Official 2023 Training Camp thread

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think that many interceptions is concerning as well. That said, I am a bit confused why you added that Jordan Love highlight as to make some sort of comparison to Fields. By all accounts, Love has not had a good camp at all. Sure, we can find good throws by basically every QB ever in camp.

That throw is one of the main highlights from his TC so far, and it happened like a week or two ago.

He's been downright shit in camp thus far. This thread has a bunch of lowlights of his.

Watching a bears QB become elite while the packers have one of the worst QB's in the NFL is what the NFL Gods need to give us after decades of suffering.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So back to the Bears eh? The Bears first pre-season game is the day after tomorrow! What will you be on the lookout for? Here's what I am most curious about, pretty much in order:

1. Offensive line interior pass protection
  2. Offensive line exterior pass protection
  3. Justin Fields passing under pressure
  4. Who's going to step-up at receiver after #2 is off the field
  5. Running-backs all around
  6. Which rookie corner is going to have the better game

I think we will be disappointed in how much time Fields gets - may have to wait until preseason game 2 to get a vibe, but I'd love for the Bears to come out for a series and in one play have Fields connect deep to Moore for a TD and then call it a night - the hot take journalist crowd will have a field day.

For me, I want to focus entirely on the line play. I believe how the lines go, so will go the season.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that many interceptions is concerning as well. That said, I am a bit confused why you added that Jordan Love highlight as to make some sort of comparison to Fields. By all accounts, Love has not had a good camp at all. Sure, we can find good throws by basically every QB ever in camp.

Keep in mind, this time of preseason is when you want to really test your offense - see what they can do well, what they can't, what they are improving on.

Once they start getting game tape from preseason and see how the players respond to this in a live game, they will parse this and pare down the playbook for the season.

Know who used to do this all the time?

Lovie Smith.

When he was coach of the Bears, he'd intentionally screw with the defensive alignments and put them in bad positions in preseason games, just to see how they would respond and to keep them hungry and humble. Then he would revert to the normal defense for the season.

Different coaches use preseason for different things.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the Love thing was weird cause haven't seen or heard anything other than he was complete crap. I expect he'll be Trubisky-esque.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I thought the Love thing was weird cause haven't seen or heard anything other than he was complete crap. I expect he'll be Trubisky-esque.

If he's trubiskyesque that would be great for the bears.

Unfortunately, I think he's more likely to be Josh Rosenesque. If that is the case, the packers may grab drake maye or caleb next year, which is bad for the bears.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
If he's trubiskyesque that would be great for the bears.

Unfortunately, I think he's more likely to be Josh Rosenesque. If that is the case, the packers may grab drake maye or caleb next year, which is bad for the bears.

nah theyll beat the lions twice and win 2 others by fluke. theyll be right outside of those two qbs.. probably at 4.. on a side note the bears will be picking 1 thanks to carolina. haul 2.0

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind, this time of preseason is when you want to really test your offense - see what they can do well, what they can't, what they are improving on.

Once they start getting game tape from preseason and see how the players respond to this in a live game, they will parse this and pare down the playbook for the season.

Lovie Smith.

When he was coach of the Bears, he'd intentionally screw with the defensive alignments and put them in bad positions in preseason games, just to see how they would respond and to keep them hungry and humble. Then he would revert to the normal defense for the season.

Lol I don't think so bud

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So back to the Bears eh? The Bears first pre-season game is the day after tomorrow! What will you be on the lookout for? Here's what I am most curious about, pretty much in order:

1. Offensive line interior pass protection
  2. Offensive line exterior pass protection
  3. Justin Fields passing under pressure
  4. Who's going to step-up at receiver after #2 is off the field
  5. Running-backs all around
  6. Which rookie corner is going to have the better game
I’m going to be watching

Long snapping
Place holding
Timeout body language
The distance of the penalty flag being thrown

msadows

Liked Posts:
nah theyll beat the lions twice and win 2 others by fluke. theyll be right outside of those two qbs.. probably at 4.. on a side note the bears will be picking 1 thanks to carolina. haul 2.0

Yea, but they also have the jets 1st or 2nd this year.

If they pick in the 5-7 range they can easily trade to the top 3. While I'd love to see the packers be straight ass due to jordan love, I'm hoping he's Mitch lite.

A good enough QB to keep you in games, but not good enough to win you anything. Let them go 6-11 or 7-10 and hope they stick with that goober.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yea, but they also have the jets 1st or 2nd this year.

If they pick in the 5-7 range they can easily trade to the top 3. While I'd love to see the packers be straight ass due to jordan love, I'm hoping he's Mitch lite.

A good enough QB to keep you in games, but not good enough to win you anything. Let them go 6-11 or 7-10 and hope they stick with that goober.
If a team has the number 1 pick and needs a QB, they are taking Caleb Williams. They wouldn't accept the Packers 2 picks even if they were picks 2 and 3.

Now if a team like the Bears gets it based on Carolina's pick, then there could be a trade.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Lovie Smith.

I generally agree with that. But 21 seems crazy high regardless.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, fake ass @Spartan the doxxing creep at it again! ?
You may be more of a retardo than I ever imagined. Cringe Clint doxed himself cause he doesn't know any better and instead of getting him help, you just encourage the mentally deranged fella.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If a team has the number 1 pick and needs a QB, they are taking Caleb Williams. They wouldn't accept the Packers 2 picks even if they were picks 2 and 3.

Now if a team like the Bears gets it based on Carolina's pick, then there could be a trade.

If Fields doesn't improve and we somehow land #1 again then we would be taking Williams for sure.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

There are very few scenarios that exist where the Bears wouldn't/shouldn't take Caleb Williams if they somehow land the #1 pick again. Fields would have to take the team to the Superbowl or play like a top 3-5 MVP candidate for me to feel comfortable passing up on a generational talent.

I don't even think simply just making a pro-bowl would be enough for me to pass up Williams. He needs to be great + have some post-season success.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

What if Bears and Carolina finish with the worst records? That would be some epic shit.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What if Bears and Carolina finish with the worst records? That would be some epic shit.
Might be looking at another front office and coaching staff. Doubtful tho.