Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This is a moment that's been caught 100 times before on Hard Knocks no reason to make it into something bigger and more dramatic that needs to be private.

Oh hey there tough guy. I am sure you would love to lose your job with cameras catching a very human moment. It would mean you had a job to lose in the first place.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Practice Notes​

• Tyrique Stevenson got himself a PBU while he was in coverage on Chase Claypool during 1 on 1s. Justin Fields attempted to fit the ball towards the left portion of the field, but Stevenson made a good play on the ball.
  • Kyler Gordon locked up Nsimba Webster during a rep in 1 on 1s. Gordon moved his feet, stayed in position and didn’t give quarterback Tyson Bagent any room or an opportunity to complete a pass.
  • Daurice Fountain had a highlight-level play over Josh Blackwell. Fields threw Fountain a high ball towards the left corner of the end zone. Fountain elevated over Blackwell and came down with the catch.
  • Darnell Mooney started off the practice by participating in individual drills and by doing some stretching with a Bears staff member. He saw his first action during 7 on 7s. On his first rep, he ran a beautiful slant route that had Stevenson completely off balance. Fields looked Mooney’s way and completed the pass to the wide open receiver.
  • Khari Blasingame got a few targets in 7 on 7s. On the first rep, TJ Edwards had good coverage and knocked the ball lose. However, on the second attempt, Blasingame made a contested catch against Tremaine Edmunds. Blasingame had to really fight to prevent that ball from falling incomplete.
  • During the team portion of practice, Noah Sewell got some reps with the first-team defense. On one play, Sewell blitzed up the middle and Khalil Herbert was supposed to block him. Sewell went by Herbert, impacting Fields’ throw, which fell incomplete.
  • Fields connected with Claypool for a touchdown. Claypool lined up in the slot and beat Kyler Gordon on a post route. As soon as Claypool created separation, Fields put the ball directly on his receiver. Really good rep between the two.
  • The second-team offense led by PJ Walker had a rough sequence of plays. Walker was forced to throw one pass away due to good coverage by the defense. Then on the next play, Walker attempted to hit a receiver in the middle of the field, but the ball was late and fell incomplete.
  • Walker did bounce back with a touchdown throw to Tyler Scott. Jaylon Jones was the corner opposite of Scott, but it appeared Jones wanted to pass the receiver off to the safety, but nobody ended up covering Scott on the play.
  • Terrell Lewis beat Darnell Wright during a rep in team drills. Fields was forced to step up in the pocket, and likely would’ve been sacked, but he completed a pass to Moore.
  • After Cole Kmet had a false start with DeMarcus Walker lined up opposite of him, Kmet got some separation on Gordon, and Fields found his tight end on a drag route going to the right for a nice completion.
  • Gervon Dexter Sr. timed a Walker pass perfectly and batted down the ball at the line of scrimmage.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a Fields supporter but I do find these puff articles to be a bit annoying. He was throwing in shorts indoors with no pass rush. He better look amazing doing that. Even Zach Wilson looks amazing under those circumstances.

I get it... what are they supposed to write about. But it's not going to change doubters minds until he does it in real games to win games.
Maybe QB's are all supposed to look amazing in shorts, but that has rarely been the case for the bears. Usually we are hearing how it's good to get the mistakes out early in camp.

So pardon me if I get excited that football is back on and the O showed up focused and Fields is looking sharp

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Practice Notes​

• Khari Blasingame got a few targets in 7 on 7s. On the first rep, TJ Edwards had good coverage and knocked the ball lose. However, on the second attempt, Blasingame made a contested catch against Tremaine Edmunds. Blasingame had to really fight to prevent that ball from falling incomplete.
@JordanSigler article incoming?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Practice Notes​

