Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah. I'm not buying into the narrative that this is a work ethic issue.
Agreed, It seems to be one of those self perpetuating internet rumors. Only source I see is a Bill Zimmerman tweet that only says without details that Vrabel hates Davis that seems to have been attributed to a Nashville sports radio host that is more entertainment than substance and Zimmerman has shit clue what position what position Andre Dillard plays:

and a blog post referencing an assumption based on a guess as to what the Titans would do with the Oline in the off season.

Jim Wyatt does a weekly mailbag over at TennesseeTitans.com. You should be reading it every week if you aren’t already. Jim does a good job of keeping you both informed and entertained while reading it. He gets some pretty good burns in there on people from time to time!

In this week’s edition, Joe from Joelton asked about the interior offensive line and said he would like to see the Tennessee Titans resign Nate Davis. Wyatt’s response surprised me:

Jim: Hey Joe. Always good to hear from you. Hope you enjoyed the road trips I saw you on this season. I like Corey Levin as well, and I agree it would be good to get him back in the mix for depth. As for Davis, I’d be surprised if he’s back in 2023.

Davis and Ben Jones were really the only two guys on the offensive line that played well in 2022. I thought it would be a priority for this team to bring him back. Wyatt doesn’t think so.

Of course, there are a few things that could be in play here. Davis might be able to command more money on the open market than the Titans are willing/able to give him. If he knows that and his agent knows that, it makes negotiations tough.

We also don’t know how they feel about Davis’s work ethic. Mike Vrabel talked about 9-5 guys in a postgame presser after a loss this year. I don’t have any idea if Davis is one of the guys he was referring to, but it he was, it would make sense that the Titans don’t see him as a priority this offseason despite the fact that he played well.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Agreed, It seems to be one of those self perpetuating internet rumors. Only source I see is a Bill Zimmerman tweet that only says without details that Vrabel hates Davis that seems to have been attributed to a Nashville sports radio host that is more entertainment than substance and Zimmerman has shit clue what position what position Andre Dillard plays:
Is Davis still not practicing? Sorry I havent been following much of the training camp news.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Then why not just skip it instead of complain? WTF?
I like to hear these reports, good or bad, and why I'm following the training camp thread.
Then why not skip my post? WTF?

Carry on now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Is Davis still not practicing? Sorry I havent been following much of the training camp news.

He practiced yesterday. Then sat out again today.

No one has reported an injury for him, so I'm just guessing he's a lazy bum who doesnt like to practice. Could care less, honestly, if he actually plays well on sundays.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You can really see how much bigger DJ is than Mooney with them standing next to each other.

Dj is built like a beast. He's sneaky fast too. I believe he's clocked in at over 21.5 multiple times on statcast, which is impressive for a guy built like him.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:

No one has reported an injury for him, so I'm just guessing he's a lazy bum who doesnt like to practice. Could care less, honestly, if he actually plays well on sundays.
Thanks for the info. Poles has not impressed us with his selections being a previous lineman himself. I just hope they put the pieces together to play well. Kinda disheartening that they had to get Mercedes in here since we all know he's pretty much a blocking TE. Lets just hope it doesnt take away much from the playbook.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
Maybe true but I’m pretty sure the bears passed on Jalen Carter because of work ethic and laziness. They brag about wright’s work ethic and how they couldn’t break him.

Then they sign a guy that refuses to participate in TC?? He should be out there building chemistry and helping wright.
I love how everyone on this message board knows every player's health status.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I keep seeing people saying some variation of this but c’mon…. Do we really think Flus (AKA Mr HITS) would allow that? You really think Poles with all his emphasis on character would allow that? The guy’s hurt. It’s as simple as that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the info. Poles has not impressed us with his selections being a previous lineman himself. I just hope they put the pieces together to play well. Kinda disheartening that they had to get Mercedes in here since we all know he's pretty much a blocking TE. Lets just hope it doesnt take away much from the playbook.

Braxton Jones in the 5th isn’t impressive?

And disheartening? To sign a blocking TE like every other team has? FFS

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Braxton Jones in the 5th isn’t impressive?

And disheartening? To sign a blocking TE like every other team has? FFS
Sure I'll give him props for Jones, but what else?
As for Mercedes, it's not that I dont like him, I do. It's just that it kinda tells the story of our OLine, in that we already have 5 TE's on the team (minus Mercedes), and they still feel the need to get better blocking support. I dunno, I hope I'm wrong, but this team has not impressed us with the line.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I keep seeing people saying some variation of this but c’mon…. Do we really think Flus (AKA Mr HITS) would allow that? You really think Poles with all his emphasis on character would allow that? The guy’s hurt. It’s as simple as that.

Guys get fined 50k per practice missed in TC. If he's not practicing he's hurt.
I'm assuming that is @msadows sarcasm. If not it's kinda dumb.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I actually didnt mind the Davis pickup. I hear rumors that the Titans were left sour on him due to him being a lazy SOB too, but he's an upgrade at guard and a solid starter.

Just wish they had drafted a center, because then you'd have a backup plan if someone gets hurt or Davis is a fat slob.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm assuming that is @msadows sarcasm. If not it's kinda dumb.

He could easily say he has a lingering hammy, or something.

It's not like he's holding out and saying he refuses to practice. Thats not what I meant.

Jurko mentioned that plenty of players, including himself, would just overstate their actual injuries to not have to practice every so often. Maybe nate davis is just the NFL's allen iverson.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sure I'll give him props for Jones, but what else?
As for Mercedes, it's not that I dont like him, I do. It's just that it kinda tells the story of our OLine, in that we already have 5 TE's on the team (minus Mercedes), and they still feel the need to get better blocking support. I dunno, I hope I'm wrong, but this team has not impressed us with the line.
Why wouldn't you sign a better player if there is one available at the right price? Will you also be disappointed when they make waiver claims to upgrade the roster at cut down day?