Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There were a couple of seasons where you seemed perfectly comfortable with losing, Eddie.
Yeah, I'm with you @Blank Rankbutt, to think he used the excuse of his best friend and two unborn children dying as an excuse for losing focus. Come on, I mean the best friend sure, but it's not like he had even met the children. He sure could use some of your moxie.

Last edited:

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

Starting at 2:30, this guy claims he was told by a former Bears position coach from Fields' rookie year that he would show up to meetings 1 minute before they started while slumping his shoulders and pouting...

Who could this be? Fields does give off that kind of low energy, annoyed vibe sometimes in his press conferences. This is the first I've heard of any work ethic concerns around this guy since before the draft when Orlovsky said he was a last guy in, first guy out QB.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not convinced Alan Williams isn’t a r3tard

His last two defenses finishing dead last in points doesn’t give confidence.

Flus on the other hand had two 10th and one 9th place finishes when he was coordinator so that makes me feel better. (Not Fangio better but better)

AW certainly has something to prove this year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Starting at 2:30, this guy claims he was told by a former Bears position coach from Fields' rookie year that he would show up to meetings 1 minute before they started while slumping his shoulders and pouting...

Who could this be? Fields does give off that kind of low energy, annoyed vibe sometimes in his press conferences. This is the first I've heard of any work ethic concerns around this guy since before the draft when Orlovsky said he was a last guy in, first guy out QB.
I would too if I had to listen to Matt Nagy drone on and on a bout the whys and how he is so great.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I see a guy who will barely able to walk in his 40s who could quite possibly have a 6-figure annual medical bill for maybe 7-8 years of play vs a guy who sits on his ass all day and takes private jets. I'm always curious why good, patriotic, "working people" complain about the athlete getting "overpaid" in that scenario while ignoring the guy making 10 times as much with much less risk who works on Park Avenue.
He’s playing a game. He doesn’t have to play football though. He can take his (most likely) free college education and get a job in the real world. Or he could make millions over 5-10 years, invest, and find gainful employment after his football career. It shouldn’t be hard, since he will be a well known name in many circles (even if he only experienced success in college).

It’s a silly argument. None of these players do a thing to improve your life or anyone around you’s life. They distract you from what’s really important in your life and get paid millions to do it. Let the market dictate their worth on a football team. If they don’t like it, they can switch positions or find employment elsewhere.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

That whole QB room was weird as hell that year. Foles wanted out, Dalton was anointed and Justin wasn't allowed to compete for the job in pre-season.

Nagy was clearly on his way out and it took over the locker room.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Well, far as I know fields has a home in Halas Hall since he's there more than any player.

So...this take is BS.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s playing a game. He doesn’t have to play football though. He can take his (most likely) free college education and get a job in the real world. Or he could make millions over 5-10 years, invest, and find gainful employment after his football career. It shouldn’t be hard, since he will be a well known name in many circles (even if he only experienced success in college).

It’s a silly argument. None of these players do a thing to improve your life or anyone around you’s life. They distract you from what’s really important in your life and get paid millions to do it. Let the market dictate their worth on a football team. If they don’t like it, they can switch positions or find employment elsewhere.
lol ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am so glad this wasnt caught for Hard Knocks. Personally, I would rather that they keep these moments 100% private.

When your neighbor loses their job, you don't gossip about their reaction. You give them comfort when they need it and space when they don't.
This is a moment that's been caught 100 times before on Hard Knocks no reason to make it into something bigger and more dramatic that needs to be private.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I actually was impressed by his interview. Seems like he's got his head on straight, hopefully the guy can be a good 3rd option.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is a moment that's been caught 100 times before on Hard Knocks no reason to make it into something bigger and more dramatic that needs to be private.
The next job you lose will be your first, but rest assured that you will lose it.

That said, I remember when JD Runnels got cut from... the Bengals or some shit years back and I felt pretty bad, @gallagher

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually was impressed by his interview. Seems like he's got his head on straight, hopefully the guy can be a good 3rd option.

I mean I think he has the talent to be our second option. Don’t know if he gets there or not but he’s got as much physical talent as anyone. Don’t care what anyone here says… he was a solid receiver his first two years.