbles in 27 games (career) and Cody Whitehair is snapping the ball this year.

I'm not 100% what Hoge is saying because it was a closed practice...but the wording is a bit odd/funny to me.
I think it’s pretty clear he meant passes in that tweet, but I guess I could see the uncertainty.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Justin Fields has 28 fumbles in 27 games (career) and Cody Whitehair is snapping the ball this year.

I'm not 100% what Hoge is saying because it was a closed practice...but the wording is a bit odd/funny to me.

Well if you weren't just a casual fan, you would know he's talking about Justin's passes hitting the ground aka not finding their way into a receivers hands

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything I’m seeing about day 1 of TC has it the offense is ahead of the D. Usually, the opposite is true. From Fields hitting a bomb to DJ Moore to the DBs (Jackson, I think) blowing a coverage, it seems the Bears may have an O. We may finally have an O!
Veterans Justin Fields and DJ Moore connecting for a TD against rookie Tyrique Stevenson in the first day of training camp isn't unusual.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He has nothing else.

But let Fields struggle in the first day of training camp and you'd have a separate thread on it
There was a game last year where Justin chucked the ball like 50 yards downfield and just underthrew a WR(it was the very first offensive play) and he immediately started trashing his deep accuracy like its something we all just made up.

Then we went completely silent when the great Eberflus defense kept giving up 6-7M TDs drives, giving the team absolutely no chance to compete.

Some posters don't even try to hide their clear cut anti-Fields agenda.