Official 2023 Training Camp thread

One Team

Liked Posts:
There was a play in 2005 where healthy tommie came in like 90 degrees horizontally on a run protection tackle which was when i got a feeling we might make a sb if not that year, the next year — with a healthy grossman lol. I miss healthy tommie

Tommie was a world class player...remember the fans in other stadiums being pretty salty!...he could literally change games...when he went down against the queens in soldier field, I think...I felt physically sick.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tommie was a world class player...remember the fans in other stadiums being pretty salty!...he could literally change games...when he went down against the queens in soldier field, I think...I felt physically sick.
You and me both, brother. I really thought he was going to be the linchpin of a new identity for the franchise

One Team

Liked Posts:
You and me both, brother. I really thought he was going to be the linchpin of a new identity for the franchise
I believe John Madden and Al did a game that year (2005-6) against the Seahags and Tommie was dominating... Madden was full on in love!...Great memories.

One Team

Liked Posts:

I also have a photo of my daughter in Seattles stadium with Tommie Harris in front of a "Tommie Harris is a chick" sign with a Seahags fan. Legend.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Houston is 34 years old and Yann is a more productive pass rusher
Houston is probably a part time player at this point in his career. Good player and a reasonable contract.

Poles signed a 28 yo starting DE with 9.5 sacks last season for 10M. The 1 year says a lot more than the dollar amount.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
I saw this a bit ago. Apologies for the shitty link, I couldn't find a better YT link.

Scroll down to the middle, watch the video starting at 1:15.

It explains a lot. That was recently coached into him and probably a degree of muscle memory there. Good news is that can likely be coached out, and I believe he has all the physical traits to be a very good NFL DT.

Edit - Better, longer interview

Edit 2 - That second one is pretty good if you haven't seen it and worth a watch.

You want to know who Gervon Dexter Jr. kind of plays like?? Remember former Vikings DT Kevin Williams? They have the same playstyle and physical profile.

Put him next to Billings, and it's essentially a new version of "the Williams Wall" that the Queens had for all those years. Just nasty, nasty interior defensive line play. And the run is not going to be an option.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
I scrolled forward a few pages and didn't see a response, Whitehair is starting and appeared to be fine but then he rolled one back to JF
who picked it up, Lucas is 2nd string have heard nothing about how he looks and the kid from Illinois is 3rd string and probably won't
make the 53 because he only plays center whereas Dieter plays C & G. That's what I've read.

thank you, good sir