Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone already pointed it out that it wasn’t exactly the next pick, I had that wrong oh well the point still stands. They were within 5 picks does that make you feel better? Sorry I don’t worship every Bears move, and if you check my posts I said this on draft night.
Don't get bitchy because i made a valid observation. No one said you had to like the picks but you made a point about Dexter vs Schmitz and it wasn't. It was Dexter vs Stevenson. Dexter did not prevent us from drafting Schmitz. That was my only observation outside that this regime still wants to see what they have in Kramer. There was no reason to dump on Dexter over Schmitz. You may be right which is a better pick or not. Too early to tell and not the point but it wasn't an either or situation. Could of had both.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The VJJ one comes complete with some HHM comments at the bottom.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

The VJJ one comes complete with some HHM comments at the bottom.
Huh?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Why would you cut a guy, then immediately claim him as #1 waiver priority? Just to fuck with him? If you are worried about someone else claiming and value him that much...just don't cut him.
That's what you do for practice squad, if they are going to put a guy on the practice squad he has to go through wavers..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter where the Bears are if they waives the guy, LOL. He'd need to resign voluntarily after clearing waivers. Being 1st in the claim process only means we get 1st shot at other team's waivers which is another reason to expect Bagent to get cut at some time during that period and then re-signed to the PS.

Also, the rule is that when you cut a player, you fall to the bottom of the claim list for that player... though I don't think it's ever happened.

Some GMs are constantly manipulating the bottom of rosters and others, not so much.
Thanks I wasn't sure how it worked if you where the team to cut him, would be nice to still get first dibs of the guy, so it's a free "right to the practice squad" with him but oh well.

But if the Bears are going with the emergency QB option then he will have to be on the 53 anyway.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks I wasn't sure how it worked if you where the team to cut him, would be nice to still get first dibs of the guy, so it's a free "right to the practice squad" with him but oh well.

But if the Bears are going with the emergency QB option then he will have to be on the 53 anyway.
There's is absolutely no reason to claim a guy you waved. You wave them for a reason that is usually one of, to get rid of them, open up a spot on the 53 for someone else or to reduce their salary. If you still like them overall, you hope they clears waivers and are eligible for the PS.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
There's is absolutely no reason to claim a guy you waved. You wave them for a reason that is usually one of, to get rid of them, open up a spot on the 53 for someone else or to reduce their salary. If you still like them overall, you hope they clears waivers and are eligible for the PS.
And that's the reason

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's what you do for practice squad, if they are going to put a guy on the practice squad he has to go through wavers..
Claiming a guy means he's on the 53 and you agree to his current salary. You sign FAs to the PS. (and that doesn't mean you can't sign them to the 53 but you can't claim to the PS) FAs is what they become when they clear waivers. You can't move a guy from the 53, or whatever it is now, to the PS without waiving him 1st.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Claiming a guy means he's on the 53 and you agree to his current salary. You sign FAs to the PS. That's what they become when they clear waivers. You can't move a guy from the 53, or whatever it is now, to the PS without waiving him 1st.
You don't have to claim a guy on waivers for the 53, you can pluck any teams PS player and put them on your 53, now that team as the ability to block it by moving that player up to their own 53,

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyone know if with the injuries to Whitehair and Patrick, if Kramer is going to start Saturday? Or are either supposed to be well enough to play by that point?

I am curious to see what Kramer can do vs another team's starters.