Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You understand that regular newspapers and news sites and subscription journals are dying right? So people have to get clicks/views to make money. They are adjusting to what works otherwise they'll be out of a job. Thanks for your take though Jabba the hut
Why is it always the propaganda believers that call it fake news?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There are still quality writers, who write intelligent, or semi intelligent columns without having to title everything “the sky is falling the sky is falling“ in order to get morons to click on it.

There’s no question that the quality of writing, and especially editing is disappearing. As we live in an era of anybody, and everybody, can post online and editors have no place, we get the type of writing we see from Erik Lambert, for example, where he finishes every sentence with the word ‘at’.

“The Bears are trying to see where they are at“.“He did not know where it was at.”
This shit will get you an F in third grade grammar.

At this time in the preseason, every writer is writing filler because fans want something every day, and there is just not something newsworthy every day. But a writer can tell you who is looking good in camp, and who is not without trying to make every headline sound like “this guy is dying“ or “that guy is a major bust“ after two days of practice.

Anybody can write on the internet. That does not make one a journalist. It’s important to know the difference.
Imagine being someone that links to Sportsmockery every day in this very forum!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He answered a question that annoyed him, live and completely candid. If he was doing some weird super thoughtful and intentional messaging then he's way smarter than you, because you would be the recipient and he's the author. Are you really admitting you're dumber than Eberflus?

Is there a clip of this question someplace other than the one tweet? It wasn’t in the press conference

EDIT: fake tweet. NVM

Last edited:

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
In some respects the INT count in training camp is understandable. Fields or any, especially young, qb's have to figure out their limitations or get re acquainted with them. Pushing the envelope, can I fit it in that tight window has to be ingrained. The regular season isn't the time to learn that.

So to some extent I can understand it.
This 100%. Worrying about practice interceptions is silly. Besides, if the defence can't get a few interceptions, then what does that say about them?

msadows

Liked Posts:
In some respects the INT count in training camp is understandable. Fields or any, especially young, qb's have to figure out their limitations or get re acquainted with them. Pushing the envelope, can I fit it in that tight window has to be ingrained. The regular season isn't the time to learn that.

So to some extent I can understand it.

Its a fake tweet.

The old ass boomers on here fall for every tweet they read. Who the fuck says good grief besides charlie brown?

DavidH

Liked Posts:
This 100%. Worrying about practice interceptions is silly. Besides, if the defence can't get a few interceptions, then what does that say about them?
Yep. They've invested significant resources in that back 7. They'd better be making some plays. We'd be in much worse shape if they weren't.

As long as Justin isn't making dumb decisions and is just feeling out his limits, nothing to see here.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So back to the Bears eh? The Bears first pre-season game is the day after tomorrow! What will you be on the lookout for? Here's what I am most curious about, pretty much in order:

1. Offensive line interior pass protection
  2. Offensive line exterior pass protection
  3. Justin Fields passing under pressure
  4. Who's going to step-up at receiver after #2 is off the field
  5. Running-backs all around
  6. Which rookie corner is going to have the better game

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yep. They've invested significant resources in that back 7. They'd better be making some plays. We'd be in much worse shape if they weren't.

As long as Justin isn't making dumb decisions and is just feeling out his limits, nothing to see here.

The majority of his interceptions in camp have been on contested tight window catches....which is something you want to see(not interceptions, but tight throws). He barely threw any tight window throws last year, probably because of a lack of trust in his receivers.

He won't ever be a great NFL passer if he doesnt have the confidence to throw into tight windows.

So back to the Bears eh? The Bears first pre-season game is the day after tomorrow! What will you be on the lookout for? Here's what I am most curious about, pretty much in order:

1. Offensive line interior pass protection
  2. Offensive line exterior pass protection
  3. Justin Fields passing under pressure
  4. Who's going to step-up at receiver after #2 is off the field
  5. Running-backs all around
  6. Which rookie corner is going to have the better game

The last two, as I only expect the starters to play a drive or two in a vanilla O.

Seeing Roschon and the rookie corners is what I really want to see. That and Velus, but I already know he sucks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So Mully said something in the radio about Brad Biggs doesn’t think the swing tackle is on the roster now. I’m assuming this was from his Tribune article. Anyone see this? I don’t pay for the Trib.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And, yeah, they won the division with an 8-9 record in what looked to be 1 of Brady's worst seasons. And were quickly disposed of in the playoffs.

Seemed more like Flus was disappointed as to where Fields and offense are at right now and that's why he got pissy with the reporter.
I think that many interceptions is concerning as well. That said, I am a bit confused why you added that Jordan Love highlight as to make some sort of comparison to Fields. By all accounts, Love has not had a good camp at all. Sure, we can find good throws by basically every QB ever in camp.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think that many interceptions is concerning as well. That said, I am a bit confused why you added that Jordan Love highlight as to make some sort of comparison to Fields. By all accounts, Love has not had a good camp at all. Sure, we can find good throws by basically every QB ever in camp.
Love has had a much worse camp than Fields. Doesn’t mean Fields has exactly blown everyone away tho.