Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
September 10th is all that matters. The Bears will heal us all.
Under LaFleur, the Packers have always started off very flat in their opening game. If they don't let Fields face the Bills next week, I'd hate to see the Bears come out rather flat.
Grote said there was another practice tomorrow, but I gotta think it's just a walk thru, right?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the contribution doubleDong
please keep on topic we dont need to talk about how big my dong is in here.. You can always start a new thread in the bar section taking about your fascination of huge dongs..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’ve heard nothing but bad news about PJ Walker. I wouldn’t be shocked if Peterman or even Bagent replace him.
I have zero use for Peterman and would prefer Bagent clear waivers and be #3 on the PS and called up as emergency QB on Sundays. PJ is probably better as the backup since his style of play is more similar to Fields and Bagent hasn't yet seen NFL game day Ds.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I have zero use for Peterman and would prefer Bagent clear waivers and be #3 on the PS and called up as emergency QB on Sundays. PJ is probably better as the backup since his style of play is more similar to Fields and Bagent hasn't yet seen NFL game day Ds.
I have 0 faith in Peterman as well but if Peterman is outplaying PJ then whats the point in either of them?

also I unless I'm wrong you cant have a PS QB be the emergency game day QB Bagent would have to be on the 53, he just wouldnt count against the game day roster

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No the center was that went right after him the very next pick. I can’t recall a single person pounding the desk for Dexter at 53. Complete meatball post by you, congrats.
He did not go right after Dexter. We picked Stevenson a few slots later and then Schmitz got taken. I guess you hate that pick as well. This staff still likes Kramer who had a red shirt year and weren't yet ready to move on and also needed DL. That said, I also thought Schmitz might be a consideration in 2 but I understand.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have 0 faith in Peterman as well but if Peterman is outplaying PJ then whats the point in either of them?

also I unless I'm wrong you cant have a PS QB be the emergency game day QB Bagent would have to be on the 53, he just wouldnt count against the game day roster
I just said so. PJ's game is the most similar to Fields. If Fields gets dinged during a game, we're still running what we game planned. Bagent can be brought up on game days with an injury replacement or waving someone else to the PS. Bottom of the roster is often manipulated like that and guys get dinged. Cut Peterman and Bagent, then resign Bagent to the PS. They should hide him this pre if they feel the same. He very likely clears waivers like that in Sept and then you have him ready for when the roster can accommodate him and he's fully versed. You could easily bring him up and down unless he gets in a game and shows a lot. Then the risk of losing him with the sort of roster manipulation becomes greater. If they need to choose between Peterman and Bagent for the 53 in Sept because Bagent lights it up in the pre, I rather take the project with potential as opposed to the known meh but PJ stays #2.

The kid has seen less than a 1/4 of play against scrubs so far. I loved the Bagent signing but all this angst over PJ being #2 right now is just silly.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya know......there are posts from certain individuals in this thread....well all threads.....where it is obvious to rational human beings......that their only purpose is to cause shit....troll...troll....troll. Hopefully I am not the only person able to discern this. And no... not talking about the usuals. DB70....Rainbow fuckstick......Monticky. Talking about those that think they own CCS. Those that think they are untouchable. Everyone knows who they are. One of these days the mods will have the actual guts to deal with them. So far......nah...gutless MOFOS. Those that thankbang posts from the mods telling people to stop being assholes are the ones that need to go. But hey....they are our buddies. Let's blame everyone else when they are the ones being jerkoffs.

And it is so obvious from the mods it is embarrassing

I will accept my threadban if needed.
Yup. Definitely a conspiracy!
funny-i-like-you-but-youre-crazy.gif

Your post is off topic but definitely not ban worthy on it's own. Board is quite, err, liberal in it's moderation but it appears rather even handed in that respect to me.

I thought Dexter looked better on film than watching the game and I'm happy about it.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The emergency QB has to be on the active 53 man roster, so putting him on the practice squad wouldn't help in that regard, the Bears would have to put someone on waivers each week to make him eligible to be the emergency QB.

