Official 2023 Training Camp thread

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am confused. I thought today's practice was closed to the public anyway and tomorrow was the first one with fans?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I see a guy who will barely able to walk in his 40s who could quite possibly have a 6-figure annual medical bill for maybe 7-8 years of play vs a guy who sits on his ass all day and takes private jets. I'm always curious why good, patriotic, "working people" complain about the athlete getting "overpaid" in that scenario while ignoring the guy making 10 times as much with much less risk who works on Park Avenue.
I get what you are saying but these guys choose to play the sport and understand the possible outcome. They are still making millions doing it and if managed correctly should be set for life. Even with medical bills.

I think your average working people complain because these players already making millions get very greedy. The average working people have their own medical bills to pay, etc and can barely afford it. With that said, everyone has the right to complain about their CEOs (Goodell) or board members being filthy rich while the people below them busts their ass making chump money.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I guess I assumed they were allowed to go indoors anyway. I am just confused by the tweet.
This year's schedule has practices that are: closed to the public (meaning only media are allowed to view it), open to the public (this is like the training camp we've known for years where fans will get to be there and we'll see more photos/videos and comments during those practices) and private practices which is closed to everyone except members of the team.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What are you confused about?
Adam Hoge said today's practice was moved inside and closed to the public.

A) the practice was already closed to the fans until tomorrow.
B) if media is part of the "public" why wouldn't they be allowed inside their indoor practice facility?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Adam Hoge said today's practice was moved inside and closed to the public.

A) the practice was already closed to the fans until tomorrow.
B) if media is part of the "public" why wouldn't they be allowed inside their indoor practice facility?
It was raining. They moved it inside.

It was always a media only practice.