Official 2023 Training Camp thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He getting cut or something? Kind of late into his rookie contract to still be at the “needs a lot more development” stage but with his experience I’m sure he will find work somewhere regardless of how bad he was.
He’ll likely bounce around on bad teams as the 5th DB. Maybe 4th if they are bad enough

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are still quality writers, who write intelligent, or semi intelligent columns without having to title everything “the sky is falling the sky is falling“ in order to get morons to click on it.

There’s no question that the quality of writing, and especially editing is disappearing. As we live in an era of anybody, and everybody, can post online and editors have no place, we get the type of writing we see from Erik Lambert, for example, where he finishes every sentence with the word ‘at’.

“The Bears are trying to see where they are at“.“He did not know where it was at.”
This shit will get you an F in third grade grammar.

At this time in the preseason, every writer is writing filler because fans want something every day, and there is just not something newsworthy every day. But a writer can tell you who is looking good in camp, and who is not without trying to make every headline sound like “this guy is dying“ or “that guy is a major bust“ after two days of practice.

Anybody can write on the internet. That does not make one a journalist. It’s important to know the difference.

Also a distinction has to be made between journalism and commentary.

Reading twitter or articles or interviews or pressers and pulling quotes and giving a reaction is not journalism. It is commentary.

Journalism requires primary sourcing and an investigative component.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’ll likely bounce around on bad teams as the 5th DB. Maybe 4th if they are bad enough
I actually think he’d be a pretty damn good STer/gunner if he just focused on that. Could be a McMannis type who excels on ST’s and can fill in if absolutely necessary. But yeah as a full time starter he is ass.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He getting cut or something? Kind of late into his rookie contract to still be at the “needs a lot more development” stage but with his experience I’m sure he will find work somewhere regardless of how bad he was.

Getting rid of him and Gipson frees up 5+ on the cap. (Likely happening if the current depth chart is accurate) That’s more than enough to sign more help on the DL or OL.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We could do that anyway though without having to cut anyone.

They’re down to 18 per OTC and likely want some of that for any in season extensions/emergencies. So we’ve hit the time of year where an extra 5 helps.

But yes you are correct obviously. Was simply pointing out there’s more cap space likely on its way.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
They’re down to 18 per OTC and likely want some of that for any in season extensions/emergencies. So we’ve hit the time of year where an extra 5 helps.

But yes you are correct obviously. Was simply pointing out there’s more cap space likely on its way.
Yes, and my only point by that was to say that they seem pretty content with the roster now, and have been for a while, save for DE. Barring some big injury to one of our starters, there doesn't seem to be a significant signing in our near future here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Vildor has always been ass
Only to the moron's that can't see talent think he's been ass. I've always said he'd be a really good backup CB in this league but Flus loves length so another team can pick up a talented CB and put him on their 53.