Teams who are carrying two quarterbacks on their active roster on game day may carry a third, emergency quarterback (from the 53-man roster) who does not count against the team's game day roster;

The NFL should have made the emergency QB a player that didn't count against the active gameday OR the 53 man roster. Not sure how many teams will plan to eat up 3 spots on the 53 man for a likely to never be used QB.

That all said, in a vacuum not considering experience, PJ looks awful and offers nothing, Bears should just move on.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ya know......there are posts from certain individuals in this thread....well all threads.....where it is obvious to rational human beings......that their only purpose is to cause shit....troll...troll....troll. Hopefully I am not the only person able to discern this. And no... not talking about the usuals. DB70....Rainbow fuckstick......Monticky. Talking about those that think they own CCS. Those that think they are untouchable. Everyone knows who they are. One of these days the mods will have the actual guts to deal with them. So far......nah...gutless MOFOS. Those that thankbang posts from the mods telling people to stop being assholes are the ones that need to go. But hey....they are our buddies. Let's blame everyone else when they are the ones being jerkoffs.

Is this football related? What are your thoughts on the offense progress? This thread is not for whining, thanks

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Call them out by name and it is by chance the same poster from Bear Report who you helped get banned because they were right about Aaron Rodgers being an absolute king of a QB?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I just said so. PJ's game is the most similar to Fields. If Fields gets dinged during a game, we're still running what we game planned. Bagent can be brought up on game days with an injury replacement or waving someone else to the PS. Bottom of the roster is often manipulated like that and guys get dinged. Cut Peterman and Bagent, then resign Bagent to the PS. They should hide him this pre if they feel the same. He very likely clears waivers like that in Sept and then you have him ready for when the roster can accommodate him and he's fully versed. You could easily bring him up and down unless he gets in a game and shows a lot. Then the risk of losing him with the sort of roster manipulation becomes greater. If they need to choose between Peterman and Bagent for the 53 in Sept because Bagent lights it up in the pre, I rather take the project with potential as opposed to the known meh but PJ stays #2.

The kid has seen less than a 1/4 of play against scrubs so far. I loved the Bagent signing but all this angst over PJ being #2 right now is just silly.

dont think it will be an issue getting past wavers, Bears are first on the list. Unless there is a rule for teams that release the player cant pick first?

But my point is if PJ is bad then him being "similar" to Fields is irrelevant because again he is bad. Better off with a marginal QB that has a different skillset to fields vs a bad QB that has the same skill set.

Canth

Liked Posts:
dont think it will be an issue getting past wavers, Bears are first on the list. Unless there is a rule for teams that release the player cant pick first?

But my point is if PJ is bad then him being "similar" to Fields is irrelevant because again he is bad. Better off with a marginal QB that has a different skillset to fields vs a bad QB that has the same skill set.

Why would you cut a guy, then immediately claim him as #1 waiver priority? Just to fuck with him? If you are worried about someone else claiming and value him that much...just don't cut him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Doesn't matter where the Bears are if they waives the guy, LOL. He'd need to resign voluntarily after clearing waivers. Being 1st in the claim process only means we get 1st shot at other team's waivers which is another reason to expect Bagent to get cut at some time during that period and then re-signed to the PS.

Also, the rule is that when you cut a player, you fall to the bottom of the claim list for that player... though I don't think it's ever happened.

Some GMs are constantly manipulating the bottom of rosters and others, not so much.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Please….stay…on…topic… k???? Thanks…

Canth

Liked Posts:
Also, I should add that if a team claims a player, then I believe that player must be carried on the 53 man roster for a minimum of 3 games. I think it's 3 games. But the point is that you cannot claim him and then immediately cut him again to try and stash on the practice squad.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What in the name of Ccs illuminati is this aboot? ?

Rise

Liked Posts:
He did not go right after Dexter. We picked Stevenson a few slots later and then Schmitz got taken. I guess you hate that pick as well. This staff still likes Kramer who had a red shirt year and weren't yet ready to move on and also needed DL. That said, I also thought Schmitz might be a consideration in 2 but I understand.

Someone already pointed it out that it wasn’t exactly the next pick, I had that wrong oh well the point still stands. They were within 5 picks does that make you feel better? Sorry I don’t worship every Bears move, and if you check my posts I said this on draft night.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Are you going dark?