Official 2023 Training Camp thread

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Whitehair was out of the play on those screens. The left side picked up the linebackers. Whitehair's job is to get in the way of the defensive end to make sure he doesn't get the receiver from behind initially - not really an issue given Moore's speed.

Which is why I have questions on the design of it.
Just stop!! You have no idea what you're talking about. Every poster on this board disagrees with you. Do you have some kind of twisted need to be ridiculed by others?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just stop!! You have no idea what you're talking about. Every poster on this board disagrees with you. Do you have somebody kind of twisted need to be ridiculed by others?
He's not going to stop. I think he's doing this trying to get people banned for not talking football. It's like, be really bad at talking football, make no sense, make ridiculous posts about OL play that he doesn't understand, wait for insult and then report posts.

Bears football!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
On a wr screen to the opposite side of the field there is 0 reason to account for backside defensive lineman. The ball comes out immediately or else the qb should be throwing it away. Those lineman have 0 chance of getting to the wr unless he cuts it back to the middle of the field. Not sure why this is being discussed still

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's not going to stop. I think he's doing this trying to get people banned for not talking football. It's like, be really bad at talking football, make no sense, make ridiculous posts about OL play that he doesn't understand, wait for insult and then report posts.

Bears football!
Is that twat seriously still octupling down on their shit opinion of the offensive line on the TD off a screen?

She is worse than Biff in being unable to admit that she is wrong. She also lied in the original thread about watching Fields's press conference, and backpedaled at 1 mph after someone corrected her about her criticizing Carter's performance on that play

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a wr screen to the opposite side of the field there is 0 reason to account for backside defensive lineman. The ball comes out immediately or else the qb should be throwing it away. Those lineman have 0 chance of getting to the wr unless he cuts it back to the middle of the field. Not sure why this is being discussed still
Maybe he’s so fucking lost because a Bears offensive play actually worked as it was designed to? Probably giving him too much credit though.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he’s so fucking lost because a Bears offensive play actually worked as it was designed to? Probably giving him too much credit though.
not once but twice! Back to back series! Resulting in touchdowns! Holy shit where’s the Tylenol!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ya know......there are posts from certain individuals in this thread....well all threads.....where it is obvious to rational human beings......that their only purpose is to cause shit....troll...troll....troll. Hopefully I am not the only person able to discern this. And no... not talking about the usuals. DB70....Rainbow fuckstick......Monticky. Talking about those that think they own CCS. Those that think they are untouchable. Everyone knows who they are. One of these days the mods will have the actual guts to deal with them. So far......nah...gutless MOFOS. Those that thankbang posts from the mods telling people to stop being assholes are the ones that need to go. But hey....they are our buddies. Let's blame everyone else when they are the ones being jerkoffs.

And it is so obvious from the mods it is embarrassing

I will accept my threadban if needed.
Name names, coward.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Who the fuck said that? How can anyone be this consistently confused. I hope for your sake that this is a joke.
The NFL said that..

What is poaching?​

The NFL allows practice squad players to be signed by other teams, but there are some rules governing the process:

• Players cannot be signed directly from one practice squad to another. They either have to be released first or added to the active 53-man team.
  • Practice squad players are not allowed to sign with upcoming opponents, unless done so a minimum of six days before the two teams’ game (10 if the team is on a bye).
  • If a practice squad player is signed by another team, he receives a guaranteed three-week salary and will count against the 53-man roster for at least three weeks — even if released before those three weeks are over.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The NFL said that..

What is poaching?​

The NFL allows practice squad players to be signed by other teams, but there are some rules governing the process:

• Players cannot be signed directly from one practice squad to another. They either have to be released first or added to the active 53-man team.
  • Practice squad players are not allowed to sign with upcoming opponents, unless done so a minimum of six days before the two teams’ game (10 if the team is on a bye).
  • If a practice squad player is signed by another team, he receives a guaranteed three-week salary and will count against the 53-man roster for at least three weeks — even if released before those three weeks are over.
Have shovel, will travel to mom’s basement. Facts don’t change the fact that you’re utterly confused and off on some tangent about something that I didn’t even imply.

