Official 2023 Training Camp thread

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And, yeah, they won the division with an 8-9 record in what looked to be 1 of Brady's worst seasons. And were quickly disposed of in the playoffs.

Seemed more like Flus was disappointed as to where Fields and offense are at right now and that's why he got pissy with the reporter.
Moron

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Compare to Peyton Manning's first 3 years. I think Fields, while not that kind of player, will be that style of passer. It took Manning 3 years to really improve on that part, but if Fields, like Manning, can deliver a lot of TDs, it'll be worth it - big game hunter QBs.
This is such a bizarre comp you keep making. Manning was one of the most cerebral qbs of recent memory who was great at reading pre and post snap and getting the ball out quickly because he was also a statue. He's one of the best qbs ever. The comp isn't based in reality on anything we've seen. Try harder

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

“I WOULD BE A LITTLE SURPRISED IF THE BEARS MADE A WHOLE SLEW OF WAIVER CLAIMS, BUT I’D BE WILLING TO BET THEY WILL MAKE THREE OR FOUR. ONE POSITION I WONDER ABOUT IS THE SWING TACKLE SPOT. LARRY BOROM HAS BEEN WORKING AS THE BACKUP LEFT TACKLE. IF THE BEARS ARE NOT SOLD ON HIM, THAT COULD BE ONE POSITION WHERE THEY SCAN THE WAIVER WIRE FOR HELP. THEY ALSO COULD BRING IN A VETERAN CUT LOOSE BY ANOTHER TEAM WHO IS NOT SUBJECT TO WAIVERS.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SIGNING DEFENSIVE END YANNICK NGAKOUE, IT’S FAIR TO SAY MOST OF THE RECENT MOVES HAVE BEEN DUE TO ATTRITION AND INJURIES. I DOUBT THEY ADD A TIGHT END AFTER SIGNING MARCEDES LEWIS, BUT MOST OF THE OTHER POSITIONS ARE NOT SO STACKED THAT THEY SHOULDN’T CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY OF ADDITIONS. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT SHAKES OUT AROUND CUT TIME, BUT I DEFINITELY WOULD KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR A MOVE FOR A SWING TACKLE.”

- Brad Biggs

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are very few scenarios that exist where the Bears wouldn't/shouldn't take Caleb Williams if they somehow land the #1 pick again. Fields would have to take the team to the Superbowl or play like a top 3-5 MVP candidate for me to feel comfortable passing up on a generational talent.

I don't even think simply just making a pro-bowl would be enough for me to pass up Williams. He needs to be great + have some post-season success.
Even then you have an extra 1st and could afford to take him. Having the luxury of a superstar backup to develop at his own pace, pushing the decision at QB down the road, and possible trade opportunities sounds pretty good.