Official 2023 Training Camp thread

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Don't worry, he's going to throw less INTs when there are guys who are not his teammates trying to destroy him every time he drops back to pass in a real game, yeah, that's the ticket...

Depends on the script.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He answered a question that annoyed him, live and completely candid. If he was doing some weird super thoughtful and intentional messaging then he's way smarter than you, because you would be the recipient and he's the author. Are you really admitting you're dumber than Eberflus?
Wasn't thinking thoughtful and intentional messaging at all. Think he was just pissed how things were going and that anger was directed at the reporter............not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd be pissed if my QB was throwing Ints to guys who aren't even going to make the team too.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
You're talking to someone who believes the entire season, including practices, are rigged and scripted.
I think everyone knows this by now, you don't have to rehash it every time I post.

The NFL is an entertainment agency, not a sports agency. That is not a conspiracy it's fact.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
I think everyone knows this by now, you don't have to rehash it every time I post.

The NFL is an entertainment agency, not a sports agency. That is not a conspiracy it's fact.

You've used Jake the Asshole and his YouTube channel as your "source" in the past. The same bozo who went as far as saying that the Damar Hamlin cardiac arrest was fake. ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You think practices are rigged?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was pretty clear he meant we should draft an elite DE in general. He knows we can’t draft von miller. You’re acting like a grammar Nazi.
With him? Can’t take anything for granted

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You understand that regular newspapers and news sites and subscription journals are dying right? So people have to get clicks/views to make money. They are adjusting to what works otherwise they'll be out of a job. Thanks for your take though Jabba the hut
There are still quality writers, who write intelligent, or semi intelligent columns without having to title everything “the sky is falling the sky is falling“ in order to get morons to click on it.

There’s no question that the quality of writing, and especially editing is disappearing. As we live in an era of anybody, and everybody, can post online and editors have no place, we get the type of writing we see from Erik Lambert, for example, where he finishes every sentence with the word ‘at’.

“The Bears are trying to see where they are at“.“He did not know where it was at.”
This shit will get you an F in third grade grammar.

At this time in the preseason, every writer is writing filler because fans want something every day, and there is just not something newsworthy every day. But a writer can tell you who is looking good in camp, and who is not without trying to make every headline sound like “this guy is dying“ or “that guy is a major bust“ after two days of practice.

Anybody can write on the internet. That does not make one a journalist. It’s important to know the difference.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Anybody can write on the internet. That does not make one a journalist. It’s important to know the difference.
What exactly is a "journalist" then, if not someone who's just journaling something? Are there english writing qualifications involved? College degree? Certain employment qualifications (i.e. this publication but not that one)? Who gets to decide what a "journalist" is and isn't?

Edit to add: these questions are somewhat rhetorical as this thread isn't the place to get into it. My only contention would be that someone who offers their thoughts and/or account of things happening through any medium for any outlet could be considered a "journalist" and then it just becomes a matter of sussing out whether what they're saying is worth consideration or not. From a training camp perspective, twitter makes it worse than years past in some respects when you've got all these various reports from various sources all conflicting in some ways. There's more than enough "sources" for anyone here to validate what they want to see, whether it's that Fields sucks/is awesome, the offensive line is looking good/terrible and so on. None of it really matters until the games matter.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
In some respects the INT count in training camp is understandable. Fields or any, especially young, qb's have to figure out their limitations or get re acquainted with them. Pushing the envelope, can I fit it in that tight window has to be ingrained. The regular season isn't the time to learn that.

So to some extent I can understand it.