Official 2023 Training Camp thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Love Japan met my wife there and we have a beautiful family. We normally go back every summer to visit her family and my oldest wants to attend college there so we will probably move back once she is outta high school as well.

As a Black man it’s the most comfortable and peaceful place I ever lived. Never been bothered or harassed and I always enjoy being there. My best friend, I met in Hawaii is moving back to Okinawa soon so I’ll even have access to the Japanese Hawaii once we relocate for good.

Definitely my favorite places on Earth. Been to every major area except for the northern part of Japan, the only thing that gives me pause are the Earthquakes…

Was just there back in May for like my 10th time. Need to hit up Hokkaido as only place I havent seeh much. You should look into Akiya homes as if you willinh yo live outside the city they have homes for sale dirt cheap as with the aging population a lot of homes in the country side are being abandoned. You still get a few places here and there that dont like foreigners but for most part I have never had any issues as I am black as well.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Carolina Panthers Sign 4-Time Pro Bowl Pass-Rusher Justin Houston To Bolster Their Defense​

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I saw this a bit ago. Apologies for the shitty link, I couldn't find a better YT link.

Scroll down to the middle, watch the video starting at 1:15.

It explains a lot. That was recently coached into him and probably a degree of muscle memory there. Good news is that can likely be coached out, and I believe he has all the physical traits to be a very good NFL DT.

Edit - Better, longer interview

Edit 2 - That second one is pretty good if you haven't seen it and worth a watch.

While this is some of it he may also in fact not be a fast twitch athlete. You can't coach Aaron Donald's get off. In any event his game is more like Buckner's anyway and more about strength. He just needs to get fast enough to maximize that strength but probably never going go have great get off.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
While this is some of it he may also in fact not be a fast twitch athlete. You can't coach Aaron Donald's get off. In any event his game is more like Buckner's anyway and more about strength. He just needs to get fast enough to maximize that strength but probably never going go have great get off.
Fair enough. Looking forward to seeing him develop. He may never be Tommie Harris, but excited about him regardless.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Was just there back in May for like my 10th time. Need to hit up Hokkaido as only place I havent seeh much. You should look into Akiya homes as if you willinh yo live outside the city they have homes for sale dirt cheap as with the aging population a lot of homes in the country side are being abandoned. You still get a few places here and there that dont like foreigners but for most part I have never had any issues as I am black as well.
My wife is a city girl from Osaka & she refuses to live in the country…????

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think the burst is even comparable when talking about healthy Tommie. IMHO. And I looooved Hicks.
There was a play in 2005 where healthy tommie came in like 90 degrees horizontally on a run protection tackle which was when i got a feeling we might make a sb if not that year, the next year — with a healthy grossman lol. I miss healthy tommie

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mostly. Lovie's teams beat the teams they were supposed to. They rarely beat the good teams.
While that may be true, they were one of the most cohesive defenses we have seen between then and now. They came in 2nd in defense by yards allowed because we sat starters against the vikings. If we are going to throw rankings around, that is a thing. And Tommie was poised truly to be generational IMO until he got injured in 2006. That was the context of this discussion

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think the burst is even comparable when talking about healthy Tommie. IMHO. And I looooved Hicks.
Agree. Absolutely love Hicks but Tommie was an absolute beast.