Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I generally agree with that. But 21 seems crazy high regardless.

Compare to Peyton Manning's first 3 years. I think Fields, while not that kind of player, will be that style of passer. It took Manning 3 years to really improve on that part, but if Fields, like Manning, can deliver a lot of TDs, it'll be worth it - big game hunter QBs.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Nate Davis not practicing again today. It's almost as if the Bears did no homework on this guy before they signed him. Work ethic and durability issues were why TEN couldn't wait to get rid of him. I don't like where this is headed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Man Nate Davis is really making me question if we needed another CB in the second instead of an IOL.

Im fairly certain he's fine, just a lazy SOB who doesnt want to practice.

I know jenkins was sick yesterday, threw up twice, but he actually practiced all day while under the weather.

Meanwhile Nate decides to practice once every two weeks. lol

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nate Davis not practicing again today. It's almost as if the Bears did no homework on this guy before they signed him. Work ethic and durability issues were why TEN couldn't wait to get rid of him. I don't like where this is headed.

Carter has been seeing a lot of work in his spot, right?

I'd be curious to see how he looks in preseason.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So back to the Bears eh? The Bears first pre-season game is the day after tomorrow! What will you be on the lookout for? Here's what I am most curious about, pretty much in order:

1. Offensive line interior pass protection
  2. Offensive line exterior pass protection
  3. Justin Fields passing under pressure
  4. Who's going to step-up at receiver after #2 is off the field
  5. Running-backs all around
  6. Which rookie corner is going to have the better game
The big question marks last season were how pass pro and receiver play affected Fields development as a passer. I'll be looking at how those things are coming together.

I want to see refinement in Brax's technique, specifically how he uses his hands and anchors. I'm less concerned about WRs, routes and chemistry with Fields because all signs seem to be pointing up to a major improvement there. Will be nice to see affirmation of that in live action though.

But honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing the defense play. They were a try hard unit with little talent last year, but we saw hints of how the coaching staff schemed. LB and CB look like deep positions now, but I have no idea what to expect out of the DEs. Very interested in seeing what some of the young pass rushers can do. The Titans have one of the worst lines in the league so they should have opportunities to flash.

Lots of rookies to watch in Darnell Wright, Tyler Scott, Roschon Johnson, Gervon Dexter, Zacch Pickens, D'Anthony Jones, Noah Sewell, Tyrique Stevenson, and Terell Smith.