Last edited:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are getting confused..

Or maybe I am if they have changed things again

As soon as every team cuts down to 53, all those other players are cut, if they are vets with 4 years they are free agents and can sign with any team, the rest go on waivers and bears pick first, they can fill the PS and also cut and move guys to the 53 if they want.

But to get the players on the PS they have to go through waivers first
Do the Bears have the #1 wavier spot all year or only until the use it and then the go to the bottom of the list? Thanks!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People are getting confused..

Or maybe I am if they have changed things again

As soon as every team cuts down to 53, all those other players are cut, if they are vets with 4 years they are free agents and can sign with any team, the rest go on waivers and bears pick first, they can fill the PS and also cut and move guys to the 53 if they want.

But to get the players on the PS they have to go through waivers first
But that's not what we were talking about. You were posting about the bear being 1st in line to claim someone they also cut which is goofy. The rest that you're quoting is only corroborating what you've been previously told by others and they would be last in line for someone they obviously cut for a reason anyway.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
But that's not what we were talking about. You were talking about the bear being 1st in line to claim someone they cut which is goofy.
no we where talking about the emergency QB but that cant come from the PS it has to come from the 53, we got side tracked on when and how players end up on the PS, they "originally" have to be waived from the team before ending up on the PS when they cut down to the 53 roster.

But that really has nothing to do with the emergency QB because again the emergency QB has to be on the 53

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no we where talking about the emergency QB but that cant come from the PS it has to come from the 53, we got side tracked on when and how players end up on the PS, they "originally" have to be waived from the team before ending up on the PS when they cut down to the 53 roster.

But that really has nothing to do with the emergency QB because again the emergency QB has to be on the 53
No we were talking about waiving on the 53 cut down if he doesn't show too much and putting him on the PS. You then said we could just claim him 1st which is both silly since it doesn't help the 53 thing and we couldn't anyway.

Once on the PS, If another team wanted him, outside of 4 protected, he could be signed to any 53 anyway without being waived or us being able to stop it outside of a FA type preference to stay here with a similar offer. Other than the 4 protected players per team, you can sign any player from any practice squad at any time. They don't have to be waived to get filched or brought up on game day but would have to be waived to get back to the PS.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No we were talking about waiving on the 53 cut down if he doesn't show too much and putting him on the PS. You then said we could just claim him 1st which is both silly since it doesn't help the 53 thing and we couldn't anyway.

Once on the PS, If another team wanted him, outside of 4 protected, he could be signed to any 53 anyway without being waived or us being able to stop it outside of a FA type preference to stay here with a similar offer. Other than the 4 protected players per team, you can sign any player from any practice squad at any time. They don't have to be waived to get filched or brought up on game day but would have to be waived to get back to the PS.
I asked if we could claim him first, but as you pointed out you cant claim the guy you just cut. Was thinking there might be a loop hole to bounce him and other players from PS to 53 and back again by cutting then getting first dibs again, but to claim him he has to go back to the 53 not the PS so no loophole.

although there is some new rule that you can bounce a player from PS to the 53 and then back again, but there is limitations on only doing it a few times or something. Bottom line here is the only way to have the emergency QB is to have him on the 53.. if you are putting Bagnet on the PS then your not running a emergency QB because I dont see them keeping both peterson and PJ and have Bagent on the PS

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
dont think it will be an issue getting past wavers, Bears are first on the list. Unless there is a rule for teams that release the player cant pick first?

But my point is if PJ is bad then him being "similar" to Fields is irrelevant because again he is bad. Better off with a marginal QB that has a different skillset to fields vs a bad QB that has the same skill set.
I believe there is a rule, but, even if there weren't a rule, if the Bears pick up a player they cut, off of wavers, he is on the 53 man roster, not the PS. So you might as well keep him on the 53 man roster if you plan on cutting him and bringing him back off of wavers. The PS is for players who went through wavers and did not get signed.