Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nate Davis not practicing again today. It's almost as if the Bears did no homework on this guy before they signed him. Work ethic and durability issues were why TEN couldn't wait to get rid of him. I don't like where this is headed.
Perhaps they knew full well and signed him anyway because he was the best guy left and it was more important to protect Fields.

Brybeck01

Liked Posts:
In attendance today too.

Edmunds is a monster in person. Will be fun to see how they utilize him throughout the season.

M Lewis play was best of day so far. He still moves around the field nicely for being on the tail end of playing age.
Confirming interior of line was soft, so Fields didn't get much time.

And rookie QB had an interception. Bad read.

Watched Velus fielding punts earlier in the morning and he only bobbles one. Tyler Scott and 3-4 others were fielding too. I'd imagine it's a short leash for Jones

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In attendance today too.

Edmunds is a monster in person. Will be fun to see how they utilize him throughout the season.

M Lewis play was best of day so far. He still moves around the field nicely for being on the tail end of playing age.
Confirming interior of line was soft, so Fields didn't get much time.

And rookie QB had an interception. Bad read.

Watched Velus fielding punts earlier in the morning and he only bobbles one. Tyler Scott and 3-4 others were fielding too. I'd imagine it's a short leash for Jones

Love the info. Keep it coming!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is such a bizarre comp you keep making. Manning was one of the most cerebral qbs of recent memory who was great at reading pre and post snap and getting the ball out quickly because he was also a statue. He's one of the best qbs ever. The comp isn't based in reality on anything we've seen. Try harder
Manning went 13-3 with an over 90 rating (when it was less common) in his 2nd year. He's just posting nonsense.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Manning went 13-3 with an over 90 rating (when it was less common) in his 2nd year. He's just posting nonsense.
I think he's trying to say Manning was kind of a gunslinger who threw a lot of ints but you lived with it because of his huge success, but that's not true

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m surprised they are giving VJJ another chance with punt returns. He will fumble another one eventually. It just doesn’t come natural to him, I’d keep Pettis around just to do this.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This answered what I was curious about.

On the one hand, I am glad the tackles apparently are addressed and if the latest of what we are hearing is true, then Braxton Jones is finally starting to hold up (Thank God). But damn it all if we aren't going to be in trouble if they can't solidify up the middle. If that happens, be prepared of another season of complete football moron tv personalities saying its all on Fields not getting the ball away fast enough, and another shit season.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m surprised they are giving VJJ another chance with punt returns. He will fumble another one eventually. It just doesn’t come natural to him, I’d keep Pettis around just to do this.
You’re surprised a team that spent a 3rd round pick on a guy is trying to keep him around?

Rise

Liked Posts:
You’re surprised a team that spent a 3rd round pick on a guy is trying to keep him around?

When it comes to punt returns yes. He is horrible at it. He can help in a lot of other ways, gadget plays, kickoff returns etc. I wouldn’t cut him just wouldn’t have him doing punt returns.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
This answered what I was curious about.

On the one hand, I am glad the tackles apparently are addressed and if the latest of what we are hearing is true, then Braxton Jones is finally starting to hold up (Thank God). But damn it all if we aren't going to be in trouble if they can't solidify up the middle. If that happens, be prepared of another season of complete football moron tv personalities saying its all on Fields not getting the ball away fast enough, and another shit season.
So Braxton Jones is fixed after a couple of positive tweets from practice?