Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not the one "confused" by a simple statement thats clear on its meaning

You're just looking for something to nitpick about and can't find anything today
Confused?

I said it was funny. Stop trying so hard and find the humor.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean are you not going to pay one of the 5 best young QBs in the game?
No of course you are. I'm just remarking on how different the market has become especially since the Watson deal. I hope the Bears go all out next year to try to make a run during Fields' rookie contract.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am a Fields supporter but I do find these puff articles to be a bit annoying. He was throwing in shorts indoors with no pass rush. He better look amazing doing that. Even Zach Wilson looks amazing under those circumstances.

I get it... what are they supposed to write about. But it's not going to change doubters minds until he does it in real games to win games.

They're comparing this to previous practices though. Thats the one thing they (usually Hoge) look for in 7on7s and 11on11s. For no passes to hit the ground. Because if the passes did hit the ground, you would have read about that instead. Dont see how its a fluff piece ??‍♂️

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields has 28 fumbles in 27 games (career) and Cody Whitehair is snapping the ball this year.

I'm not 100% what Hoge is saying because it was a closed practice...but the wording is a bit odd/funny to me.
lol and here I was laughing thinking you were making an old man joke (which sadly, I am beginning to be able to identify with lol).

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe if Justin Fields mowed down an elephant with a M4 and then sawed off its tusks you would show him some respect.
Maybe Fields should have thrown an Int on his first pass

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears have historically looked like shit on offense . Even in shorts. Even 7 on 7. The vibe was noticeably different during mini camp and has carried over to training camp.

The defense may be cheeks this year but I think the offense is going to put up some points.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The defense may be cheeks this year but I think the offense is going to put up some points.
The Bears have pretty good players now at the LB core and in the secondary. It is all going to be about the dline play and who else Poles adds to the mix. It is no longer a bottom of the league unit.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Most average workers would be happy making the amount of money a kicker does. Hell, they would be happy making the amount of money a practice player makes. Whether if you are a RB or a kicker you are making millions and millions of dollars. Stop complaining about it, budget like an adult and live a good life.
The RB making less than kickers thing is bullshit. There are no back up kickers so they are comparing 1st thru 4th string salaries to only starters salaries. Twelve RB's make as much or more than the NFL's highest paid kicker. And because Roger Goodell is an overpaid douche bag, that doesn't make the fact that NFL players are paid by the scarcity of their skill any less true.