• Tyrique Stevenson got himself a PBU while he was in coverage on Chase Claypool during 1 on 1s. Justin Fields attempted to fit the ball towards the left portion of the field, but Stevenson made a good play on the ball.
  • Kyler Gordon locked up Nsimba Webster during a rep in 1 on 1s. Gordon moved his feet, stayed in position and didn’t give quarterback Tyson Bagent any room or an opportunity to complete a pass.
  • Daurice Fountain had a highlight-level play over Josh Blackwell. Fields threw Fountain a high ball towards the left corner of the end zone. Fountain elevated over Blackwell and came down with the catch.
  • Darnell Mooney started off the practice by participating in individual drills and by doing some stretching with a Bears staff member. He saw his first action during 7 on 7s. On his first rep, he ran a beautiful slant route that had Stevenson completely off balance. Fields looked Mooney’s way and completed the pass to the wide open receiver.
  • During the team portion of practice, Noah Sewell got some reps with the first-team defense. On one play, Sewell blitzed up the middle and Khalil Herbert was supposed to block him. Sewell went by Herbert, impacting Fields’ throw, which fell incomplete.
  • Fields connected with Claypool for a touchdown. Claypool lined up in the slot and beat Kyler Gordon on a post route. As soon as Claypool created separation, Fields put the ball directly on his receiver. Really good rep between the two.
  • The second-team offense led by PJ Walker had a rough sequence of plays. Walker was forced to throw one pass away due to good coverage by the defense. Then on the next play, Walker attempted to hit a receiver in the middle of the field, but the ball was late and fell incomplete.
  • Walker did bounce back with a touchdown throw to Tyler Scott. Jaylon Jones was the corner opposite of Scott, but it appeared Jones wanted to pass the receiver off to the safety, but nobody ended up covering Scott on the play.
  • Terrell Lewis beat Darnell Wright during a rep in team drills. Fields was forced to step up in the pocket, and likely would’ve been sacked, but he completed a pass to Moore.
  • After Cole Kmet had a false start with DeMarcus Walker lined up opposite of him, Kmet got some separation on Gordon, and Fields found his tight end on a drag route going to the right for a nice completion.
  • Gervon Dexter Sr. timed a Walker pass perfectly and batted down the ball at the line of scrimmage.
GUYS!!!...MAJOR BREAKING NEWS!! Our 1-2 punch takes a back seat...this is what makes her wet.
?? TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!!!!!!!
gervon-dexter-3.jpg

FUCK YEAH!
We got one for the #TRENCHES !!!
@KittiesKorner

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like things are going as expected for Jordan Love, isn't that right @Loveitout:

"According to Matt Schniedman with The Athletic, the overall offensive performance was so bad
that head coach Matt LaFleur had the offense doing push-ups after practice."

Last edited:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like things are going as expected for Jordan Love, isn't that right @Loveitout:

"According to Matt Schniedman with The Athletic, the overall offensive performance was so bad
that head coach Matt LaFleur had the offense doing push-ups after practice."

My #calledit is that LaFleur will be fired at the end of next year. (quite possibly this year, if Love's collapse is as epic as it is sounding) For the record, I never thought he was a good HC (or OC) and never had control of the team w/ Rodgers there. This year will be very telling.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

that head coach Matt LaFleur had

A @JordanSigler masterpiece

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Starting at 2:30, this guy claims he was told by a former Bears position coach from Fields' rookie year that he would show up to meetings 1 minute before they started while slumping his shoulders and pouting...

Who could this be? Fields does give off that kind of low energy, annoyed vibe sometimes in his press conferences. This is the first I've heard of any work ethic concerns around this guy since before the draft when Orlovsky said he was a last guy in, first guy out QB.
For a QB with a 5-20 record, Cowherd sure is going in on him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, I'm with you @Blank Rankbutt, to think he used the excuse of his best friend and two unborn children dying as an excuse for losing focus. Come on, I mean the best friend sure, but it's not like he had even met the children. He sure could use some of your moxie.
Fuck. I knew about his best friend, but don’t remember reading about the children. That’s awful. My wife and I lost twins at 20 weeks and it’s just a miserable experience. I had to go back to a classroom of teenagers. He had to go back to 60k people and national television.

Fuck.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He’s playing a game. He doesn’t have to play football though. He can take his (most likely) free college education and get a job in the real world. Or he could make millions over 5-10 years, invest, and find gainful employment after his football career. It shouldn’t be hard, since he will be a well known name in many circles (even if he only experienced success in college).

It’s a silly argument. None of these players do a thing to improve your life or anyone around you’s life. They distract you from what’s really important in your life and get paid millions to do it. Let the market dictate their worth on a football team. If they don’t like it, they can switch positions or find employment elsewhere.
Free college education? They actually work a 40+ hr week outside of class for a multi-billion dollar corporation called Div 1 football. So they are making around $12-15hr in a high injury risk job that may have lifelong repercussions during the time that is supposed to be the best and most carefree time of their lives.

And as for not adding quality to your life, the mere fact that their success or failure interests you enough to visit a website, read about it and discuss it, is proof to the opposite.

Last edited: