Official 2023 Training Camp thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What exactly is a "journalist" then, if not someone who's just journaling something? Are there english writing qualifications involved? College degree? Certain employment qualifications (i.e. this publication but not that one)? Who gets to decide what a "journalist" is and isn't?

Edit to add: these questions are somewhat rhetorical as this thread isn't the place to get into it. My only contention would be that someone who offers their thoughts and/or account of things happening through any medium for any outlet could be considered a "journalist" and then it just becomes a matter of sussing out whether what they're saying is worth consideration or not. From a training camp perspective, twitter makes it worse than years past in some respects when you've got all these various reports from various sources all conflicting in some ways. There's more than enough "sources" for anyone here to validate what they want to see, whether it's that Fields sucks/is awesome, the offensive line is looking good/terrible and so on. None of it really matters until the games matter.
Journalism is a field for which one can earn a college degree.

Are you asking seriously?

Simply owning a keyboard does not make one a journalist any more than owning a knife makes one a surgeon.

Clearly the lines are blurred in the age since the Fairness Doctrine was abolished, but true journalists are taught ethics and fairness in reporting.

Opinion columnists may be journalists but when writing an opinion piece, at least in the past, it was identified as such.

But no reputable publication would publish the Chicken Little headlines we get for thread titles from the wannabe journalists here.

Hacks with a PC are not the same thing.
“Made you click!” Is not journalism.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bigge concerm n this team right now seems to be guard depth. Starts are adequate, but backups seemt be trash.

My question is does Poles get OL depth from having the first crack at the cuts? Or does he sign someone?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When it comes to punt returns yes. He is horrible at it. He can help in a lot of other ways, gadget plays, kickoff returns etc. I wouldn’t cut him just wouldn’t have him doing punt returns.
I mean a month out from the season seems like the perfect time to try him again at it. You mentioned Pettis before. Both Pettis and VJ aren’t making the team unless there’s an injury.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Im fairly certain he's fine, just a lazy SOB who doesnt want to practice.

I know jenkins was sick yesterday, threw up twice, but he actually practiced all day while under the weather.

Meanwhile Nate decides to practice once every two weeks. lol
Maybe true but I’m pretty sure the bears passed on Jalen Carter because of work ethic and laziness. They brag about wright’s work ethic and how they couldn’t break him.

Then they sign a guy that refuses to participate in TC?? He should be out there building chemistry and helping wright.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
“Dexter’s get off looks improved today!”

I’m not going to take the word of some sideline reporter one way or another. Dexter sounds like he’s having an impactful day of practice. Awesome. Let’s watch the tape after preseason game 1. How does his get off look in a live game, and what type of impact does he have on the field? The rest is just noise to drive engagement on social media.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm actually gonna keep my belief that Jenkins and Davis will be fine but i am worried about Whitehair at C. As long as Jenkins doesn't have any serious injuries and definitely nothing to do with his back.
I heard Baldy on a TC interview say last night that he thought the Bears OL would be a strength.
I was surprised, hope he's correct but am concerned about the interior OL.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe true but I’m pretty sure the bears passed on Jalen Carter because of work ethic and laziness. They brag about wright’s work ethic and how they couldn’t break him.

Then they sign a guy that refuses to participate in TC?? He should be out there building chemistry and helping wright.
All true but he's shown he can play while having the same lazy rep in Tenn. He was not an unknown quantity and is a 2 year rental that we desperately needed.